Songs with incredible drumming

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Huge Bill Bruford fan, he is basically a god on the drums so I will start with

Jon Theodore, Billy Cobham, and Brann Dailor are absolute monsters behind the kit.

Pre 80s Phil Collins was no slouch either.

His work in Brand X is amazing

Senri Kawaguchi drumming with Guthrie Govan and having a "snare duel" with his regular drummer.

Jack DeJohnette. Gets really into when Benson starts to solo at ~11 mins.

You guys seem to like the heavy shit, but Carter Beauford is awesome. Give it a shot:

Huge Bill Bruford fan, he is basically a god on the drums so I will start with

If you're a big Bruford fan, check out the work he did in the 70s with King Crimson. John Wetton on bass, Fripp on guitar. Amazing shit, I almost regret recommending it to people because I've had multiple friends go in crazy music binges where they only listen to KC for years on end after getting into it.

albums Larks Tounges in Aspic, Red, Starless and Bible Black.

unknown gems of classic/ prog rock

If you're a big Bruford fan, check out the work he did in the 70s with King Crimson. John Wetton on bass, Fripp on guitar. Amazing shit, I almost regret recommending it to people because I've had multiple friends go in crazy music binges where they only listen to KC for years on end after getting into it.

albums Larks Tounges in Aspic, Red, Starless and Bible Black.

unknown gems of classic/ prog rock
of course I know those already along with his Earthworks and Bruford stuff. Not a huge King Crimson fan though. I much prefer Yes music wise

Back