Some potential opponents for Mirko Cro Cop.

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Some potential opponents for Mirko Cro Cop. He stated that he's interested in fighting until December 31st of next year.
So I've come up with a list of potential opponents for him to compete against.

Tell me what you think in are there any matches that you would like to see you?

Blagoi Ivanov 16-1-0
Ricco Rodriguez 53-25-0, 1 NC
Paul Buentello 35-17-0
Valentin Moldavsky 7-1-0
Pedro Rizzo 20-11-0
Dion Staring 35-14-0
Mariusz Pudzianowski 12-5-0, 1 NC
Jeff Monson 60-26-1
Cheick Kongo 27-10-2
Frank Mir 18-11-0
Roy Nelson 23-14-0
Sergei Kharitonov 26-6-0
Jared Rosholt 15-4-0

He won't fight any fighter under the Bellator banner so take......

Nelson,Kongo,Moldavsky,Mir off that list.

Crocop will never pass a drug test stateside he's on hgh,amongst other things hence his incredible shape.Let him finish his career on his terms in Japan.

Tbh crocop vs Shane carwin would be about the best fight.....

Or crocop vs aleks

Crocop will never pass a drug test stateside he's on hgh,amongst other things hence his incredible shape.Let him finish his career on his terms in Japan.

Or crocop vs aleks

No Fedor?

There's lots of semi active fighters on that list... I hope he fights Ivanov or rematches Mir & avenges the loss. Should be a better competition in a ring, actually I think he has a good chance of murking him.

Can't see Pudzilla crossing over to Rizin, he seems to be more interested in handpicked opponents. And Rico would probably get killed., Lashley too.

Or crocop vs aleks

Funny because he's never "failed" a drug test ever

hopefully hunt gets out of his ufc contract and they could have a trilogy fight for next new years

A bunch of those fighters are under contract to Bellator and/or are in the tournament. You may as well toss all those potential opponents out.

If Filipovic wants some big fights then my picks would be in no order:

• Gabriel Gonzaga. A trilogy fight. Add elbows for a special rules bout. Is presently doing professional boxing.
  • Sergei Khartionov. PRIDE vets finally face each other.
  • Randy Couture. While old, may actually come up with a good game plan. Long shot.
  • Jerome LeBanner. In a kick boxing bout. Rematch from years ago.
  • Tyson Fury. Doesn't like the UFC. Told WWE to call him recently. Has said he would fight in MMA under "hybrid rules" in the past. Rizin is closer to WWE than the UFC is in a lot of ways. Rizin's answer to Floyd/Conor. Rizin has PPV capabilities. Long shot.
  • Kyotaro. Hasn't done kick boxing in forever, but as a former K-1 champ may be an appealing kick boxing opponent. Long shot.
  • Peter Aerts. Kick boxing. Had a kick boxing bout in 2017.

At this point I'd like to see him in fights that mean something but are still winnable for either fighter.

Gonzaga III
Fedor rematch
Mir rematch
Or finally dancing with Sergei.

With all due respect to the legend that is TK, no more TK fights.

You could probably reuse this thread next year and just edit the win-loss records. Who'd be surprised if Cro Cop keeps fighting.

At this point, I'm not really that interested in him going on a revenge run of his UFC losses. I think he could take Mir, less sure of Kongo and Nelson. Nelson can still potentially weather Mirko's offense and take him out with a good punch. I haven't seen Kongo fight at all in ages, so I've no idea of his current caliber.

Fedor 2 would be the big one. I know Fedor's stock has dropped like a stone after Maldonado, but if he got himself into PRIDE shape with judicious use of growth and test, it would be a nice way to close out the careers of both men. Cro Cop would be the favorite, I assume.

I'd also like to see a fight in KSW with Pudz. It's just that old freak show vibe I get nostalgic about.

Yeah I’m going with Sergei too, can see this being next if he wants a bigger challenge.

Tyson Fury was a great call but don’t see rizin giving him boxing money... love to see Crocop dismantle him standing though. Joshua said he would fight MMA as long as it was all stand up. Again as cool as it would be the money isn’t there.

He’s too juiced to fight in the states so no Bellator…

i would pay to see him ko'ing some of his executioners...
-schaub.....95% of fighters return some day (like herring, tk...)
-mir
-nelson
-kongo, oleinik...
-i don't need cigano, he's one of my favourites too..
-and sergei is other of my favourites, i don't like to see cc vs sergei...I would hope both to win

Jones fan calling CC out for juicing?

Mirko has never failed a drugs test. He was on HGH prescribed by. Doctor to heal an injury, he told the commission he was using it so couldn’t fight.

Maybe he is still on TRT but it’s legal in japan. He would do fine in bellator

If he fights next year it will be against Fedor or another can.

<Oku02>

USADA might be the real deal but other than that you can juice pretty much as much as you want in the States excluding few weeks before the fight or however long it takes for that stuff to leave your system.

Those piss tests AC's take before and after fights are hilariously useless compared to USADA's random out of competition blood + urine testing.

Back