Sparring stories from the masses

the gym manager's desk was directly behind that spot too, that was the funny part. he was doing his thing and then all of a sudden, the wall just above his computer gets fucked up lol.

the gym manager's desk was directly behind that spot too, that was the funny part. he was doing his thing and then all of a sudden, the wall just above his computer gets fucked up lol.
Ivory coast guy prob thought it was world championship level seriousness

But looking from an outside perspective, its like a just for laughs gags skit

Ivory coast guy prob thought it was world championship level seriousness

But looking from an outside perspective, its like a just for laughs gags skit

i know, right? the guy was only there for 1 day and was supposedly headed to alberta for a mma fight. had his toenails all painted too with the ivory coast flag colours.

i know, right? the guy was only there for 1 day and was supposedly headed to alberta for a mma fight. had his toenails all painted too with the ivory coast flag colours.
Lol, what a tool

was also hitting on my gf and the gf of one of the trainers...to be fair, he didn't know..but

<{cruzshake}>
Sounds like the story of a trial guy who went to xtreme couture, hit on the boxing trainer's gal, then the bf / coach mauled the shit out of him

Sounds like the story of a trial guy who went to xtreme couture, hit on the boxing trainer's gal, then the bf / coach mauled the shit out of him

true story? maybe it's the same guy lol

true story? maybe it's the same guy lol
I heard it from some former members when they came by to the gym.

Not complely unbelievable because over there they

Jus' bang

I was over in Amsterdam one day and decided to go visit Chakuriki, not to train but just to watch their training. I was greeted by Thom Harinck, who was about to start his class.

This tall lanky guy starts to beat the ever living crap out of a boxing bag, it was quite a sight. He then enters the ring and the pure violence he would unleash on his opponents was unreal. At one point he was sparring his own cousin, if I remember correctly, and I wouldn't bw surprised if the kid was pissing blood afterwards. Those body shots were brutal. I don't think anyone got out of that ring without being knocked down.

As you might have guessed, the tall lanky kid was a 20- year old Badr Hari. The delight he took in punishing people in training coupled with his talent was seriously scary.

Last edited:
I was over in Amsterdam one day and decided to go visit Chakuriki, not to train but just to watch their training. I was greeted by Thom Harinck, who was about to start his class.

This tall lanky guy starts to beat the ever living crap out of a boxing bag, it was quite a sight. He then enters the ring and the pure violence he would unleash on his opponents was unreal. At one point he was sparring his own cousin, if I remember correctly, and I wouldn't bw surprised if the kid was pissing blood afterwards. Those body shots were brutal. I don't think anyone got out of that ring without being knocked down.

As you might have guessed, the tall lanky kid was a 20- year old Badr Hari. The delight he took in punishing people in training coupled with his talent was seriously scary.
Haha, damn that's quite a experience dude

I concussed someone with a jab :( We are sherdoggers, it happens when others enter our world.

Semi-related, I was doing a simple jab warm up exercise with a guy when there was no one else at the gym and we wanted to do some work. I outweighed him by literally a hundred pounds or so, but we were doing no-contact slow motion parrying drills while wearing 16 oz gloves. I accidentally made contact in slow motion and he started gushing blood. We decided maybe weight classes exist for a reason and called it a day with working with each other. Me because I felt horrible and him because he probably thought I wanted to murder him and his family or something. In hindsight I still laugh, but also still feel pretty bad. If you're reading this, tiny dude, I did not mean to smash you.

Semi-related, I was doing a simple jab warm up exercise with a guy when there was no one else at the gym and we wanted to do some work. I outweighed him by literally a hundred pounds or so, but we were doing no-contact slow motion parrying drills while wearing 16 oz gloves. I accidentally made contact in slow motion and he started gushing blood. We decided maybe weight classes exist for a reason and called it a day with working with each other. Me because I felt horrible and him because he probably thought I wanted to murder him and his family or something. In hindsight I still laugh, but also still feel pretty bad. If you're reading this, tiny dude, I did not mean to smash you.

he can't be a sherdogger as we are 220llbs+ and are able to catch and parry jabs perfectly

I actually have a similar story except I was the one at the receiving end of a kick of a guy outweighing me by 130 pounds.

This dude was seriously massive, 6'8 and a 285lbs. I was just scrawny in comparison, just shy of 6'1 and about 160lbs. Now, we were both experienced fighters and we had trained before, which had never been a problem. This time was a bit different. He threw a normal jab, nothing to powerful and I slipped. At that moment he kicked, but as he saw what was happening tried to stop mid-kick. Instead of #headcleanoff, he clipped my nose with his big toe and literally tore my nose where my nostril was connected to my face. It was so deep I could pull my nose to one side and you could basically look in.

I've never seen a sparring partner feel so bad about something they'd done, but I thought it was hysterical. It's definitely in my top 5 weirdest sparring injuries I've seen.

Back