Spacetime TKD turning kick instep edition (instructional)

Any stance you feel comfortable with.
You clearly don't understand that TKD guys fight long range. You cannot kick or punch me in the face unless you bridge the gap.

that was more of a troll shot back at you for you and trtfitness ruining my stance thread. ill still smash that leg in your "bladed" stance.

that was more of a troll shot back at you for you and trtfitness ruining my stance thread. ill still smash that leg in your "bladed" stance.

It will take you a while to chop down a TKD guys legs.. I have never seen one drop from them.

There are smarter strategies to employ against those guys than low kick spamming

It will take you a while to chop down a TKD guys legs.. I have never seen one drop from them.

There are smarter strategies to employ against those guys than low kick spamming

i disagree, im not going to even waste my time back and forth with you after this post and send you back into the spacetime continuum because you talk nonsense. never seen a TKD guy dropped from leg kicks? maybe because they dont leg kick in TKD. TKD guys legs are not conditioned like a MT fighters. If a guy like anuwat can get dropped by leg kicks 30 seconds into the first round, im sure a TKD will get dropped quicker. I have also seen in person guys get dropped from about 3 solid leg kicks. I have also been kicked in my leg during fights and I will say after about 3 cleanly landed kicks its close to over. For the record I fight MT, but am interested and open minded to both karate and TKD, think they are effective martial arts, and have incorporated them into my training. If you dont know who anuwat kaewsamrit is, google him.

i disagree, im not going to even waste my time back and forth with you after this post and send you back into the spacetime continuum because you talk nonsense. never seen a TKD guy dropped from leg kicks? maybe because they dont leg kick in TKD. TKD guys legs are not conditioned like a MT fighters. If a guy like anuwat can get dropped by leg kicks 30 seconds into the first round, im sure a TKD will get dropped quicker. I have also seen in person guys get dropped from about 3 solid leg kicks. I have also been kicked in my leg during fights and I will say after about 3 cleanly landed kicks its close to over. For the record I fight MT, but am interested and open minded to both karate and TKD, think they are effective martial arts, and have incorporated them into my training. If you dont know who anuwat kaewsamrit is, google him.

I have seen low level/unknown TKD guys compete against elite Muay Thai fighters, and still not getting dropped by low kicks..

Watch this if you don't believe me

You can tell by the way his arms flop around that Spacetime has dogshit balance & form on his kicks.
Poor hip flexibility as well since he needs to tip his hips & body way over to get any height on his kicks.

You can tell by the way his arms flop around that Spacetime has dogshit balance & form on his kicks.
Poor hip flexibility as well since he needs to tip his hips & body way over to get any height on his kicks.

I don't need to tip my body if I'm adequately warmed up, but I do prefer that way. My balance has improved with repetitions. Even bad habits gets solidified if you do it enough times. It gets part of muscle memory. And my balance is deceivingly strong

One has nothing to do with the other. I can kick with completely locked arms

was just watching a few carnage fights the other day. and one was an absolutely brutal leg kick KO. corbett kicked the guy so hard, he injured the blokes knee. and the kick landed cleanly on the thigh.

The problem with TKD is the "above the waist" kicks and that messes with the training regime. Unless TKD guys adopt low kicks a lot, they might offer a challenge to muay thai. but muay thai generally attacks the legs first and mixes up with high kicks, whereas TKD guys generally kick above the waist exclusively and they don't know what to do once someone attacks their most valuable asset--- their legs, their weapon.

This is just my opinion and research through watching many fights and studying the rule sets of the respective sports. In a street fight with no rules, meaning TKD guys would train against low kicks, punches, elbows, knees, and also train on how to do the mentioned techniques, then they may have a chance.

Just my opinion, not fact.

Any stance you feel comfortable with.
You clearly don't understand that TKD guys fight long range. You cannot kick or punch me in the face unless you bridge the gap.
Hey man, he's not wrong. Maybe have at least one hand up towards your face. For the leg kick, I play a version of that stance he's ripping on... Just learn a shin check for a roundhouse to the side of your knee. Because if you're a sidekick player like me, people wanna crush your side knee tendons with their shin bone ALL THE TIME. It kills me.
<{you!}>

The problem with TKD is the "above the waist" kicks and that messes with the training regime. Unless TKD guys adopt low kicks a lot, they might offer a challenge to muay thai. but muay thai generally attacks the legs first and mixes up with high kicks, whereas TKD guys generally kick above the waist exclusively and they don't know what to do once someone attacks their most valuable asset--- their legs, their weapon.

This is just my opinion and research through watching many fights and studying the rule sets of the respective sports. In a street fight with no rules, meaning TKD guys would train against low kicks, punches, elbows, knees, and also train on how to do the mentioned techniques, then they may have a chance.

Just my opinion, not fact.
And headbutts.
<{coachie}>

Serious question @spacetime have you ever sparred trained with any pro/semi pro fighters? By pro I mean that their sole income is from fighting, and semi pro in that they earn money from fighting and sponsors?
If so at what level and how often do you train with them? UFC, Glory, Lion fight, Enfusion, national evens, regional events, Olympic (I know they don’t get paid to fight but they are usually sponsored) etc.

Serious question @spacetime have you ever sparred trained with any pro/semi pro fighters? By pro I mean that their sole income is from fighting, and semi pro in that they earn money from fighting and sponsors?
If so at what level and how often do you train with them? UFC, Glory, Lion fight, Enfusion, national evens, regional events, Olympic (I know they don’t get paid to fight but they are usually sponsored) etc.

No. I have sparred a silver medalist at free fighting in ITF TaeKwonDo, who also does Muay Thai.

I have also been kicked in my leg during fights and I will say after about 3 cleanly landed kicks its close to over.

and here i was thinking i was just being a wimp. ever after all that conditioning and it still does that much damage? damn the thais make it look so easy. i have been to enough kickboxing events to realise what happens when average white boy gets kicked in the leg though.

and here i was thinking i was just being a wimp. ever after all that conditioning and it still does that much damage? damn the thais make it look so easy. i have been to enough kickboxing events to realise what happens when average white boy gets kicked in the leg though.

something to point out, is that the lead leg is generally better at taking kicks than the rear, because the rear is kicked much less, so its less conditioned.

this guy was southpaw, after about the 3rd kick to my rear leg thigh, i really felt it and was like shit........dont let that happen again!

24296322_10215781129187590_3213240114921494121_n.jpg

Back