Locked SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (First Reactions; Tracking for $160M+ Holiday Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why?

The post I quoted wasn't a spoiler.

And who DOESN'T know by now Luke dies in Ep8?

I'd completely forgot he died. I haven't actually seen episode 8. 7 sucked so bad that I really don't care to see another Star Wars movie until I see rave reviews.
I was talking about his wife for the spoiler. Or is that covered in 8?

i'd rather watch the Adventures of Ford Fairlane again than the upcoming Solo movie
tenor.gif
FORD FAIRLANE is a surprisingly good movie despite having a lead break out in a musical number.

I was talking about his wife for the spoiler. Or is that covered in 8?

No, it wasn't.

And the post I quoted that first mentioned Abrams looking for an actress to play Mara Jade wasn't in a spoiler.

I've been on Sherdog for a decade, so when to use spoilers isn't lost on me.

No, it wasn't.

And the post I quoted that first mentioned Abrams looking for an actress to play Mara Jade wasn't in a spoiler.

I've been on Sherdog for a decade, so when to use spoilers isn't lost on me.

You quoted me. That was my post.
Abrams is looking for a 40-50 year old female to play Mara for episode 9.
If there's light whips, I'm done.
http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/04/...-casting-a-major-expanded-universe-character/

All I said was Mara. They haven't added the last name to it yet. We have no clue if it's Mara Jade or not.
But if it is, congratulations. You just spoiled it for people.

All I said was Mara. They haven't added the last name to it yet. We have no clue if it's Mara Jade or not.
But if it is, congratulations. You just spoiled it for people

So now for those who are familiar with the old extended universe, we have to put spoilers around their middle and last names if they may be in the next movie and they're related to previously established movie characters.

giphy.gif

@Dragonlordxxxxx Got something for the people on your Star Wars list. This featurette released a few days ago got some new footage & some comments by the director & actors.

Last edited:

@Dragonlordxxxxx Got something for the people on your Star Wars list. This featurette released a few days ago got some new footage & some comments by the director.

Honestly I'v still gota pretty positive feeling about this, looks like it nails the kind of atmosphere I want in Starwars rather than Abrams cartoonish style plus its actually not afraid to show us a lot in terms of characters/story.

Whenever Starwars trailers just try and get away with showing random atmosphere shots its not been a good sign of quality.

Last edited:

@Dragonlordxxxxx Got something for the people on your Star Wars list. This featurette released a few days ago got some new footage & some comments by the director.

Was meaning to watch this, thanks for posting. I like the look of it, gritty Western type of feeling.

Saw the preview with Infinity War last night. Holy meh. People popped for Venom, nobody seemed to give a shit about this.

#spoiler alert# In the end, he helps blow up the Death Star, marries a princess and then he is killed by his son

Didn't see Thor rag, black pan, jl, sw8 or gayavengers in theatres just streamed it few days later. Ill see this opening day....falcon and solo is worth 3d.

Update: May 3, 2018

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY Tracking for Huge $160 Million-Plus 4-Day Weekend

rY3yev4.jpg

Disney and Lucasfilms' Solo: A Star Wars Story is tracking to open to record-breaking numbers over Memorial Day, not adjusted for inflation.

Directed by Ron Howard, the stand-alone film should zoom past $160 million over the four-day holiday weekend, according to those with access to tracking surveys. The current Memorial Day record holder is Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End ($139.8 million). Advance ticket sales for Solo commence early Friday morning ET, timed to "Star Wars Day."

Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover and Emilia Clarke star in the Han Solo origin film, which is pacing ahead of fellow stand-alone film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in terms of key metrics, such as unaided awareness and first choice. In December 2016, Rogue Oneposted a three-day debut of $155.1 million.

When Rogue One first came on tracking three weeks before its release, projections showed the movie debuting to $130 million-plus domestically.

The tracking services are often conservative in their actual opening estimates; in the case of Solo, industry leader NRG shows the film debuting to $135 million. Analysts deciphering such data as first choice often come up with a higher number, as is the case for Howard's movie.

Solo chronicles a young Han Solo and his adventures with the Wookiee Chewbacca, as well as his first encounter with Lando Calrissian.

'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Tracking for Record $160 Million-Plus Memorial Day Bow

Update: May 3, 2018

SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY Tracking for Huge $160 Million-Plus 4-Day Weekend

rY3yev4.jpg

Disney and Lucasfilms' Solo: A Star Wars Story is tracking to open to record-breaking numbers over Memorial Day, not adjusted for inflation.

Directed by Ron Howard, the stand-alone film should zoom past $160 million over the four-day holiday weekend, according to those with access to tracking surveys. The current Memorial Day record holder is Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End ($139.8 million). Advance ticket sales for Solo commence early Friday morning ET, timed to "Star Wars Day."

Alden Ehrenreich, Donald Glover and Emilia Clarke star in the Han Solo origin film, which is pacing ahead of fellow stand-alone film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in terms of key metrics, such as unaided awareness and first choice. In December 2016, Rogue Oneposted a three-day debut of $155.1 million.

When Rogue One first came on tracking three weeks before its release, projections showed the movie debuting to $130 million-plus domestically.

The tracking services are often conservative in their actual opening estimates; in the case of Solo, industry leader NRG shows the film debuting to $135 million. Analysts deciphering such data as first choice often come up with a higher number, as is the case for Howard's movie.

Solo chronicles a young Han Solo and his adventures with the Wookiee Chewbacca, as well as his first encounter with Lando Calrissian.

'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Tracking for Record $160 Million-Plus Memorial Day Bow
I'm genuinely shocked. The last trailer was much better than the previous trailers, but after The Last Jedi backlash, issues on set and all the rumors about how the lead sucks, I thought people would shy away from the film.

I guess Star Wars gonna Star Wars.

Really good for a movie that the majority of people I heard from didn't want it.

I for one would have liked other stories to be put on film then this but hey I'll still see this one of course I do have more interest in this star wars world so yea can't miss it.

Hard schedule Infinity War huge monster of a movie then Deadpool 2 that again has big potential not to mention hits after hits will show up after like Incredibles, Ocean's 8, Jurassic, Sicario it will get crowded. I wonder why they still chose May and not go December, then again bigger brake for Ep 9 could be a good thing, get people wanting it more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back