Something really unique about Sonnen-Fedor

Yeah but winning while skating on ice borderline concussed the entire time... His chin really is gone. But his chin now seems to match his punching power...

As in, in his prime he had crazy power but basically only ever stunned people to the TKO, and now he has zero chin whatsoever worse than Arlovski but only gets stunned not flat put out cold.
Fedor chin is best of his era. Any weight class

Yeah but winning while skating on ice borderline concussed the entire time... His chin really is gone. But his chin now seems to match his punching power...

As in, in his prime he had crazy power but basically only ever stunned people to the TKO, and now he has zero chin whatsoever worse than Arlovski but only gets stunned not flat put out cold.
No chin is a wrong statement

Fedor could indeed knock him out, but in his 37 wins, only 5 are by KO. Not sure why you think Fedor would win necessarily by KO and not by TKO.

Sonnen could also wrestle Fedor to a decision. Fedor hasn't fought a decent wrestler in ages. Last ones were the Snowman and Hendo 7 years ago, both long past their prime, and Fedor lost one of these by (T)KO and won a decision in the other
But he's fighting a mw
Sonnen is a mw. He gets rag dolled at higher classes

Fedor chin is best of his era. Any weight class

Was perhaps. But actually in his prime he got hit less than prime Machida IIRC, so it's hard to tell. He took 3 death tier shots in his real career (prior to the decline) as I recall, suplex, Cro Cop kick, and Fujita punch.

His chin is certainly nowhere near the best of his era now, it may be the worst. Just that he gets rocked not put out cold like Arlovski etc.

As much as I want Fedor to pull off the win, I think Sonnen is going to get it. Hope I'm wrong, though!

Who is predicting Sonnen can wrestlefuck Fedor? He couldn't out wrestle Jones at LHW, and now he's going to be able to out wrestle a HW who as you pointed out has never been wrestled to a decision before.
Bad example. DC couldn't outwrestle Jones, either, but he outwrestled some very solid heavyweights, including guys much bigger than Fedor. But yeah, Sonnen is no DC.

Was perhaps. But actually in his prime he got hit less than prime Machida IIRC, so it's hard to tell. He took 3 death tier shots in his real career (prior to the decline) as I recall, suplex, Cro Cop kick, and Fujita punch.

His chin is certainly nowhere near the best of his era now, it may be the worst. Just that he gets rocked not put out cold like Arlovski etc.
Obviously has one of best chin it takes a lot to put fedor down
Fabio was first to drop him from feet his recovery is better

I have money on Sonnen. Just a 'fresher' fighter, closer to whats needed in the modern game at this point.

I also think there's a good chance he jabs and wobbles Fedor then follows up with a takedown and ground and pound finish or good old fashion wrestlefucking

Fedor's just fighting on fumes and love for combat.

I can see him going for broke early and wild and unless that works, the odds get better and better for Sonnen

Back