Some of you may not know but Machida is fighting Saturday...

WHALEWOLF

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
...Co-main event under Valerie Letourneau.

Did another person from UFC get fired and go over there?

SilverHugeAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif

I did know that, and it's in Hawaii where I just moved from. My boys have been texting me pics with Royce Gracie and some of the fighters on the card.

<31>

I know the main event is for the Champ Macfarlane and her being from Hawaii, but the reality of someone like Machida being under Valerie is kinda hard to see.

I hope my girl Val become champ!

and it's the beginning of the Machida era....
In Bellator.

Machida is done fighting at top level, wonder how he's not retired yet

Is that dude taking a shit?

Frank Mir is fighting tonight

Yep looking forward to it, though I don't think he passes the test. Will be rooting for him though

Some real nice fights over the two Bellator cards

Frank Mir is fighting tonight

Mir looks in good shape, hopefully he fights smart and uses his striking to set up the clinch/takedown. If Javy can KO Sergei he can certainly KO Mir, he needs to fight smart. He needs to take full advantage of his height/reach and more well rounded skillset.

Machida and Carvalho seem to be the kind of hot-and-cold fighters who either give you a violent finish or 15-25 minutes of nothing. Hard to really get excited for this fight, no disrespect. And it’s not on TV!

...Co-main event under Valerie Letourneau.

Did another person from UFC get fired and go over there?

SilverHugeAfricanmolesnake-max-1mb.gif
Yeah I'm all in on everything MMA but I saw the main event and was like well there's a shit card. That will make it easy to dedicate my time to the UFC card. Then I clicked and saw it's pretty damn good. Lyoto vs Carvalo, Gracie v Ruth, Lawal v McGeary are all pretty good fights. Having Macfarlane vs Letourneau being the face of the card kinda makes it sound like another garbage card for them even though it's comparable to the UFC main card.

Yeah I'm all in on everything MMA but I saw the main event and was like well there's a shit card. That will make it easy to dedicate my time to the UFC card. Then I clicked and saw it's pretty damn good. Lyoto vs Carvalo, Gracie v Ruth, Lawal v McGeary are all pretty good fights. Having Macfarlane vs Letourneau being the face of the card kinda makes it sound like another garbage card for them even though it's comparable to the UFC main card.

Yeah, they have multiple fights on the card better than the main event but it's taking place in Hawaii and Letourneau is from Hawaii so it seems they are more focused on ticket sales then on how many people are watching on TV/streaming services.

Back