So rumor is Bloomberg is going to run for Democratic nomination for president

The Dems will have a vulnerable president to run against. They'd better have something worth voting for if they expect to win.

"She lost to a reality TV star. The guy said something three times a week that would blow up anyone else's campaign.
... that's like in football, if the other team throws twenty interceptions and you still manage to lose the game."
-Bill Burr

I think it's a dumb way of looking at it. The candidate didn't lose; voters fucked up, and the country is paying the price for it. Elections are not like football games. It's like saying, "Manny Ramirez lost the 1991 draft to Brien Taylor. The guy never even made it out of AA, and you still manage to get picked after him."

On topic, Bloomberg is horrible and has no chance in the primary. He could help Trump by running as an independent, though.

How do you see him as a centrist? He ran as a republican in NYC to avoid the DNC primaries. Then went independent and is back to being a democrat.

His views are quite typical of the other billionaire democrats. Against guns, has armed guards. Against people drinking beer on NYC beaches,as he drank wine in central park listening to violin players. Concerned about climate change, but has a private jet and a helicopter. Wanted microhousing in NYC telling people they can live with less as he has a 5 bedroom townhouse there and 15 other houses. Speculated that the times square bomber may have been someone against Obamacare, but once the real motive was known, he went into a tirade about the backlash against muslims

I doubt too many people want a do as I say, not as I do guy.

Couldn't have described Bloomberg or the leaders of the left better. Not just the billionaires. That applies to all of them. The entire leadership of the Democrats and their Hollywood cheerleaders.

Last edited:
I think it's a dumb way of looking at it. The candidate didn't lose; voters fucked up, and the country is paying the price for it. Elections are not like football games. It's like saying, "Manny Ramirez lost the 1991 draft to Brien Taylor. The guy never even made it out of AA, and you still manage to get picked after him."
Yeah Bill Burr is a moron, but he has charisma and he appeals to other morons.

Reminds of me of Trump in that respect. Too bad Trump didn't go into comedy instead.

Go to Ferguson or Baltimore. The Democrat's voter base will let you feel the burn literally. That's who they represent. The Dem base is ghetto people and welfare recipients. They spent decades making a huge segment of people dependent on big government.

No man that's just what you think. Most of my family and friends are Bernie supporters. Most of them are upper middle class some areare exception wealthy.

People vote for Bernie to GIVE. We want everyone to have medical care and we want everyone who works to have a livable wage. We believe either philosophically , intellectually or spiritually that everyone should be able to live a life of dignity and respect and that society should not produce jobs that leave people in poverty while producing absurd wealth in others.

We are right.

So a real billionaire businessman, not the fake can we have in the White House now.

It's funny people think "the soda thing" would sink Bloom. Trump is a bigger fucking idiot on a daily basis than every president combined and no one seems to care. I find it hard to believe the soda thing would be a nail in the coffin type thing. It's barely a blip on the radar

Americans care more about their large diet cokes than they do about sexual assault pussy grabbing.

No man that's just what you think. Most of my family and friends are Bernie supporters. Most of them are upper middle class some areare exception wealthy.

People vote for Bernie to GIVE. We want everyone to have medical care and we want everyone who works to have a livable wage. We believe either philosophically , intellectually or spiritually that everyone should be able to live a life of dignity and respect and that society should not produce jobs that leave people in poverty while producing absurd wealth in others.

We are right.

Bernie is the biggest fraud in contemporary politics. Dude defended Hillary during the debates rather than attack and expose her perjury and the corrupt FBI investigation into her felony activities because he was never in it to win it. It was publicity. Everyone who voted for him got played. He was told by Donna Brazile that the DNC rigged the primary election against him in conspiracy with Hillary and he still went out and endorsed and campaigned hard for Hillary. What does that say about him? He's even worse than Hillary.

Won't even get into the nefarious crap he and his family did that is still the subject of an FBI investigation that he never gets asked about by this Orewellian media.

Yeah Bill Burr is a moron, but he has charisma and he appeals to other morons.

Reminds of me of Trump in that respect. Too bad Trump didn't go into comedy instead.

I think Burr is much smarter than Trump, but he doesn't seriously or deeply about these kinds of issues (and is partly playing a character who's not as smart as the real guy behind it).

Bernie is the biggest fraud in contemporary politics. Dude defended Hillary during the debates rather than attack and expose her perjury and the corrupt FBI investigation into her felony activities because he was never in it to win it. It was publicity. Everyone who voted for him got played. He was told by Donna Brazile that the DNC rigged the primary election against him in conspiracy with Hillary and he still went out and endorsed and campaigned hard for Hillary. What does that say about him? He's even worse than Hillary.

Won't even get into the nefarious crap he and his family did that is still the subject of an FBI investigation that he never gets asked about by this Orewellian media.

Bernie did not go hard against Hillary for two reasons. First he just wants to run a campaign on the issues which is a guaranteed win for progressives . That is hard to do since the media and most politicians don't want the issues focused on.

Second Bernie believed as many do, as I did and do, that Trump was and is dangerously unqualified and dangerously unfit to be president. This is why he did not go hard against Hillary.

I won't argue that you should support Bernie. You are dead wrong about why he did what he did though. I voted for Hillary too, with my nose plugged because of the stench. It was worth the try to keep worse degenerated from running the country IMO.

Bernie did not go hard against Hillary for two reasons. First he just wants to run a campaign on the issues which is a guaranteed win for progressives . That is hard to do since the media and most politicians don't want the issues focused on.

Second Bernie believed as many do, as I did and do, that Trump was and is dangerously unqualified and dangerously unfit to be president. This is why he did not go hard against Hillary.

I won't argue that you should support Bernie. You are dead wrong about why he did what he did though. I voted for Hillary too, with my nose plugged because of the stench. It was worth the try to keep worse degenerated from running the country IMO.

Yeah. He believed Trump is unfit and unqualified. This is after the community organizer was POTUS for two terms. So he'd rather have a woman he knows has no ethics, no integrity and respect for the law or democracy. Who conspired with the party leadership to rig the nomination process so that she would win and make a mockery out of those supported him. Got it.

Time for the Dems to pick someone outside the traditional confines of the party, like how the GOP grassroots picked Trump.

Curious who you would say those non-traditional Democrats are (aside from Bernie)

Based on what he has been saying he is going to run from the center. Some left of center positions and some right of center positions but against the extreme of either party.

What do you think of his chances?
-----------------------------------
Bloomberg did not say when he would make a decision on whether to run for president.

“I’m working on this Nov. 6 election, and after that I’ll take a look at it,” Bloomberg said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/17/us/politics/bloomberg-president-2020-democrat.html

he voices stark disagreements with progressives on defining issues including bank regulation, stop-and-frisk police tactics and the #MeToo movement.

He urged audiences in Seattle and San Francisco to punish Republicans who oppose gun control or reject climate science. And in Las Vegas on Sunday he called on Democrats to seize command of the political center and win over Americans “who voted Republican in 2016.”

Mr. Bloomberg believe he would have a plausible route to its presidential nomination if he stood out as a lonely moderate in a field of conventional liberals challenging President Trump.

is he gonna do a nationwide ban on soda? just wondering if i should stock up

I think sexual assaulting women is worse than not wanting fatties having access to 72 oz soft drinks.

Well . . . that's because it is . . . and should make you wonder why he devoted any resources to the big gulp fiasco.

I'm rather done with assholes from new york running the country. hes better but probably not by much.

This isnt a damn business, or a game. I dont want that piece of shit running the country

America finally waking up and realizing that its problems are due to electing politicians that aren't rich enough.

So a real billionaire businessman, not the fake can we have in the White House now.

It's funny people think "the soda thing" would sink Bloom. Trump is a bigger fucking idiot on a daily basis than every president combined and no one seems to care. I find it hard to believe the soda thing would be a nail in the coffin type thing. It's barely a blip on the radar
People still make fun of Liz Warren for the Native American thing. Trump fans will desperately grab on to anything a Democrat does while completely ignoring the buffoon in office.

People still make fun of Liz Warren for the Native American thing. Trump fans will desperately grab on to anything a Democrat does while completely ignoring the buffoon in office.

Yeah I agree. If the soda thing is the worst you can dig up I’d imagine he’d be in good shape as a candidate

Back