(Speculation) GSP vs. Silva in the works?

At this point I almost wish so, so that GSP can shut that little Brazilian weasel.

They are stirring things up in the media to see what kind of interest there is in the fight.

Gsp knew that dude was on the juice looong time ago. Why put your legacy on the line against a roid freak. Silva destroyed his legacy, so needs to build it back up. Gsp doesnt need this fight.

I think Silva is trying.
But he has Adesanya ahead of him, and should he win, he gets a title shot.
And Dana would probably not allow GSP to fight ANYONE for the MW belt ever again.

But then again, if Silva loses... what's the point? It is not worth it for GSP.

And GSP would not want to fight a winning SIlva. And a Losing Silva makes no sense for him (and I tend to agree with him).

WIth the above said though, I would love to see this fight, but it is much like Tito & Chuck. Far too late for what it could have been, but better late than never :)
The only difference is neither man is a zombie like Chuck.

That was sad whereas this would still be fun!

The only difference is neither man is a zombie like Chuck.

That was sad whereas this would still be fun!
Would it?
I don't know, man. Even if this would be a war, it will never live up to what could have been if they fought during their reign.

I mean GSP (at least) has not lost, but SIlva has so many losses... \
And that is why GSP is not interested.

GSP beats SIlva, Silva is obviously out of his prime.
Silva beats GSP, and GSP would have lost after doing everything possible not to lose a fight...
That's why he doesn't want, even though this would be the "easiest" Silva he could ever fight. (too much to lose, not much to gain).

Anderson is trying to goad him but GSP said he's becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of retirement.

It's understandable that Andy is trying to line up the next 3 but it's going to be interesting to just see how this next one goes lol.

Silva also wants to fight a guy who fought a majority of his career at FW.

He will do anything for a payday at this point.

Would it?
I don't know, man. Even if this would be a war, it will never live up to what could have been if they fought during their reign.

I mean GSP (at least) has not lost, but SIlva has so many losses... \
And that is why GSP is not interested.

GSP beats SIlva, Silva is obviously out of his prime.
Silva beats GSP, and GSP would have lost after doing everything possible not to lose a fight...
That's why he doesn't want, even though this would be the "easiest" Silva he could ever fight. (too much to lose, not much to gain).
Yeah but Silva has been active. I know he’s 43 but coming off a suspension you know he ain’t natty.

Who cares in the end as GSP beat a blind Bisping. It’s not as if GSP is destroying TODAY’s WW either.

We need to look at this with equal lenses.

Please. GSP will fight Khabib or Conor, that's it.

The only way this fight might happen is if Silva beats Israel, earns a title shot and wins the belt again.

Anderson's just trying to provoke GSP into a red panties payday via 50-45 dry humping or being choked unconscious like GSP did to Bisping. He's almost at the end of his career so is desperate for a big payday.

Yeah but Silva has been active. I know he’s 43 but coming off a suspension you know he ain’t natty.

Who cares in the end as GSP beat a blind Bisping. It’s not as if GSP is destroying TODAY’s WW either.

We need to look at this with equal lenses.
Oh, I am.
But even if I count GSP not to be at the top, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt more than you would Silva, whom we've seen in action more.
But you gotta agree that being 1-4-1 is not really... endearing. And say what you want about Bisping, he was the champ!
So I do think GSP is in better conditions than Silva At the moment.

the difference is that SIlva does not care if he loses or wins... and this is all GSP cares about.

Oh, I am.
But even if I count GSP not to be at the top, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt more than you would Silva, whom we've seen in action more.
But you gotta agree that being 1-4-1 is not really... endearing. And say what you want about Bisping, he was the champ!
So I do think GSP is in better conditions than Silva At the moment.

the difference is that SIlva does not care if he loses or wins... and this is all GSP cares about.
Touché sir. Great points!

Hard to argue there.

Dana loves money

But he also loves grudges so I don’t think he’ll ever bring GSP back l after “thanks for the MW belt and $2,500,000 bro, my stomach is feeling bad again, bye Mr White”

Anderson has been taking a lot of shots at him recently; could this all be a set up for THE super-fight? This would be a huge fight even in 2019.
I think there is definitely a good chance that they are negotiating. It doesn't seem like George is going to get a title fight given differences with the UFC however a novelty fight with Silva makes a lot of sense with that in mind. It won't do the numbers it would in the past but it seems worth booking versus passing. George and the UFC seem to have differences when it comes to finances that will probably be hard to be worked out.

Back