So sad...

Without the threat of a takedown Khabib never touches Floyd.

Kills him in mma though.

theres not enough evidence to conclude that he was going for some kind of sprawl or defence. khabib doesnt fake a takedown or try to set up the punch in any way. he just blasts out a fast overhand and conor can't deal with it. don't try to make it complicated when it's simple, conor simply got blasted, fair and square. his striking is overrated and khabibs is underrated
He doesn't have to fake a takedown to make Conor wary of it. The instant he sees Khabib start to come forward he has to determine if it's a takedown or a strike. When a wrestler dips his head (like Khabib did before the overhand right) it's hard to tell which one he's going for. At any rate the threat of the takedown makes it much harder to focus on striking and striking defense. If you put Conor and Khabib in a striking only match it would look entirely different.

Khabib will do better than Conor did. If he beats Tony and Poirier, I see why not. Make some cash.

IDGAF about Conor's boxing but just because he got caught good once doesn't make Khabib a "good boxer". He still throws hands like a drunk and has shit defence. Piss-poor technique by boxing standards, and he thinks it's gonna cut it against FLOYD?? Get the fuck outta here.

If you put Conor and Khabib in a striking only match it would look entirely different.

thats 100% speculation. khabib stood face to face with conor during the fight and traded blows. conor landed shots and khabib was unhurt, unfazed, undaunted. conor got knocked on his ass.

you can choose to believe whatever you want, i choose to believe my eyes. conor had literally no good moments in the fight. that is the evidence that is before us. what is in your imagination remains there, its not a part of the real world, and no matter what imaginary powers you bestow on conor, they will never help him in a real fight.

i conclude that khabib beats conor everywhere, because khabib beat conor everywhere

feel free to disagree, im not really bothered

thats 100% speculation. khabib stood face to face with conor during the fight and traded blows. conor landed shots and khabib was unhurt, unfazed, undaunted. conor got knocked on his ass.

you can choose to believe whatever you want, i choose to believe my eyes. conor had literally no good moments in the fight. that is the evidence that is before us. what is in your imagination remains there, its not a part of the real world, and no matter what imaginary powers you bestow on conor, they will never help him in a real fight.

i conclude that khabib beats conor everywhere, because khabib beat conor everywhere

feel free to disagree, im not really bothered
So you don't think that having to make split second decisions about defending a takedown or defending a strike makes a difference in the stand up? I'm trying to be nice but if you can't understand that then it's hopeless.
It is true that Khabib won the striking in their fight, but not because he is a more skilled striker.

The hypocrisy on Sherdog!!! They don’t want Khabib who is a better boxer( not striker) than Conor to make the big money, but it was perfectly fine for Conor who never had a pro boxing match to fight Floyd!! The hate and bias is beyond ridiculous. At least Khabib has the stamina and work ethics to probably go the distance and may even beat old Floyd! Why the double standards?

Huge khabib fan but he's not a better technical boxer than Conor. He most probably have a more effective MMA boxing in their match due to the concern of his takedowns.

I say fuck it, let them fight if they want to fight.

I'll watch it, and you will too.

I'm not in a position, or even remotely qualified to be a matchmaker. But I'll watch the shit out of any compelling or interesting fight if it's put in front of me.

Ya'll bitches need to get your heads checked.

"Y'all bitches"?

Only a handful of Conor fans wanted to see him fight Floyd. The rest of us (fans and haters alike) knew it was a waste of time.

But to answer your question...Conor is a once in a generation entertainer, as is floyd, so there was allure in the personalities colliding and Conor had a legitimate chance at landing something devastating due to his accuracy, length, and power. Khabibs striking is a typical wrestle brawler. Yeah he can land damage, but in a boxing ring that type of chaotic punching would only last for about a round before being gassed out and kod unconscious. There’s nothing intelligent to khabibs striking, and his personality is nothing that would captivate the casuals...in other words it’s absolutelt pointless.
I don’t find Conor that entertaining unless he’s kicking ass or getting his ass kicked. I like the later better

Khabib is a grappler not a striker geez people are fucking retarded going on about this fight.

Floyd wont stop Khabib, it would be a decision

As much as I think he is a dickhead, Cunner has better hands than Khabib...Khabib is a superior grappler , wrestler. And BJ practioner, but Cunner is a better boxer..

Khabib himself wouldn't label himself as a better boxer than Conor. Wtf?

Im on the khabib wagon choo choo. That said him boxing mayweather is a grear pay day, thats about it.

The hypocrisy on Sherdog!!! They don’t want Khabib who is a better boxer( not striker) than Conor to make the big money, but it was perfectly fine for Conor who never had a pro boxing match to fight Floyd!! The hate and bias is beyond ridiculous. At least Khabib has the stamina and work ethics to probably go the distance and may even beat old Floyd! Why the double standards?
stopped reading at khabibs a better boxer.
To be honest, I would have stopped anyway since youre ranting like a bitchy woman on the View

Conor doesnt have better hands than Khabib anymore. The fact is Khabib has been vastly improving his stand up, plus he already has better much better stamina and chin than Conor. If floyd wins it will be by decision only.

Las Vegas is giving Khabib better odds to beat Floyd than Conor had, so I like always I will side with Vegas.

Back