Sony Announce Playstation Classic with 20 preinstalled games

Huh? This is a collector’s item that will likely be on a limited run. It has nothing to do with backwards compatibility.
A collector will want the original, not a moneygrab with 20 games.

I’m glad I’m not the only one that looks at this with a meh. That system doesn’t hold up as well and the graphics for the most part all look like ass now days. I’d much rather have a Dreamcast mini. That system has games people would love to revisit.

Yeah, PS 1 games are easy to get a hold of and play on a PS2 or PS3 with Dual Shock, Saturn, Sega CD, Dreamcast minis I'd be way more hyped for

A collector will want the original, not a moneygrab with 20 games.
Yeah, this is going completely over your head.

It’s a novelty collector’s item. This isn’t meant to replace or have anything to do with backwards compatibility.

I preordered it. I was cleaning out my basement a couple years ago and found my old ps1 games. I decided to try replaying tomb raider 2 on my ps3 and ended up playing it all week and loved it. Beat every level. The graphics are fine.

It's only 100 bucks. It'll look nice next to my nes and snes classic. Hopefully the n64 classic comes out soon.

Bought a snes classic, after the PS4 anniversary mark up I'm going to pre order one of these then Give it to someone at face value just out of spite!

They should put the Japan only Dragon Ball Z fighting games on there for the USA market.

I remember 10 years ago you could download ps1 games form the ps store and play them on the psp

What's the first PS game you guys ever played?

I remember going to my friends house to spend the night and we were all ready to play Mario Kart all night. Well his older brother was in town and brought his PS. My friend popped in RE and my jaw hit the floor. Holy shit was that game scary at the time. We then played some Warhawk and Battle Arena Toshinden. I was pretty amazed and we didn't really play much Mario Kart that weekend to say the least.

I remember going to my friends house to spend the night and we were all ready to play Mario Kart all night. Well his older brother was in town and brought his PS. My friend popped in RE and my jaw hit the floor. Holy shit was that game scary at the time. We then played some Warhawk and Battle Arena Toshinden. I was pretty amazed and we didn't really play much Mario Kart that weekend to say the least.
Late summer/early fall 95 at Media Play. The new systems had just come out and they had a PSX kiosk with Toshinden next to a Saturn one with Virtua Fighter. The difference blew me away and I was a Sega fanboy at the time.

Pre-ordered for now.
If they include Parasite Eve and Silent Hill I'll most likely keep the pre-order.

Probably Ridge Racer 1 from magazine demo disc. First PS1 game bought might be Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha.

Zero desire for this. Too easy to emulate and have 50x the games for free.

I get the appeal for some though, but lack of dual shock style sticks leaves too much to be desired imo. Jumping flash is great and all, but should not take a spot since it is so limited in titles

Probably Ridge Racer 1 from magazine demo disc. First PS1 game bought might be Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha.
Are you sure it wasn't one of the demos that came packed in with the system? Those were awesome.

As a collectors item, fine, but if I really want to play the games, it's not like finding them is difficult.

As great as the PS1 was, I don't think it gives off that nostalgia vibe as well as Nintendo's old consoles. At least not for me, because the games have always been available to play throughout the generations on all consoles. Whether it was through backwards compatibility, or downloads, they were always there. It's not like the NES or SNES, whereas before the virtual console, you would need those systems to play those games. You could emulate them of course, but that was kind of niche.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem all that special.

The Play Station for me doesn't hold up as well as the 8 and 16 bit era do. Primitive 3D graphics don't really do it for me. The Mario and Zelda games on the 64 are fun to revisit though.

They should put the Japan only Dragon Ball Z fighting games on there for the USA market.
I have them all, I bought them when i was living in Malaysia with my dad and when we moved back to the us I had to mod my ps1 I had here to play them.

I need to get it out of the attic and play them again sometime.

Yeah, PS 1 games are easy to get a hold of and play on a PS2 or PS3 with Dual Shock, Saturn, Sega CD, Dreamcast minis I'd be way more hyped for
What Sega cd game would you replay?

Sewer Shark Is the only one I had back then I actually enjoyed, but I don’t have a lot.

I still have my Sega cd, what is worth getting for it ?

every playstation game works on playstation 2, and my playstation 2 still works.

hell, my playstation 1 still works, its just deeper in storage somewhere. these were pretty far advanced from original nintendo and sega genesis consoles. just dont scratch the hell out of your disc and you're good to go.

I just got the NES / SNES classics, but I think I'm going to pass on any more of these if the game offering is so minimal. They gotta find a way to publish the whole library, maybe by approaching the devs / publishers and using the release as a marketing tool to advertise their upcoming games.

Twenty games is a joke. They at least need:
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Resident Evils 1-3
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Drivers 1 & 2
  • Silent Hill
  • PaRappa the Rapper
  • Twisted Metals 1-4
  • WWFs In Your House / Attitude / SmackDown 2
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night