Solo workout 2. Long video. Bagwork and spinning shit.

I don't know if you were doing it light for the purpose of the workout, it;s hard to tell without the sound - but I'd like it if you got more leverage into your punches and elbows. Kicks I can't really critique!

nice high kicks! how do you kick that high? i can only kick like waist or chest level. for the kicks i'd say when you do spinning shit, you have to whip your head around faster so you can see before your strike comes around. also when you do a side kick you should angle your knee more upwards when you chamber it. kinda like you pulling your knee into your chest.

nice high kicks! how do you kick that high? i can only kick like waist or chest level. for the kicks i'd say when you do spinning shit, you have to whip your head around faster so you can see before your strike comes around. also when you do a side kick you should angle your knee more upwards when you chamber it. kinda like you pulling your knee into your chest.

Bring your knee up as high as you can and then extend your leg while keeping it at that height.
Easier said than done. Stretch a lot and stretch everyday.

Last edited:
Stance on the front leg side kicks. Pay more attention to the recovery & stance after your front leg side kicks. After you throw that kick you usually end up with your feet very close together in a narrow stance, in a completely square stance, or way off balance and having to take several steps to recover your stance. It leaves you in a bad position and vulnerable to counters.

Several possible solutions.
- Do a quick hop-step back with your base leg as you retract the kicking leg, this puts you back to your start position faster than putting the kicking leg down and then resetting the stance.
- Instead of bringing the kicking leg back to the start position, drop it down forward of the start position and preferably at a bit of an angle. This way you've closed some distance and you're right into a solid stance and ready to follow-up with more strikes.
- Bring the kicking leg back behind the base leg to switch stance and open the distance.

The goal is to get back into a solid stance as quickly & efficiently as possible after the kick so that you're ready to defend, attack, or move.

Bring you're knee up as high as you can and then extend your leg while keeping it at that height.
Easier said than done. Stretch a lot and stretch everyday.
THANK YOU. That helps me make so much sense of head kicks. i most certainly am not flexible enough yet, but im already kicking higher with that critique.

Back