Soul Calibur VI - Setsuka revealed as next DLC character

Groh and Azwel are absolutely filthy; great additions to the roster

Just dropping this by
#casbless

source.gif

Customization in this game is unreal. I'm looking forward to the DLC customization items as they drop. I find myself spending more time creating characters than playing LOL.

$60 with additional DLC and season pass fuckery on release? Never mind.

Some people say that this is the worst online ranked mode ever. CaS changing the hitbox/hurtbox of your character is pretty damn shitty.

44794779_315697975894455_5019764489151578112_o.jpg

Yeah, this shouldn't be in ranked. Didn't the same thing happen in SCV? Didn't play it much because it was garbage.

They should make it so that custom characters are NOT ALLOWED in ranked matches, leave that shit for casual play. It wouldn't be an issue if it was just costume and color changes, but being able to make someone the size of Astroth fight like Sophitia isn't realistic.

Other than that this game is exceptional. The net code is great, the fluidity of combat is second to none, and the graphics are fucking gorgeous especially on a good PC. Of all the really good fighting games to come out lately this IMO is the best, and a top 5 GOAT. Nostalgia aside, this is the best SC to date.

Yeah, I agree with custom characters not being allowed in Ranked. As long as changing the regular rosters equipment doesn’t affect things like hitbox/hurtbox etc. that should still be allowed. If they allow custome characters there should be some limitations such as they have to be the right “size” and can’t use certain equipment etc.

44794779_315697975894455_5019764489151578112_o.jpg

Yeah, this shouldn't be in ranked. Didn't the same thing happen in SCV? Didn't play it much because it was garbage.

Lol yeah that's some garbage - I'm honestly kind of shocked this is the case - it's common sense and practice to not allow created fighters in ranked. Although it goes give me the opportunity to rank up my Patrick Star astarorh but I'll admit that's not worth sacrificing the integrity of the mode

2B from Nier: Automata announced as Season 1 Guest Character. Hopefully they announce her release date soon; she looks pretty cool and I'm looking forward to giving her a try.

Hopefully the last 2 spots for Season 1 is 2 from Setsuka, Cassandra, Hwang, and Yun-seong. Get some of the legacy characters back to go along with a highly requested 2nd guest for that first wave and hopefully a 2nd season to follow.

Anybody else kind of disappointed in the game? I was really looking forward to the release and I picked it up the first day. Unfortunately it just feels pretty flat to me. I was looking forward to the story modes but their isn't much there. The voice acting is so bad that it's distracting. Online multiplayer is just like any other fighter out there when it comes to match making. Red Dead came out a week later and I have no desire to go back to Soul Calibur. I sank $60 to put in about 4-5 hours of gameplay which happens to be the same with every fighting game I bought for PS4 (Tekken 7/Street fighter).
I think the only good fighter of this generation is Mortal Kombat 10. Nothing else really comes close but then again I didnt play Marvel Vs Capcom or Injustice.

Anybody else kind of disappointed in the game? I was really looking forward to the release and I picked it up the first day. Unfortunately it just feels pretty flat to me. I was looking forward to the story modes but their isn't much there. The voice acting is so bad that it's distracting. Online multiplayer is just like any other fighter out there when it comes to match making. Red Dead came out a week later and I have no desire to go back to Soul Calibur. I sank $60 to put in about 4-5 hours of gameplay which happens to be the same with every fighting game I bought for PS4 (Tekken 7/Street fighter).
I think the only good fighter of this generation is Mortal Kombat 10. Nothing else really comes close but then again I didnt play Marvel Vs Capcom or Injustice.
I've enjoyed it so far, despite not having much time to invest in it because of life. The story mode is fine - nothing groundbreaking but good enough for a fighting game. Libra is interesting. I think Create-a-Soul is lacking content a bit, and the roster is pretty tiny; hopefully DLC can fill it in a bit more, as I know the game had a very small budget.

BTW, have you given Killer Instinct a try? It isn't on PS4, but it's really fun and is probably my favorite current gen fighter. I haven't tried MKX or Injustice 2 though

I've enjoyed it so far, despite not having much time to invest in it because of life. The story mode is fine - nothing groundbreaking but good enough for a fighting game. Libra is interesting. I think Create-a-Soul is lacking content a bit, and the roster is pretty tiny; hopefully DLC can fill it in a bit more, as I know the game had a very small budget.

BTW, have you given Killer Instinct a try? It isn't on PS4, but it's really fun and is probably my favorite current gen fighter. I haven't tried MKX or Injustice 2 though
Yeah I was expecting a bit more but I did not know they had a small budget for this game. The actual fight dynamics and graphics are fine but I was expecting more backstory on the fighters. Haven’t played all the way through the story modes yet and barely started the second. I just can’t believe how much reading is involved in the story mode. I just try to skip through the dialogue as fast as possible.
Haven’t played killer instinct since it was on the nintendo 64 but I’ll check to see if i can find it on steam tonight. I’d definitely be willing to try it out.
And I highly recommend MKX even if you’re not huge on fighting games. Massive roster, in depth story mode and it’s easy to pick up even if you haven’t played much MK. Not to mention you can pick it for $20. It’s a few years old but still holds up just fine.

To each their own. I've put countless hours into Soul Calibur VI and have had MKXL for a few years and barely put a few hours into it. It's just an okay fighting sysyem. Tekken 7 and SCVI have much better gameplay, which is what you purchase a fighting game for.

Enjoying the hell out of it, even though I'm still not very good at it. Reversal edge is lame, but thankfully most folks I played against haven't been spamming it lately. Guess everyone is getting used to sidestepping it now, and it is easy to punish against spammers. Love the roster too. They are all pretty good in their own right

Back