Soda Stream Replacement Bottle?

Just use this;
https://www.kegoutlet.com/soda-carbonating-kit-20-oz-co2.html?gclid=CM2m7ZCXhc8CFQoxaQodue0ESw
SP201.jpg
Thanks, but I already have a Soda Stream, so I'm looking for alternatives to the Soda Stream co2 bottle. The thing I like about it is that the bottle is small enough that I can drink one in a sitting so it doesn't go flat. The 2 liter bottle will sit in the fridge and go flat.

I had one a few years ago. Used it a few times and thought it was cool as a novelty. It sat on my counter for like 2 years unused until my wife threw it out.
Thank you for sharing.

In the UK, a lot of places sell you a new bottle half price if you recycle your old one with them.

So I have a soda stream and I love the thing. But their replacement CO2 bottles are pricey. Anyone use a 20 lb bottle with the adapter cable thingey? I don't want to turn on the co2 when fizzing water and then turn off the bottle to keep the cable from bursting. I just want to get a huge tank that I can leave on and fizz when my heart desires.

Help me sherbros
I am not sure..but you can try Youtube. I think you solved your problem on Youtube.

Thanks, but I already have a Soda Stream, so I'm looking for alternatives to the Soda Stream co2 bottle. The thing I like about it is that the bottle is small enough that I can drink one in a sitting so it doesn't go flat. The 2 liter bottle will sit in the fridge and go flat.

You don't have to fill the bottle all of the way and it can be used on almost any size soda bottle. Most use the same cap.

@mushishi With that particular adapter sure, If you notice the metal valve at the one end it looks like they installed a poor mans (pressure regulator) .

Thats probably 12 dollars in parts for $100 dollars.

As long as the hose itself is designed for pressure you'd probably be better off buying a "real" pressure regulator, the soda stream adapter and a length of hose. That way you can accurately read the pressure in your tank and detect any potential leaks.

C02 pressured hoses seem pretty cheap.

TDLR

Basically that product you linked will work and won't leak but the same can be said about a hose and adapter you assemble yourself as long as you place a regulator before the hose even if you go the poor mans route like they did.
definitely want a good regulator from a company like airgas meant for large, highly pressurized, gas tanks and proper pressure rated tubing.

That's a lot of inert gas that could escape in a relatively closed environment if not hooked up correctly

So I have a soda stream and I love the thing. But their replacement CO2 bottles are pricey. Anyone use a 20 lb bottle with the adapter cable thingey? I don't want to turn on the co2 when fizzing water and then turn off the bottle to keep the cable from bursting. I just want to get a huge tank that I can leave on and fizz when my heart desires.

Help me sherbros
Many kinds of best sodastream check this.

I was about a second away from buying a soda stream, and jesus christ am I happy I didn't get one. I'd be diabetic in week with one of those. Having a co2 canister of that size would be my ultimate demise. I'd only drink soda.

I would like one of these but I do the boycott Israel so no dice for me.

Back