Somebody is getting some money!

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The relatives of the people that died in the Branson Duck boats will likely sue the company into oblivion.
If you haven't heard or seen, one of the duck boats that can drive on land and go into the water was in the middle of the lake when a storm hit and it sank.
Video shows moments before duck boat sinks - CNN Video - CNN.com

In the wake of the tragedy, Jim Pattison Jr. president of the parent company for Ride the Ducks Branson, said the storm “came out of nowhere.” This is simply not true. Meteorologists had been tracking the storm for hours, and their forecasts offered considerable lead time for the hazardous weather.
The Missouri duck boat tragedy was preventable, meteorologists say ...

Safety expert says he warned Branson duck boat company that engines could fail in rough water
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...t-says-he-warned-engine-could-fail/815830002/

They were also warned that passengers could be trapped inside because of the side windows and canopy. It seems that they could have secured the side curtains at the top and used velcro on the sides and bottom so they could open. The coast guard suggested passengers not wear life jackets because they could cause them to be trapped in the canopy.

So the company was negligent about keeping track of the weather and ignored inspectors reports which resulted in 17 deaths. That is going to cost them and their insurance company a whole lot of money.

what a horrible tragedy. like fuck i wouldnt be wearing some type of safety flotation device in that weather

Should grow beard's in their honor...

Talk about horrific. And how about that mom that loss her husband, 3 kids and other family members? I think it was 11 of them and only 2 of them survived (one was a child). No amount of money in the world could make up for that type of trauma they have to live with for the rest of their lives.

Yup all they had to do was make them into convertibles with the top down. They were warned for years.

Talk about horrific. And how about that mom that loss her husband, 3 kids and other family members? I think it was 11 of them and only 2 of them survived (one was a child). No amount of money in the world could make up for that type of trauma they have to live with for the rest of their lives.

I don't see any way the operator gets by with a lower amount either. A jury might even award more.

Umm, just how deep do you think their pockets go? The business is definitely ruined, but the survivors aren't likely to get gigantic payouts unless the company had a great insurance policy or something. I can't see that happening given the news about how shoddy their vehicles were.

Umm, just how deep do you think their pockets go? The business is definitely ruined, but the survivors aren't likely to get gigantic payouts unless the company had a great insurance policy or something. I can't see that happening given the news about how shoddy their vehicles were.

I don't know how far up the chain they can go. Herschend Family Entertainment is a big company with property in several states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschend_Family_Entertainment

Yea, I'd definitely off myself.

The relatives of the people that died in the Branson Duck boats will likely sue the company into oblivion.
If you haven't heard or seen, one of the duck boats that can drive on land and go into the water was in the middle of the lake when a storm hit and it sank.
Video shows moments before duck boat sinks - CNN Video - CNN.com

The Missouri duck boat tragedy was preventable, meteorologists say ...

Safety expert says he warned Branson duck boat company that engines could fail in rough water
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...t-says-he-warned-engine-could-fail/815830002/

They were also warned that passengers could be trapped inside because of the side windows and canopy. It seems that they could have secured the side curtains at the top and used velcro on the sides and bottom so they could open. The coast guard suggested passengers not wear life jackets because they could cause them to be trapped in the canopy.

So the company was negligent about keeping track of the weather and ignored inspectors reports which resulted in 17 deaths. That is going to cost them and their insurance company a whole lot of money.
What a crazy accident. Terrible for the ones who died and their families. I actually know a couple people who were on the boat, one of the families is from my town. They all survived.

Back