Solution to the Conor problem:

The UFC needs Conor more than he needs them. And he's apparently smarter than they are.

Good luck UFC.

Conor Bless.

4 Billion reasons why UFC don't want to screw over their biggest cash cow.

just looking for a quote. i'm not following every word they say about conor like many of you..

you got one?

At this point in this situation, them NOT saying anything is co-signing his bullshit. The UFC front office silence is my quote.

I get your point, at the same time: Tony and Khabib are more legit LW's than Conor imo, so i don't think it is crap tbh.

And i agree with it

Strip Conor
V
Khabib vs Ferg for the real belt
V
MMA

If Conor want to actually return to the octagon, make him fight the loser of that to win (if he can) his titleshot
Simple, clean, cold

That if they want prove nobody is above the sport

But they will likely chose the most crap approach likely, wich is something even worse than what you say

They will just F v K to fuck off one contender, then hype Conor as the only true Champ v the winner (and pray Conor win)

If it was me this would be my play as seam Shelby or whoever is handling lightweight now.

1. Send him a bout agreement to unify the titles against Tony Ferguson in Ireland , for 7 million guarantee pay with a Win bonus of $900,000 with an impressive stoppage victory totalling his potential payout at 7.9 mill before ppv shares. I offer Tony 2.5 mill guarantee with the same $900,000 incentive bonus making his potential pay 3.4 mill before ppv shares . Targeted for mid to late June. Kick off the summer and leave the rest of the year for 1 more fight in the fall or year end. .

2. Inside the bout agreement mentioned above a failure to agree to such terms will result in stripping of the lightweight title due to inactivity. And Tony will be stated as new undisputed Lightweight champion.

3. Apon stripping McGregor a new but agreement will be sent to Tony and Khabib.. for the same date in June.

Tony to receive the same 3.5 mill plus ppv buys with a decisive victory and offer Khabib 2 mill. No bonus but ppv shares included as the fight will take place in Russia to burst ufc into a new market.

The ppv share %'s are TBD by each camp before signing .this applies to both contracts mentioned here..

See..simple problem solved , someone get me in touch with Dana , I'll work as match maker any day hook me up with over $200,000 a year and free ufc ticketd/merchandise and I'm in

Furthermore cost to the company per fight listed her

1. 9.5 mill before Bonuses and shares

2. 5.5 mill before bonuses and shares

Makes better business sense to strip Connor and do the Tony vs Khabib fight.just saying from a cost perspective

Last edited:
At this point in this situation, them NOT saying anything is co-signing his bullshit. The UFC front office silence is my quote.
there's another thread on the first page with dana saying they'll be fine with or without conor. it's not like they're completely silent. they just can't make the guy fight.

I smell defamation lawsuits that could make Conor richer and fight even less.

Sure, have Dana be the fall guy and run to the media to talk shit. I've seen lawsuits go for no less than $100,000 for stupid shit like that.

Stripping the title from Conor is within their contractual right, but then you'd be throwing away a potential big PPV within 120 days from now. Conor already released a statement saying he's fighting in April. Why lose your patience now?

I think we're probably very close to that point already. As soon as GSP dropped out (first retirement), Dana went savage on him.

<{monica}><{monica}><{monica}><{monica}><{monica}>

That's the smartets post regarding the UFC and his treatment of McG. IMO, i think they are under negotiations but McG is making himself a jabroni by askng too much which, in context it was the UFC's fault for allowing him to fight Floyd just to get a cut from his check. Now they are dealing with a huge egocentric monster they created and at the same time wondering what to do with him since he's the cash cow right now.

I agree with the conclusion you come up with, TS: If they can't deal with him, they will bash him and strip him but i don't see that in a short term. Let's wait to see what happens.

Devaluate, negotiate, and if it fails fuck him and bash him. They did it before.

you can really sum it up with just this.

you are asking the UFC to play hard ball...and from a fan's standpoint, that would be fantastic...but all it does is hurt the UFC's bottom line, no?

Conor is the only fighter who generates over a million buys. Ronda and Brock are gone. The next tier of stars, Jones and GSP, are both unreliable (for different reasons) and on the sidelines atm.

Did UFC care that 145 and 155 were hijacked by Conor? nah...not when both fights with Nate became the highest selling PPVs in UFC history. did they worry about 155 not being defended? not when they cashed a fat cheque for the Floyd fight.

now I do agree the UFC fucked up by allowing the Floyd fight...because while the UFC made a lot of money, and interest in MMA probably rose, Conor is no longer hungry and his price has gone WAY up.

When Aldo was bashed, UFC knew Conor was worth WAY more to them. GSP was bashed when he was already out the door. Silva was bashed, but was an inconsistent draw and other stars were around.

At this point, I think the UFC should just give the appearance of moving on, by stripping Conor and making Tony-Khabib. Conor can have an immediate shot if/when he returns or can have the Nate trilogy (or even another silly boxing match) in the meantime. I just don't think devaluing or bashing Conor is the way to go, from a business standpoint.

Fuk him off n have him box Manny for one last squeeze of the cash cow

Facts:
- Conor has enough money, UFC can not top the 100 million he made from the Floyd fight
- Conor has a huge ego
- Ergo: ego is the way to go

Steps to take from a UFC perspective:
- Strip him of his title and devaluate his worth as a fighter, also hurt his ego.
- Tell the media he got gifted fights and is not the best fighter (Dana, looking at you, do your thing)
- Let Khabib and Tony fight for the true belt, they deserve it
- Be offensive, take control
- Bash Conor in any way possible like UFC did with a lot of other fighters
- Offer Conor a chance to regain his title for 20 million, if not fuck you
- Make the money fight, if negotiations fail, bash him more and call him scared and promote Khabib or Tony.

What UFC is doing now, basically protecting Conor and defending him, is counter productive. They are only boosting his market value, which they shouldn't do since they can't pay him even at this point.

Devaluate, negotiate, and if it fails fuck him and bash him. They did it before.

<mma3>

i agree with everything you pointed out bro.

Facts:
- Conor has enough money, UFC can not top the 100 million he made from the Floyd fight
- Conor has a huge ego
- Ergo: ego is the way to go

Steps to take from a UFC perspective:
- Strip him of his title and devaluate his worth as a fighter, also hurt his ego.
- Tell the media he got gifted fights and is not the best fighter (Dana, looking at you, do your thing)
- Let Khabib and Tony fight for the true belt, they deserve it
- Be offensive, take control
- Bash Conor in any way possible like UFC did with a lot of other fighters
- Offer Conor a chance to regain his title for 20 million, if not fuck you
- Make the money fight, if negotiations fail, bash him more and call him scared and promote Khabib or Tony.

What UFC is doing now, basically protecting Conor and defending him, is counter productive. They are only boosting his market value, which they shouldn't do since they can't pay him even at this point.

<mma3>
Terrible idea. Devaluing a commodity that still has major earning potential is seldom a good idea. LOL

Terrible idea. Devaluing a commodity that still has major earning potential is seldom a good idea. LOL

Please read the comments.. think a little further... a commidity has to agree and bring money.. if that does not happen this is a good business strategy.

I like your plan, except make him fight Frankie Edgar at 155 and say "Sorry Conor, no more freebie title shots against favorable matchups that you don't deserve'. He would lose his shit and retire lol.

But then what happens if Conor comes back? Hard to promote someone you've bashed. I mean, Conor draw power won't go but they're definitely gonna brainwash some fans into thinking he's a pos (which he is at this point,but well, you know what I meant). I think Conwoman's too smart to take the bait,though.

Well if he isn't fighting no more and disrespecting the company on twitter to make seem like a boss y not destroy him

Because it’s all part of his patter and ultimately you’d be shooting yourself in the foot

Back