Television SILK: SPIDER SOCIETY (The Walking Dead Showrunner to Oversee Series, post #69)

Why did Sony ever lend Spiderman to Marvel if they were going to make their own Spideyverse anyways?
It's because Tom Holland was singed for six movies, but the Disney-Sony deal was only for five movies. Their goal is to piggyback off the success of the MCU and fool audiences into thinking all the movies share continuity. Basically they're using the MCU to reinvigorate the popularity of Spiderman while attempting to lay the ground work for Holland's Spiderman to be inserted into their Spideyverse.

Jesus, how many people have been bitten by a radioactive spider? More importantly, how do i get bitten by a radioactive spider?

Homecoming was great.

Idk why they would go away from that.
What do you mean? They're not going away with it, the sequel to Homecoming will be released next year. It'll be the last movie made from the Sony / Disney co-production deal unless something changes.

I liked the movie a lot as well btw

What do you mean? They're not going away with it, the sequel to Homecoming will be released next year. It'll be the last movie made from the Sony / Disney co-production deal unless something changes.

Ah I did not know that

Of course you liked it

But if that same exact movie was made by Sony you would hate it

Of course you liked it

But if that same exact movie was made by Sony you would hate it
Nah guy I'll judge any movie on it's own merits. Sony made Spiderman 2 over ten years ago, that's a good movie, but they went to shit after that.

Also Homecoming is technically a Sony film.

Haha of course Sony has Nightwatch.. And of course Spike Lee is interested.

giphy.gif

ccf93-nightwatchsplash.jpg

"Beware evildoers! I am not Spawn!"

Nightwatch is the drizzling shits.

giphy.gif

Silk could be a good movie..

....if Marvel was making it.

SuperiorSpiderMan_8_Cover.jpg

Would love to see this guy given a decent shot in a decent enough Spider-movie.

Why did Sony ever lend Spiderman to Marvel if they were going to make their own Spideyverse anyways?
Ultimately they will want to sell the entire verse to Marvel and the more they can piggyback off Spiderman's fan base and show the rest of the verse has legs, the more Marvel will have to pay.

Great. Tremendous. Can’t wait. I love Silk.

Ok. I love cute Asian girls cosplaying as Silk.

Sony Pictures Developing SILK for Their Spider-Man Universe

Tvssepj.jpg

Sony is developing Silk, from Sony’s universe of Marvel-licensed characters about Korean-American heroine Cindy Moon, an individual with knowledge of the project tells TheWrap. Amy Pascal is producing.

Silk first appeared in April 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man vol. 3 #1 and was created by Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos.

According to Marvel Wiki, when high school student Cindy Moon was attending a public exhibition demonstrating the safe handling of nuclear laboratory waste materials, sponsored by the General Techtronics Corporation, a spider irradiated by a particle accelerator used in the demonstration bit Peter Parker on the hand and fell from his hand. The spider then bit Cindy in her ankle before dying. Cindy’s story was revealed to Peter Parker 13 years later, when he was the hero known as Spider-Man.

Silk would be a part of Sony’s universe of Marvel-licensed characters along with other Marvel Comics properties such as Venom, Silver and Black, Nightwatch, and Morbius the Living Vampire.

Spike Lee is eyeing Nightwatch as a possible directing vehicle, TheWrap has confirmed.

In terms of other Spider-Man projects at the studio, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse opens on Dec. 14 and Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to star as the Marvel villain Mysterio in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

‘Silk': Sony Developing Project About Marvel Comic Korean-American Heroine - Silk (Exclusive)

failed.gif

First off, SILK probably won’t even get out of pre-production phase. No one wants to see this SILK.

Sony and everyone else needs to stop forcing shit like this down People’s throats.

Back