So once Trump removes the Iran deal, Iran is free to develop nukes. Then what?

You think they don't have the money to build nukes?

Iran is a first world nation.

Fyi, China's silk road runs through Iran. The days of Iranian containment are over.
Now while I think Trump is an idiot and a liar on this deal, let's not get too far. Iran is second world at best, and they're still a theocracy.

They are not a military threat (yet), but they threaten American interests in the region. Both Saudis and Iranians IMO are two sides of the same coin, and I agree with the fact Saudis are worse. US protects Saudi interests because Saudis sell their oil in dollars and Iranians dont. Most of their oil fields are on the eastern side of the Saudi Arabia, so a westward expansion of Iranian sphere of influence threatens that and the US dollar.

On top of it, China, which has just surpassed USA in oil imports, is pressuring Saudi Arabia to sell oil in yuan instead of dollars. If USA does not protect Saudi interests in the region, it will not hold its end of the petrodollar agreement and China will move in. That would be more disastrous than undoing the Iran deal.

It is inevitable.

Time to start planning for a post petro-dollar world.

No, I don't think so. If the Israelis feel threatened, they will attack Iran regardless of what Americans think or who the U.S. President is. They have done it before...
Yep the Samson option. They won't wait on America for shit if they see something that could lead to their extinction. And to be quite honest I don't blame them.

Now while I think Trump is an idiot and a liar on this deal, let's not get too far. Iran is second world at best, and they're still a theocracy.

In terms of economic, education, and infastructure, they are 1st world.

HDI?

Come on man. What is Russia's HDI?

Is Russia a first world nation?
Nope, Russia is not a first world nation. First world is limited to North America, Western Europe and Japan/South Korea in Asia.

American interests to maintain global economic hegemony. No person should give two shits about that interest.

They absolutely are not. Iran has issues, but nowhere near those of the Saudis. Iran is a democracy where secular protections such as due process still exist. My biggest pet peeve is this "Iran funds terrorists" nonsense. 90% of regional Islamic terrorists are Sunni. Iran is Shiite. The largest exporter by a matter of exponents is Saudi Arabia with their ultra-conservative Wahhabism.

I have no problems with the rest of your post. It seems accurate. But I really have no regard for American hegemony in cornering financial control.

Iran has zero problems cozying up with sunni terrorists when it suits them.

Iran has zero problems cozying up with sunni terrorists when it suits them.
You can replace Iran with US in that sentence and it'd be just as applicable. For US to accuse Iran of being a terrorist sponsor is quite hypocritical, especially when US is closely aligned with Saudi Arabia.

The countries without a retard in office will carry on with the deal.

You think they don't have the money to build nukes?

Iran is a first world nation.

Fyi, China's silk road runs through Iran. The days of Iranian containment are over.

The terms first and third world are antiquated. The distinctions were determined by who sided with who during the cold war. Anything that limits their ability to generate wealth is a positive. I'm aware that they have an abundance of gas and oil.

The terms first and third world are antiquated. The distinctions were determined by who sided with who during the cold war. Anything that limits their ability to generate wealth is a positive. I'm aware that they have an abundance of gas and oil.
You really are brainwashed. Iran is one of the most secular countries in the me. The only reason the ayatollahs have not been kicked the fuck out is because the general population has no backing and have been demonized by idiots like you.
They would go full pro USA in a heartbeat if they had the backing to overthrow the current regime

This isn’t a bilateral agreement between the USA and Iran. We can pull out but that doesn’t mean the rest of the world will. The EU and Russia (big surprise) have already stated they will continue.

You really are brainwashed. Iran is one of the most secular countries in the me. The only reason the ayatollahs have not been kicked the fuck out is because the general population has no backing and have been demonized by idiots like you.
They would go full pro USA in a heartbeat if they had the backing to overthrow the current regime

LOL!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...trump-chant-death-to-america-tv-idUSKBN15P0QV

hundreds of thousands shouting death to America but if we backed a regime change (because we are so good at that) they would love us...

Yep the Samson option. They won't wait on America for shit if they see something that could lead to their extinction. And to be quite honest I don't blame them.
Is pre-emptive attack -aka we attacked first- only morally justifiable for Israel or do other people also have the right to defend themselves from belligerence.

This is what happens when we have a section of our elite (NeoCons) who sacrifice what is in America's best interest for what is in Israel's best interest, even if that means America gets screwed over. The conservatives , who are soo quick to label people and ideas as anti-American, are giving the NeoCons a pass. But the alt-right conservatives aren't.

Trump is an alt-right candidate , sort of, but he is also very much supportive of hawkish Israeli politics. His son-in-law Kushner is orthodox, and the orthodox in America are the biggest supporters of rightwing Israeli policies, the exception being those tiny few like Neturai Karta. Kushner supports rightwing Israeli leaders.

Back