Spain to Push for European Recognition of Palestine: We May Go It Alone if That Fails

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
This is really important and pretty amazing at the same time. I am pretty sure it will go nowhere. :(

The Spanish government will promote a European move to recognize Palestine as an independent state, Spain’s foreign minister said Thursday, adding that if the move fails the government will consider a Spain-only recognition....

According to the Palestinian Authority, there are now 139 countries that recognize Palestine....

https://londondailyreport.com/spain-european-recognition-palestine/

Too little too late, the writing is on the wall. Never-ending wars for all.

Hopefully it fails. Also brings happy to me see countries that recognize palestine attend the Israel jerusalem embassy ceremony. Like some eastern european countries or argentina. It means they really think palestine is in Jordan and gaza.

The real palestine is in jordan anyways. You muzzy fundamentalists.

Catalonians be like .........

{<huh}

Lol its true. Spaniards want to force catalans to be more conservative like them politically and to give up catalan identity etc. There desire to keep it in spanish republic is just to rule ocer ir but they dont really like it.

Would be better for spain if catalonia was separate. All the far left etc comes from Catalonia. You go there in barcelona you just see indians and muslims and non spaniards and tourists. No spanish flags. Talk about a disloyal region.

Why Spain though? Seems like a fairly odd 'first' Eurostate to acknowledge them.

Lol its true. Spaniards want to force catalans to be more conservative like them politically and to give up catalan identity etc. There desire to keep it in spanish republic is just to rule ocer ir but they dont really like it.

Would be better for spain if catalonia was separate. All the far left etc comes from Catalonia. You go there in barcelona you just see indians and muslims and non spaniards and tourists. No spanish flags. Talk about a disloyal region.
yeah..... I wonder why they dont fly Spanish flags?

Catalans are civic nationalists, they are welcoming to anyone that wants to live there.

Seems like the Spanish people are in desperate need of some liberation and some democracy and also some regime change.

Palestinians are Arabs who already have sovereign nations. I will recognize them when they go back to their homelands. They have zero claim to the land before 1920.

"There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not." - Arab historian Philip Hitti

"We are all part of ONE people, the Arab nation. We are ONE people. Just for political reasons we carefully underwrite our Palestinian identity. Because it is of national interest for the Arabs to advocate the existence of Palestinians to balance Zionism."

"Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity exists only for political reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new tool to continue the fight against Israel and for Arab unity."

- Chief of military operations for the Palestinian liberation org. Zahir Muhsein

The original PLO charter from 1964 says... "Article 24. This Organization does not exercise any regional sovereignty over the West Bank in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, on the Gaza Strip or the Himmah Area. Its activities will be on the national popular level in the liberational, organizational, political and financial fields."

Palestinians are Arabs who already have sovereign nations. I will recognize them when they go back to their homelands. They have zero claim to the land before 1920.

"There is no such thing as 'Palestine' in history, absolutely not." - Arab historian Philip Hitti

"We are all part of ONE people, the Arab nation. We are ONE people. Just for political reasons we carefully underwrite our Palestinian identity. Because it is of national interest for the Arabs to advocate the existence of Palestinians to balance Zionism."

"Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity exists only for political reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new tool to continue the fight against Israel and for Arab unity."

- Chief of military operations for the Palestinian liberation org. Zahir Muhsein

The original PLO charter from 1964 says... "Article 24. This Organization does not exercise any regional sovereignty over the West Bank in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, on the Gaza Strip or the Himmah Area. Its activities will be on the national popular level in the liberational, organizational, political and financial fields."

For hundreds of years before the state of Israel was formed, Jerusalem was an Arab city. It spent hundreds of years under the rule of the Ottoman Empire, as a city distinctly filled with that empire's people and culture.

Then, in 1915, the old Jerusalem started to change. The British took control of the city, filling it with troops and police that kept the Arab population under their thumb. European immigrants started to pour into the city, especially through the growing Jewish Zionist movement. Over the next 25 years, the population tripled.

The area, under British control, was now ruled as part of a new state called Mandatory Palestine, consisting of the regions of modern Palestine and Jordan. The area became, increasingly, a land filled with both Arabs and Jews, living side by side. Conflicts started to grow, though, as both the Jews and the Arabs believed that the British had promised Jerusalem to them.

The Arabs who had lived there for years led protests and revolts against their changing city, and, after an influx of Jewish immigrants poured into the city in the wake of World War II, the area turned violent, erupting into a war that still rages today.

Photo gallery:

https://allthatsinteresting.com/old-jerusalem

JIDF please go home. The Palestinians were living on that land for generations, they have a far stronger claim then a bunch of European colonialists who arrived in the late 19th and early 20th century.

The ones who have no claim are the Zionists. Just because a kingdom named Israel existed there three thousands years ago doesn't entitled them to ethnically cleanse a people who have lived there for centuries. If that's a legitimate basis for a modern state then lets create a state for the Assyrians and the Babylonians and the Scythians and the Huns and so on.

For hundreds of years before the state of Israel was formed, Jerusalem was an Arab city. It spent hundreds of years under the rule of the Ottoman Empire, as a city distinctly filled with that empire's people and culture.

Then, in 1915, the old Jerusalem started to change. The British took control of the city, filling it with troops and police that kept the Arab population under their thumb. European immigrants started to pour into the city, especially through the growing Jewish Zionist movement. Over the next 25 years, the population tripled.

The area, under British control, was now ruled as part of a new state called Mandatory Palestine, consisting of the regions of modern Palestine and Jordan. The area became, increasingly, a land filled with both Arabs and Jews, living side by side. Conflicts started to grow, though, as both the Jews and the Arabs believed that the British had promised Jerusalem to them.

The Arabs who had lived there for years led protests and revolts against their changing city, and, after an influx of Jewish immigrants poured into the city in the wake of World War II, the area turned violent, erupting into a war that still rages today.

Photo gallery:

Historical accuracy has no place in this discussion.

Photo gallery:

You conveniently start when the Jews weren't in control of the land anymore. Why do you think the land was Called Judea by the Greeks/Romans?

"The name Judea is a Greek and Roman adaptation of the name "Judah", which originally encompassed the territory of the Israelite tribe of that name and later of the ancient Kingdom of Judah"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judea#Etymology

Do you apply that to all people and territories that had no claim to the land before 1914?

JIDF please go home. The Palestinians were living on that land for generations, they have a far stronger claim then a bunch of European colonialists who arrived in the late 19th and early 20th century.

The ones who have no claim are the Zionists. Just because a kingdom named Israel existed there three thousands years ago doesn't entitled them to ethnically cleanse a people who have lived there for centuries. If that's a legitimate basis for a modern state then lets create a state for the Assyrians and the Babylonians and the Scythians and the Huns and so on.

I'm not here talking about Zionists am I? I'm talking about Israel. I'm also not defending ethnic cleansing. Last time I checked, Arabs were allowed to live in Israel.

You wanna talk about ethnic cleansing? Are you serious? It is punishable by death to sell land to Jews in Palestinian Authority controlled land. Meanwhile in Israel, Palestinians can own land and even the state owned land is accessible to both Arabs and Jews alike.

Historical accuracy has no place in this discussion.

But how could the Arabs who for centuries inhabited the land now called Israel have been "Palestinians" if the British hadn't named the land "Palestine" yet?

<seedat>

Do you apply that to all people and territories that had no claim to the land before 1914?

Not sure what you mean. I was speaking on their claim to the land etc. They can call themselves whatever the hell they want, I don't really care. I don't mean to say that they need to leave israel. I mean to say that they have no claim to the land as Palestine.

Back