Speculation and Dream Match Ups For Rizin 13 and 14

One thing that's worth noting is that it doesn't sound like Rizin is looking to use these two next events to build for a better 2019. No it sounds like they are looking to deliver big shows that generate good ratings immediately.

So probably no gambling that Tenshin and Horiguchi make the final round. They might just try to deliver that at their first chance in September.

Cro Cop said in a interview that he hopes that he will recover from the injury much sooner than the medical predictions.
He hopes that he will fight on RIZIN NYE event in Saitama and that there has been talk about "one big name, a fighter that he never fought before, and that would truly bee a big draw and bait for the audience"

Since there are not many "big names" avaliable outside of UFC, I guess it could possibly be Kharitonov, or porhaps Bellator and RIZIN could make a deal for Minakov since FNG is in trouble and they are letting their fighters from heavier divisions go, and Minakov is sitll under contract with Bellator. It could also porhaps be somebody like Rampage.

https://translate.google.hr/translate?hl=hr?sl=hr&tl=en&u=https://www.vecernji.hr/sport/cro-cop-moji-psi-imaju-podno-grijanje-i-veliko-dvoriste-a-znaju-da-sam-gazda-iako-me-rijetko-vide-1250536

We will see.

Cro Cop said in a interview that he hopes that he will recover from the injury much sooner than medical predictions.
He hopes that he will fight on RIZIN NYE event in Saitama and that there has been talk about "one big name, a fighter that he never fought before, and that would truly bee a big draw and bait for the audience"

Since there are not many "big names" avaliable outside of UFC, I guess it could possibly be Kharitonov, or porhaps Bellator and RIZIN could make a deal for Minakov since FNG is in trouble and they are letting their fighters from heavier divisions go, and Minakov is sitll under contract with Bellator. It could also porhaps be somebody like Rampage.

https://translate.google.hr/translate?hl=hr?sl=hr&tl=en&u=https://www.vecernji.hr/sport/cro-cop-moji-psi-imaju-podno-grijanje-i-veliko-dvoriste-a-znaju-da-sam-gazda-iako-me-rijetko-vide-1250536

We will see.
I expect it will be Jiri

Motoya vs ishiwatari....and I have a gut feeling that Gomi vs Kawajiri will take place rather sooner than later.

In other news, Sakurai is campaigning on twitter for a fight against Roque Martinez...

Edit:

The backstory for those who didnt watch the event is that Mach was Samurai's cornerman

Last edited:
In other news, Sakurai is campaigning on twitter for a fight against Roque Martinez...

Edit:

The backstory for those who didnt watch the event is that Mach was Samurai's cornerman

I like this

Im not sure; in his interview after the event he was asked about them and replied something like "Well, about the kickboxing fights - I have to ask myself, did those fights really make me want to watch kickboxing again??", which basically translates to "Those fights were disappointing".

Dunno what he was expecting either, probably more flash - but Sakakibara seems to be rather cranky lately in general, what with the frustrating situation with Fuji TV.

That response surprises me. Those fights delivered.

I felt like he didn't dislike the KB fights but the fact, some fans prefer to have a MMA only card.

Could be. I like having some kickboxing sprinkled in. I felt there were way too many kickboxing fights on this card but glad they were all entertaining. I think in the future they should have just a couple kickboxing fights on a fight card and focus on MMA.

For me Horiguchi joining kickboxing is more of a negative than a positive. I prefer keeping him in MMA so that I can see his GNP and overall fighting game.

Cro Cop said in a interview that he hopes that he will recover from the injury much sooner than the medical predictions.

We will see.
Well, now we speculate. Who out there is a draw? He is acting like the fight would be a big deal, who hasn't heard fought that matters? Rampage is a draw in Japan. Kharitonov, maybe, like you said. Those are the only people I can think of. Bigfoot maybe? Was he popular in Sengoku and K1?

Well, now we speculate. Who out there is a draw? He is acting like the fight would be a big deal, who hasn't heard fought that matters? Rampage is a draw in Japan. Kharitonov, maybe, like you said. Those are the only people I can think of. Bigfoot maybe? Was he popular in Sengoku and K1?

Barnett is also now free from the UFC and he's competed in Quintet, he could be a possible opponent for Cro Cop if he hadn't already fought him. Alternatively, Jiri could fight Barnett as his big fight alternative if Cro Cop already has an opponent. My take on Cro Cop was that he would only consider fighting Jiri, a young up and comer, or the rematch with Fedor, but that was taken out due his success in the Bellator tournament.

Could he be referring to Ōsunaarashi? Not the fight I want, but technically a big name fight in Japan.

Edit:

This would actually be an amazing fight, Sakurai bringing the Minowaman spirit to JMMA. I wonder if Sakurai would try to bulk up for the fight. I wish that ACB hadn't signed Amir Aliakbari as he was a prospect I enjoyed watching in Rizin, and wouldn't mind seeing them feed Roque too. I'm hoping with ACB struggling financially and cancelling some shows, Rizin might be able to pinch some of their talent back.

Edit:

Mach has been eating like HW, so why not?

In the last minute he says he'd like a LW tournament as its his only chance to avenge his losses to Yuchi and Kitaoka, as they would otherwise not fight him. Only speculating, but last year had the Atomweight GP and Bantamweight GP running simultaneously. Their could also be a second tournament this year, and lightweight is the only division with the talent.

The fact that it makes sense and I don't think that Rizin will put all their eggs in the kickboxing basket makes me think their might be a lightweight tournament. It's only a matter of time, whether its this year or next. They were discussing doing a lightweight tournament last year but were concerned about their lack of talent. Also, Tibau would now be a great addition if they could get him.

Tibau isn't fighting at 155 anymore he's moving to 170 he said he shoulda did it years ago and I agree.

I don't think a Lw tourney is happening.

speculation: mismatches.

tenshin vs bum or someone else who literally never kickboxed before
king reina vs some jpop star who never fought
gabi vs 2 grandmas
rena vs someone with zero grappling
a terrible fight involving a mongolian
etc

dream match-ups:

cup of noodles man vs literally anyone or everyone
tenshin vs an actual kickboxer
king reina and gabi garcia staying home
wand vs josh barnett in a special rules where they receive roid injections before each round. and pcp.
rena serving coffee
kanna vs whoever she wants, she earned it
krazy horse vs a law enforcement officer
etc and etc

gabi vs 2 grandmas
etc

dream match-ups:

wand vs josh barnett in a special rules where they receive roid injections before each round. and pcp.
rena serving coffee
etc and etc
I normally find your Rizin posts dreadful, but I'm down for both the Wand/Barnett/roids/Sherman Hemsley fight and the Krazy Horse/cop fight. Actually two of the best ideas I've heard in a while, if I'm being honest.

gabi vs 2 grandmas
etc

dream match-ups:

rena serving coffee
etc and etc

Your probably right about Tenshin fighting someone who hasn't kickboxed before (Horiguchi) and a terrible Mongolian fight.

Maybe Krazy Horse can fight police extraordinary and Kimbo slayer Sean Gannon? Shame they wont let Krazy Horse into the country anymore.

If we're delving into our deepest fantasies,

hqdefault.jpg

vs

cropped_saitamamascot.jpg

if only. i'm sure the mascots can punch better than dandois/king reina...

Back