Media Sonnen Describes Fedor, Jones & Silva's Best Attributes

You are a fatso who hasn’t ever trained a day in your life.
Anyone who uses the term “hail mary submission” has no idea what they’re talking about. A triangle armbar takes several steps and the opponent can counter during these steps.

Go to your local BJJ gym and roll with a fat weekend warrior blue belt.
You will get ZERO hail mary subs and you will quit 10 minutes and 7 taps into the roll.

You’ll be wondering how the guys on tv so easily reclaim guard when their opponent has side control...
I’ve trained BJJ. I’m not saying you get a submission just by luck. The fact that he managed to do so before running out of time involved luck though. I’m 100 percent sure he didn’t gameplan to lose for 4.5 rounds and then submit him.

Silva the smartest? What was so smart about getting beaten for 4,5 rounds?
Exactly. Common sense would dictate that the person who beat him the fastest and took less damage was the smartest. In this case that was Fedor.

That’s technique?

Also a fighter who got knocked out while clowning isn’t exactly the smartest IMO. GSP fights smart.
Didn't know GSP fought Sonnen...

Also the clowning is usually done to make fighters overcommit to what they're doing. Anderson's reflexes weren't nearly as good at that point and the sheer tenacity from Weidman to never give up allowed him to rock Silva and finally KO him.

And the wrist control which he never gave up and going for the submission at a specific point in time shows high fight IQ.

dude just Shut the fuck up already.. your posts are just annoying and baseless.. bashing on Anderson for zero reason..

starting to fuck me off and how are you not at least yellow carded yet!!

Your posts are annoying and baseless. You are up there with Toner aka Dozer aka Lethal Hands in terms of nuthugging which says something.

When Chael is out of character he is one of the best self analysts of fights he's been in. Most guys are biased, particularly in fights they lose (which is fair enough) but he seems to be pretty good at judging them on merits.

Didn't know GSP fought Sonnen...

Also the clowning is usually done to make fighters overcommit to what they're doing. Anderson's reflexes weren't nearly as good at that point and the sheer tenacity from Weidman to never give up allowed him to rock Silva and finally KO him.

And the wrist control which he never gave up and going for the submission at a specific point in time shows high fight IQ.
I was giving an example of a smart fighter, never said he fought him.

You just said he didn’t have the reflexes anymore. So it’s an athleticism thing, reaction speed is purely physical, has nothing to do with smarts.

It’s like saying Lebron James is smart for dunking on people.

All sonnen has to do is fight gsp and he literally fought all the goats holy fuck lol.

@Perrichet is the worst troll on Sherdog. He's a fighter basher, a racists and he used ti be a flaming queen. He stopped flaming so much because it did get him double yellows. Ironically, when he was sporting the doubles, he was trolling like there was no tomorrow, which confirmed the bias and how he gets a pass by the mods to troll and turn this environment the most toxic possible.

Man that dude is a skidmark on the the underpants of Sherdog! fucking sick of him man.

Your posts are annoying and baseless. You are up there with Toner aka Dozer aka Lethal Hands in terms of nuthugging which says something.

At least we are respecting and appreciating fighters unlike yourself who just constantly trashes them...

I was giving an example of a smart fighter, never said he fought him.

You just said he didn’t have the reflexes anymore. So it’s an athleticism thing, reaction speed is purely physical, has nothing to do with smarts.

It’s like saying Lebron James is smart for dunking on people.
This thread is about fighters Sonnen has fought, and Sonnen named Anderson as the smartest.

You brought up the clowning, which I mentioned Anderson's reflexes failed him. Like you said, it was mainly physical.

Honestly, keep up.

At least we are respecting and appreciating fighters unlike yourself who just constantly trashes them...

Respecting and appreciating? Trashing other fighters to make your idol look better is the opppsite of that

This thread is about fighters Sonnen has fought, and Sonnen named Anderson as the smartest.

You brought up the clowning, which I mentioned Anderson's reflexes failed him. Like you said, it was mainly physical.

Honestly, keep up.

Honestly, keep up.
Jon Jones has higher fight IQ than Anderson. He tooled Chael easily too.

Since when is clowning considered smart? It relies heavily on reflexes. So it’s not a smart move. It’s high risk, which is pretty much the opposite of smart.

Best sonnen video agree with everything he say except he did not fight prime Fedor which is a scary thot

Jon Jones has higher fight IQ than Anderson. He tooled Chael easily too.

Since when is clowning considered smart? It relies heavily on reflexes. So it’s not a smart move. It’s high risk, which is pretty much the opposite of smart.
Again, Sonnen named Anderson the smartest probably because he took advantage of a mistake in their first fight. Which was allowing wrist control throughout the 5th until the submission was applied. He was outsmarted and outwilled in the end, and this hurts him the most I bet.

The Jones fight was just pure dominance, which is why he was the most dynamic. Sonnen had no answer for Jones.

By the way, you're the one that keeps bringing up the clowning. I just told you that when it works it opens up their opponents for a counter or a favorable position.

Many all time treats in boxing clown an opponent. Roy Jones and Muhammad Ali are prime examples of this. And they both have been at the wrong end of it as well. Bernard Hopkins and Floyd Mayweather would do it too, except they would find other ways to win as they got older. Such as, taking advantage of the rules for their own benefit.

I’ve trained BJJ. I’m not saying you get a submission just by luck. The fact that he managed to do so before running out of time involved luck though. I’m 100 percent sure he didn’t gameplan to lose for 4.5 rounds and then submit him.
Im positive every fighter trains for five rounds in a five round fight

Preparation met opportunity

I also heard that Fedors strength is something really special, people tend do forget about that part when they talk about him, usually people are more like "ohh how could this small guy dominate all of these big guys?".

Well, Mark Coleman even said, who was a really strong guy and a former world class wrestler, he said that Fedor was perhaps the strongest guy he competed against, in any field. And this is a guy who used to train with Mark Kerr and Kevin Randleman.

Back