sparring

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
some sparring clips, light to medium sparring, this is how I prefer to spar when fighting frequenlty so no injuries.

Pro Muay Thai fighter/old coach

pro mma fighter

pro MMA fighter

amatuer fighter, very high skill level

Last edited:
friend/padman/training partner

pro mma fighter
My R leg is injured here, so I cannot R kick

we got some heat 4 yo azz

Last edited:
Nice man, you're good! Very nice flow between all the weapons you have.

Old coach seems like a nasty piece of work/douche, poor padman/friend of yours (you were a little hard on him) and the Ludwig guy was typical (flashy moves, good moves here and there but lacks fundamentals).

Nice man, you're good! Very nice flow between all the weapons you have.

Old coach seems like a nasty piece of work/douche, poor padman/friend of yours (you were a little hard on him) and the Ludwig guy was typical (flashy moves, good moves here and there but lacks fundamentals).

thank you my friend.

the old coach was actually the best coach i ever had, were personal friends as well, hes fighting in thailand currently, we were going a little harder in that clip, he was pushing me, but it was still friendly, just a little harder. It wasnt soft sparring but still friendly as there is no ill intent behind the sparring, he could have ko'd anytime he wants, but instead, pushes me just a few notches above where im at so we can get in harder sparring as needed but, since there is no ill intent, much less chance for injury. not trying to start a argument with you lol, I appreciate your input :)

lol did you cut off the instep protectors on your shin pads against your pad man? haha thats cruel, especially if you are good at kicking with your foot. Great work, man. I dig your aggressive style.

lol did you cut off the instep protectors on your shin pads against your pad man? haha thats cruel, especially if you are good at kicking with your foot. Great work, man. I dig your aggressive style.

no, for a long time I only used shinpads with no instep. You guys may have heard of this before and maybe not, but the saying goes, if you remove your insteps on your shinpads, you will stop kicking with your foot and instead kick with your shin. It worked for me. Thats why its hard for me to understand how people can really kick with the instep without hurting themselves, unless its to the head. any other kick to anywhere on the body with the foot seems like a high chance for injury to me. One thing I have tried, is to throw a kyokushin style kick, but instead of aiming with the instep, i aim with the lower shin. worked pretty good (didnt do it in this vid)

Great job varying your power and technique for different levels of sparring partners.

I liked in the first clip where you caught the teep and pulled into a knee, and I liked the implied knee early in the last clip.

Great job varying your power and technique for different levels of sparring partners.

I liked in the first clip where you caught the teep and pulled into a knee, and I liked the implied knee early in the last clip.

thanks for the feedback, yes the MMA fighters tend to have a bad habit of ducking the head, makes for easy knee/clinching on them. I hate when I pull knees like that and dudes still wanna try and "bang"

I hate when I pull knees like that and dudes still wanna try and "bang"
let them bang mang

but srs, it reminds me of one time I high crotched this guy and let him down slow, and the guy thought a normal defense to that was to try to throw shitting arm punching jabs like it would do something. Real scenario is I drop him on his head from over 6' in the air

let them bang mang

but srs, it reminds me of one time I high crotched this guy and let him down slow, and the guy thought a normal defense to that was to try to throw shitting arm punching jabs like it would do something. Real scenario is I drop him on his head from over 6' in the air

so many guys, specifically mma, you can a double arm clinch on them, could easily rain rib breaking straight knees but dont cause your sparring, meanwhile mma guy is swinging his punches to your belly as hard as possible but you dont knee him cause your not trying to break his ribs. because they dont know clinch, they think they legitimately did something and have no idea your pulling back. alot of guys wouldnt even catch that "implied" knee in the last vid that I was holding back.

so many guys, specifically mma, you can a double arm clinch on them, could easily rain rib breaking straight knees but dont cause your sparring, meanwhile mma guy is swinging his punches to your belly as hard as possible but you dont knee him cause your not trying to break his ribs. because they dont know clinch, they think they legitimately did something and have no idea your pulling back. alot of guys wouldnt even catch that "implied" knee in the last vid that I was holding back.
lol, first time seeing this in person in a tourney was beautiful. Guy gets a double collar, and the other guy is trying to rip body punches which end up doing nothing, because in that position its just an arm punch, dude got TKO'd from the clincher who just calmly spun and shot knees every 2-3 seconds.

Really its the training method, its the same with people who catch kicks in sparring but don't move because their partner isn't trying to break their rips and cool down on the kick. Turd nuggets think its cool to take it, "I can take it, no prob. and dump". Come fight night, the other guy's gonna bring home more ribs than you can find at a Louisianan ribfest. Funny one was seeing one guy who clearly trained like that, ate the kick, and couldn't catch it cause the other guy retracted fast. and he doubled up also. lol

Last edited:
lol, first time seeing this in person in a tourney was beautiful. Guy gets a double collar, and the other guy is trying to rip body punches which end up doing nothing, because in that position its just an arm punch, dude got TKO'd form the clincher who just calmly spun and shot knees every 2-3 seconds.

Really its the training method, its the same with people who catch kicks in sparring but don't move because their partner isn't trying to break their rips and cool down on the kick. Turd nuggets think its cool to take it, "I can take it, and dump". Come fight night, the other guy's gonna bring home more ribs than you can find in a Louisianan ribfest. Funny one was seeing one guy who clearly trained like that, ate the kick, and couldn't catch it cause the other guy retracted fast. and he doubled up also. lol

a buddy of mine catches every kick i throw basically. its an effective way to take away someones weapon.

a buddy of mine catches every kick i throw basically. its an effective way to take away someones weapon.
I'm not against catching, it just has to be done right or it'll end up building a bad habit

I'm not against catching, it just has to be done right or it'll end up building a bad habit

yeah but my buddy is really that good it doesnt matter. he reminds me of fabio pinca, hes amatuer but i think could go really far.

no, for a long time I only used shinpads with no instep. You guys may have heard of this before and maybe not, but the saying goes, if you remove your insteps on your shinpads, you will stop kicking with your foot and instead kick with your shin. It worked for me. Thats why its hard for me to understand how people can really kick with the instep without hurting themselves, unless its to the head. any other kick to anywhere on the body with the foot seems like a high chance for injury to me. One thing I have tried, is to throw a kyokushin style kick, but instead of aiming with the instep, i aim with the lower shin. worked pretty good (didnt do it in this vid)
Using the foot can be done.

Erick+Silva+Body+Kicks+Takenori+Sato+UFC+Fight+Night+36.gif
Here is Erick Silva using a toe kick, which is very common in okinawan karate.
Lyoto%2BMachida%2BBody%2BKicks%2Band%2BDestroys%2BCB%2BDollaway%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B58%2BBarueri.gif
and Machida landing with his instep to the body. I've also seen kyokushin guys use the instep for the inside leg kick.

Using the foot can be done.

Erick+Silva+Body+Kicks+Takenori+Sato+UFC+Fight+Night+36.gif
Here is Erick Silva using a toe kick, which is very common in okinawan karate.
Lyoto%2BMachida%2BBody%2BKicks%2Band%2BDestroys%2BCB%2BDollaway%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B58%2BBarueri.gif
and Machida landing with his instep to the body. I've also seen kyokushin guys use the instep for the inside leg kick.

it can be done i totally agree, i cant think specifically but there plenty of times where i missed with my shin and ended up kicking with the foot both in sparring, and in fighting, sometimes i got away with it, sometimes it hurt a bit, sometimes it got injured. if we take the 3 targets, high/mid/low, and were kicking with instep, low/mid are high risk for injury because of the knee/elbow...this is why I think instep to the head and shin everywhere else, but if you were flexible enough for shin to head, then shin to head.

all that being said I was live at this glory event, Giga is a Kyokushinkai I believe. Giga was way bigger than leo though, antoine should have been fighting him instead

ChikadzeVSPinto-15.jpg

and a bunch of myself, uninentional to the body with the foot, intentional to the head

14446110_10211206609467456_7001412769257061329_n.jpg

14495492_10211206603987319_6723237093257928518_n.jpg

would you call these foot?
14440896_10211206615587609_6342592854056393402_n.jpg

14433055_10211206811872516_3257784940291074515_n.jpg

ty for sharing...always appreciate seeing what other people are doing.. working on..and how they are developing it

some sparring clips, light to medium sparring, this is how I prefer to spar when fighting frequenlty so no injuries.

Pro Muay Thai fighter/old coach

Haha, WTH man...the dude in the middle is lighting that little girl up and fully exploiting his reach advantage.

In some videos you use lots of boxing movements like head movement, bobbing weaving and slips, and in some videos you don't. Why is that? If you were to ask me, I prefer to keep it tight and fluid like a boxer and do more of those.

And for some reason, most people keep throwing you on the floor. Bunch of bullies.... but overall good. You're smooth for sure, and you got some good flow. But, I think you're missing some, explosiveness.

Back