Somebody sell me on Trump overturning sacred Native land in Utah

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Ive been in the foxhole defending Trump to my liberal gf, my liberal family members, my liberal co workers and so on. Last year I had myriad discussions and lopsided arguments on the streets of nyc defending my vote for him. Ive been on board this whole time, granted it has not been easy at times but I'm still here because I believe in a lot of what he is trying to do and I know a lot of the criticism is manufactured and absolutely hypocritical coming from the other side especially media in general.

With this being said, how the hell can I sell this move that he took away 2 million acres of land from native Americans. Regardless of what the intent is of the future use of the land, how can this be justified? Isn't the most scared thing in this country our history, whether its good or bad, its sacred.

Native Americans and their culture are absolutely sacred and can trace their direct lineage here in North America and for that they are deserved of every ounce of positive law making any group can get. How the hell can this be spun as a good policy? How can anyone not view this as absolute bullying and republican special interest political appeasement at its worst.

I don't know enough about this deal to comment any further than this, but can anyone say anything positive about this? It just seems like a terrible idea and a terrible move from every perspective.

This is your first issue you cannot reconcile?

Shit, even though it is indefensible, the shitty talking points are pretty obvious: putting those lands into the hands of private developers will maximize their value and produce more for the good of the country than allowing those lazy engines to keep doing hoodrat shit on them.

Of course, it's disastrous for retention of resources and wildlife. And it's harmful to long-term wealth distribution, as more and more is being extracted directly into the hands of billionaires, And it's infringing on the personal property rights of Natives in violation of the Constitution, but we've been doing that just about every decade since the country was founded.

Last edited:
lmao this whole country was taken from the Natives. He is just doing the American thing and following our founding father's footsteps. Those Native Americans will be relocated anyways so it's not a huge deal. I mean, they were relocated to that area in the first place. So now we're just relocating them again.

No big deal. History repeats itself.

Tell her actually babe nobody loves the Native Americans more than trump

Tell her actually babe nobody loves the Native Americans more than trump
He's friends with many of them and they've called to tell him how excited they are about this deal. Tremendously!

Ive been in the foxhole defending Trump to my liberal gf, my liberal family members, my liberal co workers and so on. Last year I had myriad discussions and lopsided arguments on the streets of nyc defending my vote for him. Ive been on board this whole time, granted it has not been easy at times but I'm still here because I believe in a lot of what he is trying to do and I know a lot of the criticism is manufactured and absolutely hypocritical coming from the other side especially media in general.

With this being said, how the hell can I sell this move that he took away 2 million acres of land from native Americans. Regardless of what the intent is of the future use of the land, how can this be justified? Isn't the most scared thing in this country our history, whether its good or bad, its sacred.

Native Americans and their culture are absolutely sacred and can trace their direct lineage here in North America and for that they are deserved of every ounce of positive law making any group can get. How the hell can this be spun as a good policy? How can anyone not view this as absolute bullying and republican special interest political appeasement at its worst.

I don't know enough about this deal to comment any further than this, but can anyone say anything positive about this? It just seems like a terrible idea and a terrible move from every perspective.

Haven't dug into this one yet, but maybe listen to Trump's statements on the issue first (starts around 7:45):

The Fat Fuck wants to put a McDonalds there. He never wants to more than 10 minutes away from a Filet O Fish.

lmao this whole country was taken from the Natives. He is just doing the American thing and following our founding father's footsteps. Those Native Americans will be relocated anyways so it's not a huge deal. I mean, they were relocated to that area in the first place. So now we're just relocating them again.

No big deal. History repeats itself.

Wow, I've never really understood how white SJW's can hate their own race so much.

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject.

no worries, he's just building a huge elephant sanctuary

Trump has a list of things Obama liked. Everyday he tries to get rid of one of them

i remember just last week when we were all discussing what a great park this was. it was the best park. biglyest.

Trickle down, bruh. That's the only justification needed.

Not commenting on the deal. But I'd like to point out native American culture is already dead. Their way of living and sustaining themselves is dead, their customs are outdated and unusable in today's world, their technology is unusable. Their "culture" now is being plugged on a life support machine, and it's mostly about telling stories about things long past, while they buy shit at Walmart and live like any other American.

Not commenting on the deal. But I'd like to point out native American culture is already dead. Their way of living and sustaining themselves is dead, their customs are outdated and unusable in today's world, their technology is unusable. Their "culture" now is being plugged on a life support machine, and it's mostly about telling stories about things long past, while they buy shit at Walmart and live like any other American.

Living like anybody else in the year 2017 and shopping at Walmart doesn't make native culture dead lol
The romanticized notions of it certainly are, but then again an argument can be made those never really existed in the first place.

Wow you sound like a real expert, someone who was raised to look down on Native Americans as well.

It wasn't doing anything but being rocks and trees and shit, now it'll make money for the state.

This is your first issue you cannot reconcile?

Shit, even though it is defensible, the shitty talking points are pretty obvious: putting those lands into the hands of private developers will maximize their value and produce more for the good of the country than allowing those lazy engines to keep doing hoodrat shit on them.

Of course, it's disastrous for retention of resources and wildlife. And it's harmful to long-term wealth distribution, as more and more is being extracted directly into the hands of billionaires, And it's infringing on the personal property rights of Natives in violation of the Constitution, but we've been doing that just about every decade since the country was founded.
ExhaustedBossyHookersealion-max-1mb.gif

Back