Songs with incredible drumming

I love the bouncy feeling of Ginger Baker's paraddidles on this.

Anything by Tool.
Danny Carey is incredible and I have a theory why that is.
The drummer from Def Leppard lost an arm in an accident and I'm pretty sure Danny Carey found that arm and attached it to himself.
That's why he can do things no other drummer on this planet can do. :D:D

Anything by steely dan. Anything Joey Baron plays on. However the most incredible but severely overlooked drum performance is John Stainer's tracks on Helmet's Meantime. Just unreal and understated. Rarely do drummers in bands like Helmet reach that level of musicianship. Using a typical 5 piece no less.

Surprised to find no Tony Williams or Simon Philips.

Last edited:
Trilok Gurtu. Thing to know about Trilok, he basically only uses two limbs, he's hands. This song ('Mothers Tongue', by John McLaughlin) is spread over two videos (no idea why). The second video is mainly his solo...watch both, trust me. There has never been a drummer/percussionist like Mr. Gurtu. Dave Weckl has stated the most dumbfounded he's ever been was watching Trilok preform live. His show of independence in the drum set part of his solo makes Dennis Chambers look like a rookie. He's like a one man movie sound track. A true master.

Last edited:
God his technique is so solid. “vacuity” is such a great example.

Lol look up polyrhythm.

Dude I started this thread by posting a song by Yes. I'm pretty sure I know what polyrhythms are. This Gojira drummer is just going as fast as he can as most metal drummers do. I don't find that impressive or musical. He probably is an alright drummer but there are far better drummers out there and only a few could play and come up with something like the song I started this thread with

Ozzy performing Sweat Leaf with Randy Castillo on drums.

Cobham is my guy as well. This is my favorite drumming ever.

Can't get enough of dis outro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back