SpaceX launches Falcon Heavy successfully - biggest rocket since Saturn V

No two snowflakes are alike or fingerprints. But combined: Biology, Chemistry, and Physics - as in animal (human) life, it makes me believe in a higher power. The odds of all the things that have to come together for its existence (life) in the universe is truly amazing.

I come from a Lutheran fam and I'm personally agnostic, but it's always kind of peculiar to me when science and religion are framed in debate as being inherently adversarial if not thoroughly incompatible. Almost without fail, the former is appropriated and wielded as verbally weaponized atheism. This is interesting considering natural science is, by definition, outside the realm of the supernatural whereas the bulk of religious and spiritual thought tends to be rooted in undetectable forces, inaudible voices and judgments reserved for the deceased, albeit conveniently.

I tend to invoke Francis Collins because he's present day, has served as Director of the aforementioned NIH since 2009 and firmly identifies as a Christian. The dude was head of Human Genome Project from 1992-03 after James Watson (published paper on structure of DNA in 1953) walked, he is unquestionably one of the foremost geneticists in the world and on the upper tier of brilliant people among us on the planet outright. I do find his reasoning on the subject a bit daft and I'm not entirely sure how he compromises the two at the end of the day, but I can see the perspective because they technically are different questions.

I do find his reasoning on the subject a bit daft and I'm not entirely sure how he compromises the two at the end of the day, but I can see the perspective because they technically are different questions.

That was a good video and a good post. My favorite are the many 'Catholic Clergy Scientists' of which Nicolaus Copernicus is probably the most famous.
206px-Nikolaus_Kopernikus.jpg

Back