Television SILK: SPIDER SOCIETY (The Walking Dead Showrunner to Oversee Series, post #69)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Sony Pictures Developing SILK for Their Spider-Man Universe

Tvssepj.jpg

Sony is developing Silk, from Sony’s universe of Marvel-licensed characters about Korean-American heroine Cindy Moon, an individual with knowledge of the project tells TheWrap. Amy Pascal is producing.

Silk first appeared in April 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 3 #1 and was created by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

According to Marvel Wiki, when high school student Cindy Moon was attending a public exhibition demonstrating the safe handling of nuclear laboratory waste materials, sponsored by the General Techtronics Corporation, a spider irradiated by a particle accelerator used in the demonstration bit Peter Parker on the hand and fell from his hand. The spider then bit Cindy in her ankle before dying. Cindy’s story was revealed to Peter Parker 13 years later, when he was the hero known as Spider-Man.

Silk would be a part of Sony’s universe of Marvel-licensed characters along with other Marvel Comics properties such as Venom, Silver and Black, Nightwatch, and Morbius the Living Vampire.

Spike Lee is eyeing Nightwatch as a possible directing vehicle, TheWrap has confirmed.

In terms of other Spider-Man projects at the studio, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse opens on Dec. 14 and Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to star as the Marvel villain Mysterio in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

‘Silk': Sony Developing Project About Marvel Comic Korean-American Heroine - Silk (Exclusive)

Sony for fucks sake pull a Fox and sell your shit to Disney

I dont see how this is difficult...i just...dont.

I can't think of much more I want to fail miserably than Sony's push for the Spidey-verse. It's just such a bad idea.

You'd think someone would point to WB/DC and say this is a bad idea. Well hopefully either Venom is good or it flops hard.
If it's good I would be optimistic for others. And well a flop may/should put the brakes on other films.

Sony Pictures Developing SILK for Their Spider-Man Universe

Tvssepj.jpg

Sony is developing Silk, from Sony’s universe of Marvel-licensed characters about Korean-American heroine Cindy Moon, an individual with knowledge of the project tells TheWrap. Amy Pascal is producing.

Silk first appeared in April 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 3 #1 and was created by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

According to Marvel Wiki, when high school student Cindy Moon was attending a public exhibition demonstrating the safe handling of nuclear laboratory waste materials, sponsored by the General Techtronics Corporation, a spider irradiated by a particle accelerator used in the demonstration bit Peter Parker on the hand and fell from his hand. The spider then bit Cindy in her ankle before dying. Cindy’s story was revealed to Peter Parker 13 years later, when he was the hero known as Spider-Man.

Silk would be a part of Sony’s universe of Marvel-licensed characters along with other Marvel Comics properties such as Venom, Silver and Black, Nightwatch, and Morbius the Living Vampire.

Spike Lee is eyeing Nightwatch as a possible directing vehicle, TheWrap has confirmed.

In terms of other Spider-Man projects at the studio, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse opens on Dec. 14 and Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to star as the Marvel villain Mysterio in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

‘Silk': Sony Developing Project About Marvel Comic Korean-American Heroine - Silk (Exclusive)

How many different types of Spider-Men/Women are there?

Why did Sony ever lend Spiderman to Marvel if they were going to make their own Spideyverse anyways?

You'd think someone would point to WB/DC and say this is a bad idea. Well hopefully either Venom is good or it flops hard.
If it's good I would be optimistic for others. And well a flop may/should put the brakes on other films.

Why is this a bad idea?

Female + Super Hero is sure to do good box office

That isn't putting butts in the seats.

Homecoming was great.

Idk why they would go away from that.

I...i dont even.

Are we going to see two freakin versions of spiderman at the same freakin time!?

Last edited:
Back