Somrak Khamsing

Them Bones

White Belt
Reaction score
I asked a while back on another forum, about info on him and his MT career (pre boxing). Unfortunately it didn't get many replies, just 2 actually. The most disappointing thing though, was being told that as he wasn't a Onesongchai fighter it may be unlikely that much fight footage of him even still exists. So i thought that the fight footage of him that's already up on youtube might be all there was.

But since then i've come across a fair bit of stuff that i hadn't seen before of him. Including some fight footage of a young looking Somrak (idk, he's probably around his mid or possibly even early teens), as well as footage of one of his other fights with Boonlai.
I don't know how much interest there is, but i thought i'd share in case there is some interest.

This was uploaded earlier this year. There's some fight footage in this vid that i hadn't seen before, although mostly stuff that i had.
0:35 for young Somrak
3:16 VS Kukrit S.Nayayarm (Red) Jan 22, 1991
9:42 VS Boonlay S.Thanigul (Blue) Jun 11,1991
13:06 VS Panomrung Sit S.W.P. (Blue) Aug 27, 1991
20:40 VS Chamuakpet Chorchamuang (Red) Jan 27,1992
In the last clip, it also shows that he got counted out against Buakaw por. Pisitchaet. I knew he got dropped in that fight, i didn't know he got stopped.

Here's one of his other fights against Boonlai. It was uploaded a couple of months ago.

I'm relatively new as a Muay Thai fan, so my knowledge is very much limited and it sure isn't the easiest sport to get any historical info on. So any info on Somrak would be much appreciated.

Like... When did he start his switch to boxing?

I know he did have some Muay Thai fights after his switch to boxing, as i've seen one of his fights from 1995 and one from 2000. But did he still have an active Muay Thai career between 1992-2004.. or just a fight here and there.

And how do people rank him all time? I know he has a very good resume, but he probably can't compare to some ATG's when it comes to accomplishments or of course longevity as he switched to am boxing while still in his teens. But in terms of skill, where do you think he ranks?

Like i said.. any info (or opinions) would be appreciated... and rare fight footage even more so.

I asked a while back on another forum, about info on him and his MT career (pre boxing). Unfortunately it didn't get many replies, just 2 actually. The most disappointing thing though, was being told that as he wasn't a Onesongchai fighter it may be unlikely that much fight footage of him even still exists. So i thought that the fight footage of him that's already up on youtube might be all there was.

But since then i've come across a fair bit of stuff that i hadn't seen before of him. Including some fight footage of a young looking Somrak (idk, he's probably around his mid or possibly even early teens), as well as footage of one of his other fights with Boonlai.
I don't know how much interest there is, but i thought i'd share in case there is some interest.

This was uploaded earlier this year. There's some fight footage in this vid that i hadn't seen before, although mostly stuff that i had.
0:35 for young Somrak
3:16 VS Kukrit S.Nayayarm (Red) Jan 22, 1991
9:42 VS Boonlay S.Thanigul (Blue) Jun 11,1991
13:06 VS Panomrung Sit S.W.P. (Blue) Aug 27, 1991
20:40 VS Chamuakpet Chorchamuang (Red) Jan 27,1992
In the last clip, it also shows that he got counted out against Buakaw por. Pisitchaet. I knew he got dropped in that fight, i didn't know he got stopped.

Here's one of his other fights against Boonlai. It was uploaded a couple of months ago.

I'm relatively new as a Muay Thai fan, so my knowledge is very much limited and it sure isn't the easiest sport to get any historical info on. So any info on Somrak would be much appreciated.

Like... When did he start his switch to boxing?

I know he did have some Muay Thai fights after his switch to boxing, as i've seen one of his fights from 1995 and one from 2000. But did he still have an active Muay Thai career between 1992-2004.. or just a fight here and there.

And how do people rank him all time? I know he has a very good resume, but he probably can't compare to some ATG's when it comes to accomplishments or of course longevity as he switched to am boxing while still in his teens. But in terms of skill, where do you think he ranks?

Like i said.. any info (or opinions) would be appreciated... and rare fight footage even more so.

He was boxing while he did muay thai. He fought an amateur boxing bout the same day he fought Chamuekpet. To the best of my knowledge he stopped fighting muay thai competitively after Atlanta (but I guess he could have switched full time prior or just after the Barcelona games) and just fought Farangs in one offs. I think, some of the fights you can find on youtube would have been after he competed in the Barcelona Olympics.

I've heard people say that when he was active, he was the best guy doing it. Beat Boonlai, Chamuekpet and Namkabuan, who are all generational or all time greats. And if you're just going by the eye test, he looks as good as anyone I've ever seen.

Last edited:
you can they to message anorak he could answer most of your questions

We've got @jtwarwagon4life AKA @anorak jr in training.

I know Somrak also played a roll in Saenchai's development to what extent I'm not sure.
I thought they had a business relationship which turned very acrimonious. I'm not sure if Somrak just had his contract or what. But apparently they don't really like one another anymore.

Back