Some recent Jose Aldo training clips

I can't get over the fact that he always kicks a lot in training but rarely ever does so in fights anymore.

Aldo is a legend and one of the best ever. I would prefer him retiring now than seeing try to keep up with the young lions even though he simply cannot do so anymore.

He has nothing left to prove. His time has simply passed. And that's ok. Happens to all of them.

Aldo is a legend and one of the best ever. I would prefer him retiring now than seeing try to keep up with the young lions even though he simply cannot do so anymore.

He has nothing left to prove. His time has simply passed. And that's ok. Happens to all of them.

Well Stephens is the same age as Aldo and has had 12 more fights. This should be a perfectly acceptable bout for Aldo who I really don't think has declined as much as some believe.

Last edited:
Well Stephens is the same age as Aldo and has had 12 more fights. This should be a perfectly acceptable bout for Aldo who I really don't think has declined as much as some believe.

People who say he has declined don't realize how good Holloway is or how bad of a matchup he is for Aldo.
Aldo's just as athletic and explosive as he's always been.

Nice vids TS.

From a purely psychological perspective, I wonder how the 2 comprehensive defeats to Max have affected Aldo's fighting mindset.

The loss to Conor was so quick that it was easy for Aldo to think that he was still the superor figjter and that his loss was simply down to him making a single mistake.

After being dominant for so long, does the mental damage caused by being thoroughly beaten (as he was twice by Max) affect him as much as age and wear & tear?

Or does Aldo genuinely still believe that he is the best fighter and will become champ once again?

Thoughts?

Those are interesting questions.

GSP, who was a dominant champion, went through the same thing but was able to bounce back and become a better fighter. Although GSP didn't lose his fights in the late stage of his career before the long break, maybe Aldo should take a look at how GSP managed to get over them if it does bug him.

But I think he still believes that he will become the FW champ once again. Otherwise, he wouldn't be training.

Aldo thinking he’s a boxer ruined him.. he needs to get back to being a kicker

Back