Something Doesn't Add Up About Punk...

He sucks I get it. He is god awful. The person most responsible for the whole thing is Duke. That is his head coach. He has a lot of experience with training High-level guys. He fully understands what it takes. He basically stole punks money for a couple years and maybe did it for his own publicity.

Lol, what publicity?? If anything they did a poor thing regarding their publicity, look at what a poor product they delivered after all those years of training....

I also find Dana to blame here. He should have known that punk was so bad and he shouldn’t let him fight in the first place

Stop wondering why CM Punk sucks, It is what it is.

Lol, what publicity?? If anything they did a poor thing regarding their publicity, look at what a poor product they delivered after all those years of training....

I also find Dana to blame here. He should have known that punk was so bad and he shouldn’t let him fight in the first place

The Publicity that it got him and his gym by advertising that he was going to fight in the UFC. They did an entire program that lasted several weeks dedicated to his training at his camp. If it worked out it was tremendous free promotion essentially. That is what I am talking about.

I think you're not understanding what other people are saying. "Training for years" doesn't mean anything unless you know how often he trained. Training once a week for two years and every other day for two years both equal training for two years.

They are bafflingly horrendous. He must have a disability if he trained and fights like that.

Or, and this maybe makes some sense: he just didn't spar MMA rounds much if at all. So with the nerves and all, he just didn't have experience to know how to use what he learned during drills and rolls, at all.

As a video game player, I tend to think this is most likely the case. When playing a fighting game, I can spend a lot of time in "practice" mode, learning combos, and abilities of the character and the general gameplay mechanics. But, until I can have "muscle memory" to know what tool to use when, it's not gonna do me any good. I need to be playing against an actual "resisting" opponent.

Basically, someone can memorize 100 different things. Unless you're put in front of a live opponent (sparring), they won't have the understanding of what to do, when. It's all just a bunch of memorized tools to them, but they have no understanding beyond a surface level. They haven't "decoded" it.

Yeah, he probably didn't spar much.

I'll put it this way. Conor has been training boxing since he was 12. Put him against a guy like Alvarez and his boxing looks amazing, put him against Mayweather and he looked like Alvarez.

Having 2 years of fundamentals in boxing, wrestling and bjj is nothing.

It's Phillip's own fault. He's the one that decided he was going in regardless. He knew there were better ways. He signed first and it was his idea. There's no way the UFC said "you have only two years deadline and then you MUST fight." Phillip swore he had plenty of combat experience already, even before training at Duke's Gym. He lied to everyone because he is a phony and complete fraud. Pro wrestling is the only sport you can fake your credentials and training and have it still work out in the end.

He set the parameters, they had to agree and sign him or else he'd go to a competitor. Duke Roufus didn't have the power to change the contract or the stipulations, all he agreed to do is coach. After all that, Con Man Phillip DID end up delaying the first fight for several months to almost a year because someone might have talked some partial sense into him and/or he got scared. But the contract was signed and he had to fulfill it to keep from breaching it.

He should have known better for the 2nd time at least. But his goofy ass demanded another fight, he didn't change anything different about the way he went about the 1st disaster. He deserves all the shame and a fraction of what he got paid. He was a low quality con the entire time and it never was not obvious

Phil Brooks is no better than a phone scammer

Last edited:
Its almost like being MMA fighter at a certain level is harder than what fans have thought, Its not as simple as "give him 12 months of TDD training and he'll be HW champ"

Training any aspect of MMA for 2 years after the age of 35 really means nothing

Is he still a blue belt? How long does it typically take to advance beyond blue belt?

It is pretty simple. Over the 4 years, he did not train very often. Just enough for the cameras, and probably only long enough for a "fight camp".

You give me 4 years training at a top gym, I would look 4 times better than Punk and that is a fact. He had to have not been training very often.

Plus your body would look much much better - even as an 39 year old.

I get that he is very unathletic, and that he is old as well. But the level of skill he displayed was beyond abysmal. Two years won't make you into a good fighter, but it will at least develop some fundamentals about movement. Punk literally could not throw a punch, and his ground game was worse than literally every blue belt I've ever rolled with or seen. Even an unathletic person at a leisurely pace with two years of training would go far beyond what Punk evinced. The only time I recall seeing someone worse was Giant Silva, and that is a guy with serious growth and coordination issues.

This makes me question just how much the guy actually trained.
It was all hype. He just didn't train that hard. You can tell he didn't even know how to stop Jackson from sitting up and punching him in the guard.

I suspect he doesn't take vitamins, supplements, or drink pre or post workout shakes.

Straight edge folks believe their bodies stay pure by not taking anything, when in fact it's the exact opposite.
The body doesn't absorb enough vitamins and nutrients from just food alone.
Plus, there are too many toxins in different environments and the body constantly needs to cleanse itself.

He looked out of shape and worn out before he even stepped in the cage.

Last edited:
At his level, it's all about who you fight. A guy like that can look OK at a low level and clueless against better competition.

Ronda looked slick vs Davis and like an absolute can vs Holm & Amanda. She was also training striking for a few years.

Mike Jackson is not UFC caliber but he was in contact sports a lot longer than Phil and has more talent. He even won a Golden Glove knocking out a bunch of guys. He would be a beast in your mediocre amateurs gym.

Phil is also talentless, old, plagued with injuries etc. Maybe he trained, maybe he didn't, he still made a million out of this.

Last edited:
He doesn't add up COS he SINs. He does divide, but cannot multiply. It is true, all the fighters aren't equals.

As a video game player, I tend to think this is most likely the case. When playing a fighting game, I can spend a lot of time in "practice" mode, learning combos, and abilities of the character and the general gameplay mechanics. But, until I can have "muscle memory" to know what tool to use when, it's not gonna do me any good. I need to be playing against an actual "resisting" opponent.

Basically, someone can memorize 100 different things. Unless you're put in front of a live opponent (sparring), they won't have the understanding of what to do, when. It's all just a bunch of memorized tools to them, but they have no understanding beyond a surface level. They haven't "decoded" it.

Yeah, he probably didn't spar much.

Yeah, I'm a Tekken player myself, so I totally agree.

You guys should post your first mma fights and compare. Pretty sure he adrenaline dumped.

I also think Rufus Sport knew he was rich and gave him the Lesnar treatment. Most people need to get the shit beat out of them to be prepared, it’s clear that Rufus sport just used this guy and sent him out there completely unprepared

I think you're not understanding what other people are saying. "Training for years" doesn't mean anything unless you know how often he trained. Training once a week for two years and every other day for two years both equal training for two years.

I ended up questioning just how much he had actually trained.

Back