Something really unique about Sonnen-Fedor

Sonnen doesn't get knocked out because he gives up when he's overmatched. Bob sapp-esque

Chael's been TKOed five times so that stat isn't that interesting. What is interesting is that Chael is 18-1-1 when a fight goes the distance. And Fedor is 9-0 when his fights reach the scorecards.

Fedor hasn't won with a submission maneuver since 2008, although Singh Jaideep did tap to strikes. And we know a majority of Chael's losses are by sub.

It's his heart that fails him. You never know which Bad Guy you're going to get.

Always been a fan though

Why is Sonnen never being KOd interesting when he's been TKOd plenty of times? The only reason he wasn't KOd was because there was a ref there to stop his opponent from finishing the job
It’s interesting because none of those TKO’s came from him being knocked down. He’s only ever been knocked down once in his entire career, and that was vs Wanderlei, and he recovered shortly after.

Jones got the TKO via ground and pound after wrestling, Rashad got it via ground and pound after wrestling, and Anderson got it after Chael missed a spinning backfist and fell down.

The point is that Chael has never been finished from a standing strike, it’s only when his opponent gets him down and then gets on top of him that he gets beat.

Two line of thoughts when it comes to this fight, either
a) Sonnen will wrestlefuck Fedor to a decision
b) Fedor will knock him out

Something really interesting and unique is that

a)Fedor has never lost a decision in his career, in 43 fights.
b)Sonnen has been never knocked out, tkoed yes, but not ko, in 47 fights.

Fedor could indeed knock him out, but in his 37 wins, only 5 are by KO. Not sure why you think Fedor would win necessarily by KO and not by TKO.

Sonnen could also wrestle Fedor to a decision. Fedor hasn't fought a decent wrestler in ages. Last ones were the Snowman and Hendo 7 years ago, both long past their prime, and Fedor lost one of these by (T)KO and won a decision in the other

Fedor gets space after a Judo trip and TKO's him. Chael's been TKO'd plenty. He's not been KO'd cuz he invites a ref stoppage before that happens. Values his brain cells.

No one legitimately believes Sonnen can wrestlefuck Fedor, it is a ridiculous thing to say

No one legitimately believes Sonnen can wrestlefuck Fedor, it is a ridiculous thing to say

I dont think it's that ridiculous to think that an Olympic alternate level wrestler with brown belt in BJJ can wet blanket a 42 year old Fedor. Its not certain but it wouldn't shock me.

I dont think it's that ridiculous to think that an Olympic alternate level wrestler with brown belt in BJJ can wet blanket a 42 year old Fedor. Its not certain but it wouldn't shock me.

he is a good wrestler of course but at a weight about 40lb lighter than Fedor has been since he was about 18. He has not erestlefucked anyone competent for several years there's nothing to suggest he will start now against a guy much stronger than he is who has a stronger submission wrestling background than he does and much better striking

Fedor gets space after a Judo trip and TKO's him. Chael's been TKO'd plenty. He's not been KO'd cuz he invites a ref stoppage before that happens. Values his brain cell.
*fixed

he is a good wrestler of course but at a weight about 40lb lighter than Fedor has been since he was about 18. He has not erestlefucked anyone competent for several years there's nothing to suggest he will start now against a guy much stronger than he is who has a stronger submission wrestling background than he does and much better striking

Sonnen weighed 222lbs in his last fight and showed he can still wrestle a bigger man. Fedor at 240lbs isnt going to have that much of a size advantage over Sonnen. Most of Fedors weight is in his belly and if you take that away he isnt much bigger than Sonnen, if at all.

If Fedor isnt prepared to wrestle and scramble at a high pace in the first round I'm afraid he may get laid on..

Hope I'm wrong and hope he wins.

Doesn't matter. Fedor is SO done it's not even funny. YOU could potentially beat Fedor. That's how done he is. I predict he'll be ice skating while throwing haymakers within 1 minute after one of Sonnen's pillows so much as touch him on any part of his body.
He's not he is still winning
He's not done

Fedor vs Sonnen.....

Never thought this would happen.

It was bound to happen. Fedor’s destiny is to wage war on Team Quest middleweights. He beat Lindland, lost to Hendo, and Sonnen is the tie-breaker.

It was bound to happen. Fedor’s destiny is to wage war on Team Quest middleweights. He beat Lindland, lost to Hendo, and Sonnen is the tie-breaker.

Damn, didn't think about that.

That means all the pressure is on Sonnen...... sucks for Team Quest.

Damn, didn't think about that.

That means all the pressure is on Sonnen...... sucks for Team Quest.

Scary part is, it’s not too far-fetched to imagine a scenario 2-3 years from now, where Fedor is fighting Leben (speaking of Team Quest middleweights)

He's not he is still winning
He's not done

Yeah but winning while skating on ice borderline concussed the entire time... His chin really is gone. But his chin now seems to match his punching power...

As in, in his prime he had crazy power but basically only ever stunned people to the TKO, and now he has zero chin whatsoever worse than Arlovski but only gets stunned not flat put out cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back