Space X launch today aka I thought I saw the End Times Begin

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
If you live in SoCal you likely saw this in the air.

25552116_10210370672923381_6470552802839300249_n.jpg

I starting calling the rest of my guys got my gear grabbed my guns and my bug out kit ready to head up to the mountains,when I saw it. I almost started driving to be safe. Turns out I was being paranoid. I thought it was either missile launch from ourside or something because it did not look like a rocket plume or a jet.

http://ktla.com/2017/12/22/numerous...in-socal-skies-after-space-x-launches-rocket/

A mysterious white light that appeared over Southern California skies during the Friday evening rush hour, prompting curiosity and questions from the many onlookers who observed it, was from a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch, authorities confirmed.

A SpaceX launch is seen from Altadena on Dec. 22, 2017, in a photo taken by a KTLA viewer.

KTLA began receiving numerous phone calls shortly after 5:30 p.m., when a brilliant but slow-moving light -- somewhat resembling a jellyfish-like creature -- appeared in the night sky. Around the same time, the station also received numerous photos and videos showing the object, and a number of Twitter users also posted images as they sought answers.

It was widely seen across Southern California, with photos submitted from Santa Barbara County down to Orange County. Reports also emerged that it was observed as far away as Arizona.

Some speculated the "strange light" was a UFO, or some celestial phenomena such as a comet or meteor; others suggested the object was a bomb or missile.

A short time after the object's appearance, multiple local law enforcement agencies have confirmed the flash of light was from the rocket launch, which blasted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base along California's Central Coast. The sighting also prompted the Los Angeles Fire Department to issue an alert.

SpaceX livestreamed the event on its Facebook page. CEO Elon Musk later posted videoto his personal Twitter account, accompanied by the tongue-in-cheek caption, "Nuclear alien UFO from North Korea."

Vandenberg Air Force Base announced earlier this week the launch was set for 5:27 p.m. Friday from Space Launch Complex-4. The base said it was the “fourth Iridium mission consisting of 10 satellites on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.”

Space Launch Complex-4 is along the Pacific Ocean coast west of Lompoc in Santa Barbara County, about 140 miles west-northwest of downtown Los Angeles.

A mysterious white light that appeared over Southern California skies during the Friday evening rush hour, prompting curiosity and questions from the many onlookers who observed it, was from a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launch, authorities confirmed.

A SpaceX launch is seen from Altadena on Dec. 22, 2017, in a photo taken by a KTLA viewer.

KTLA began receiving numerous phone calls shortly after 5:30 p.m., when a brilliant but slow-moving light -- somewhat resembling a jellyfish-like creature -- appeared in the night sky. Around the same time, the station also received numerous photos and videos showing the object, and a number of Twitter users also posted images as they sought answers.

It was widely seen across Southern California, with photos submitted from Santa Barbara County down to Orange County. Reports also emerged that it was observed as far away as Arizona.

Some speculated the "strange light" was a UFO, or some celestial phenomena such as a comet or meteor; others suggested the object was a bomb or missile.

A short time after the object's appearance, multiple local law enforcement agencies have confirmed the flash of light was from the rocket launch, which blasted off from Vandenberg Air Force Base along California's Central Coast. The sighting also prompted the Los Angeles Fire Department to issue an alert.

SpaceX livestreamed the event on its Facebook page. CEO Elon Musk later posted videoto his personal Twitter account, accompanied by the tongue-in-cheek caption, "Nuclear alien UFO from North Korea."

Vandenberg Air Force Base announced earlier this week the launch was set for 5:27 p.m. Friday from Space Launch Complex-4. The base said it was the “fourth Iridium mission consisting of 10 satellites on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.”

Space Launch Complex-4 is along the Pacific Ocean coast west of Lompoc in Santa Barbara County, about 140 miles west-northwest of downtown Los Angeles.

The SpaceX launch is the final scheduled one out of Vandenberg this year.

KTLA's Melissa Pamer contributed to this story.

Last edited:
Saw that. Was like wtf?

If you live in SoCal you likely saw this in the air.

I starting calling the rest of my guys got my gear grabbed my guns and my bug out kit ready to head up to the mountains,when I saw it. I almost started driving to be safe. Turns out I was being paranoid. I thought it was either missile launch from ourside or something because it did not look like a rocket plume or a jet.

http://ktla.com/2017/12/22/numerous...in-socal-skies-after-space-x-launches-rocket/

The SpaceX launch is the final scheduled one out of Vandenberg this year.

KTLA's Melissa Pamer contributed to this story.

I'll be impressed when we can VR in 4k on the moon lol.

Yeah I saw this with my wife as we were getting ready to head out for a dinner date.

It lite up the sky pretty good. At first I thought it was some kind of projection in the sky.

Fucking Elon musk and his stupid predictive programing tweet. Really bitch, nuclear aliens from NK. So freaking hilarious that I still can't stop laughing :rolleyes:

I'm not convinced that near earth orbit satellites will be the cost effective global internet solution Elon Musk is counting on, but good on him for being willing take the risk and make the push.

Low earth orbit, Mach 6.9 (they've gone faster though).

I hoping the money they have and spend, and all the time they have and spend, they can actually go somewhere interesting. But I guess that just being naive.

I hoping the money they have and spend, and all the time they have and spend, they can actually go somewhere interesting. But I guess that just being naive.

This was a commercial flight launching satellites for the Iridium network. The first commercial launch reusing a rocket I believe.

If it makes you feel any better I was jolted awake by a lightning strike the other night and thought we had been nuked by china/North Korea/Russia.

Yep they finally did it I thought, Sydney was on their MAD list and I had but a few precious seconds before the flash/blast wave hit my house (some 10 kms north of the CBD) and roasted me to oblivion. After a few seconds past thinking "damn you, you blew it all up, damn you all to hell" I finally realised It probably wasn't a nuke after all and just likely lighting.

Of course the speed of sound is slower than the blast wave so you wouldn't hear it before getting blasted but just awoken me wasn't that smart.

Back