Sony Announce Playstation Classic with 20 preinstalled games

If they only put 20 games on a PS2 Classic, everyone's gonna be pissed.

There's got to be at least 30 games.

every playstation game works on playstation 2, and my playstation 2 still works.
Ya, but with just S-Video connectivity. This mini can plug right into your HDTV via HDMI, which for your average consumer is the better proposition. 20 games tho...

The best way to play these games is either original system on a CRT tv if you want to be oldschool, or emulated on PC which is my preferred method because you can enhance the visuals immensely.

BTW, Tekken 3 still looks and plays great.

Ya, but with just S-Video connectivity. This mini can plug right into your HDTV via HDMI, which for your average consumer is the better proposition. 20 games tho...

The best way to play these games is either original system on a CRT tv if you want to be oldschool, or emulated on PC which is my preferred method because you can enhance the visuals immensely.

BTW, Tekken 3 still looks and plays great.
Nah, the best way is to get a PVM and RGB/SCART cables.

Are you sure it wasn't one of the demos that came packed in with the system? Those were awesome.

It was a long time ago. All I remember is I specifically bought those magazines to get the demo discs.

Yeah played the shit out of the MSG demo back in the day.

i'll see what games they include then check my psxe iso folder on my shield to see if i wanna add anything to it.

What Sega cd game would you replay?

Sewer Shark Is the only one I had back then I actually enjoyed, but I don’t have a lot.

I still have my Sega cd, what is worth getting for it ?

Lunar: The Silver Star
Lunar: Eternal Blue
Popful Mail
Silpheed
Sonic CD
Rise of the Dragon
and of course Snatcher

it’s about time. hopefully is hack friendly. just waiting for the console wars to start up again when the n64 classic drops.

Yeah played the shit out of the MSG demo back in the day.
The one with the Japanese audio track? That one also had a playable Soul Reaver demo like a year before it actually came out.

If they only put 20 games on a PS2 Classic, everyone's gonna be pissed.

There's got to be at least 30 games.
Both PS2 retro and PS1 should be able to get psn games. But Sony won't,well probably won't fro. What I read already said no post launch games for ps1

Both PS2 retro and PS1 should be able to get psn games. But Sony won't,well probably won't fro. What I read already said no post launch games for ps1

I highly doubt there'll be a modem, wifi, or any kind of internet connectivity.

Sony's going to be making a shitton of money off of this, and they'll be shelling out some of it to publishers, but otherwise they'll want to pocket most of it rather than including expensive hardware in every unit that only a few will purchase additional PSN games.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...ystation-classic-with-20-pre-installed-games/

Releases 3rd December, includes FF7, Ridge Racer Type 4, Tekken 3 and Wild Arms.

Price 99 Euros/$100 nut sure on a UK price

I'll wait for the Raspberry Pi 4. My Pi3 is already maxed out with nearly every cartridge game put out from the Magnavox Odyssey up to Sega CD, plus a ton of arcade games. The Pi4 hopefully should be able to at least do N64, Playstation 1, and the Atari Jaguar, among others.

I'll wait for the Raspberry Pi 4. My Pi3 is already maxed out with nearly every cartridge game put out from the Magnavox Odyssey up to Sega CD, plus a ton of arcade games. The Pi4 hopefully should be able to at least do N64, Playstation 1, and the Atari Jaguar, among others.
The pi3 is easily way more powerful than ps1, jaguar, n64. I thought the issue was based on the emulators. I downloaded dolphin on my powerhouse PC and some games just play like shit. The pi4 will have the same issues.

The pi3 is easily way more powerful than ps1, jaguar, n64. I thought the issue was based on the emulators. I downloaded dolphin on my powerhouse PC and some games just play like shit. The pi4 will have the same issues.

No, it’s a power issue. Literally. You can overclock your Pi and adjust the FPS and get some games working, but not nearly as many as you can on the ODroid, which has better specs.

Of course, emulation issues are certainly to blame when it comes to special cases like Harvest Moon, but for most (like GoldenEye), the hardware just isn’t up to the task.

I hope (and expect) the Pi4 to at least equal (and hopefully excel) the ODroid, when and if it comes out. Then I think we’ll see much better N64 performance.

Lunar: The Silver Star
Lunar: Eternal Blue
Popful Mail
Silpheed

Sonic CD
Rise of the Dragon
and of course Snatcher

Rise of the Dragon was my favorite Sega CD game. Played it over and over. The voice acting was good for its time. Some of the lines I can still hear crystal clear. "Blade, where the hell were you last night? I thought we had a date!"

Ecco the Dolphin was another good one. Some really great music and lines from that game too.

Ecco, if we breathe air, why do we live beneath the waves?
The marks on your head look like stars in the sky.

It's gonna pretty much need to be a JRPG box for me to even consider buying it.

Wishful thinking, but they need to do this for the Sega Saturn. Their 2D games still look great and it would be a nostalgia trip for all 4 people that bought the original.

I downloaded dolphin on my powerhouse PC and some games just play like shit. The pi4 will have the same issues.
You probably just don't have things set up right. Dolphin is bulletproof. But ya I don't see these Raspberry Pi's being able to handle these systems at high detail like a quality PC.

Wishful thinking, but they need to do this for the Sega Saturn. Their 2D games still look great and it would be a nostalgia trip for all 4 people that bought the original.

Has SEGA even got in on this action yet? Their consoles are prime for these nostalgia boxes.

Mini Saturn with "Panzer Dragoon Saga" and I'm there day 1.

Back