Spence admits he had cataract problem during Crawford fight

He's severely damaged goods. He should be nowhere near a boxing ring, not even training. There's no way the Spence that beat Brook would get so badly beaten like that. Crawford might still win, but it would be a hard-fought win.

It's cool when fighters 'admit' these various problems that caused them to lose fights. It takes a lot of courage to admit that their failures were outside their control.

It's inspired me to come clean and confess that Gal Gadot and Ana de Armas are currently waiting for me in the bedroom of my gold mansion.

I feel a weight off my shoulders for having finally admitted that, as if I have taken some 40-pound elaborate weird demon-king costume with red lips, skulls and other shit off them.

It's cool when fighters 'admit' these various problems that caused them to lose fights. It takes a lot of courage to admit that their failures were outside their control.

It's inspired me to come clean and confess that Gal Gadot and Ana de Armas are currently waiting for me in the bedroom of my gold mansion.

I feel a weight off my shoulders for having finally admitted that, as if I have taken some 40-pound elaborate weird demon-king costume with red lips, skulls and other shit off them.
I mean they have to sell the rematch somehow. We see this shit all the time.

lol

https://www.boxingscene.com/errol-s...-sht-past-due-i-didnt-boxer-lifestyle--180584

"All that said, you can kill the retirement sh!t though. Yeah, I got my ass beat – sh!t was past due. I didn’t live exactly like a boxer for the most part.”

That last part makes sense. If he wants to turn it around he needs a stable lifestyle.

Except Errol has said this before. I think he got a horse named Ferrari and started to eschew the party lifestyle and openly talked about not gaining so much weight between fights. He is justifying to himself--as much as the public--how he could have failed on such a spectacular level.

Of course, he is drawn to 'correctable' factors like his cataracts and lifestyle. But, as @Tatra noted, the truth is that he probably has irreversible damage/deterioration (probably since his first car accident) and should probably cash out against somebody like Conor Benn on PPV and get out of the game for good.

"Spence currently lists himself as a 154-pound fighter on his Instagram profile." Looks like the two of them are done with the division, with Boots being the heir apparent.

Except Errol has said this before. I think he got a horse named Ferrari and started to eschew the party lifestyle and openly talked about not gaining so much weight between fights. He is justifying to himself--as much as the public--how he could have failed on such a spectacular level.

Of course, he is drawn to 'correctable' factors like his cataracts and lifestyle. But, as @Tatra noted, the truth is that he probably has irreversible damage/deterioration (probably since his first car accident) and should probably cash out against somebody like Conor Benn on PPV and get out of the game for good.
I didn't realize he had acknowledged it before. Although I'm sure its true that doesn't sound good for him fixing things.

He's severely damaged goods. He should be nowhere near a boxing ring, not even training. There's no way the Spence that beat Brook would get so badly beaten like that. Crawford might still win, but it would be a hard-fought win.

The dominance of Crawford in that one did make me think Spence was a bit past it (all due respect to Crawford who is a great fighter)

I mean they have to sell the rematch somehow. We see this shit all the time.
Part of me agrees and understands that for sure.
The rematch is not compelling at all because it was such a 1 sided fight. So they need to almost do this to generate any type of revenue to justify what they have to spend.

The part that bothers me are the lame fanboys with these overnight YouTube podcast using these excuses to cover themselves for being DEAD wrong about the fight.

I was DEAD WRONG about the fight, but its ok. We all pick fights wrong. After the fight finally happened we need to admit Bud is the far better fighter at 147.

Now they coming out "confirming" the rib injury B.S. too.

The fight was put off and delayed for so long that if Spence had debilitating vision and a broke or injured rib they would of had NO problem delaying it further.

If you pass pre fight medicals, go on press tours stating you are at your best ever, then get in the ring, I don't want to hear EXCUSES from your fans.
I just want to see if you can evolve or improve in a rematch.

This is all rematch marketing for the people involved & a major cope for the fans who let their ego get in the way of enjoying the sport. Give props when they are due.

Bud was & is the better fighter unless Spence SHOWS something new in the rematch...not tells us something new....but shows.

Barring Spence coming out & doubling down on these excuses I will still be rooting & hoping Spence wins or at least makes it close this time.

Part of me agrees and understands that for sure.
The rematch is not compelling at all because it was such a 1 sided fight. So they need to almost do this to generate any type of revenue to justify what they have to spend.

The part that bothers me are the lame fanboys with these overnight YouTube podcast using these excuses to cover themselves for being DEAD wrong about the fight.

I was DEAD WRONG about the fight, but its ok. We all pick fights wrong. After the fight finally happened we need to admit Bud is the far better fighter at 147.

Now they coming out "confirming" the rib injury B.S. too.

The fight was put off and delayed for so long that if Spence had debilitating vision and a broke or injured rib they would of had NO problem delaying it further.

If you pass pre fight medicals, go on press tours stating you are at your best ever, then get in the ring, I don't want to hear EXCUSES from your fans.
I just want to see if you can evolve or improve in a rematch.

This is all rematch marketing for the people involved & a major cope for the fans who let their ego get in the way of enjoying the sport. Give props when they are due.

Bud was & is the better fighter unless Spence SHOWS something new in the rematch...not tells us something new....but shows.

Barring Spence coming out & doubling down on these excuses I will still be rooting & hoping Spence wins or at least makes it close this time.
Yeah there's no doubt about it. Bud's the better fighter h2h and overall. Unless, as you said, Spence is able to avenge that ass whooping he received in the first fight. That was one of the worst, most clinical beatings I've seen another elite fighter take in what was supposed to be a toss-up. I did pick Bud to stop him but I had to word it carefully. There are a lot of Spence fans around here (myself included) so I didn't come out and say it directly. Instead I said that the fight wouldn't go the distance and then picked Bud to win lol.

See, this deeply worries me but it also conforms to the narratives I want to have around the Spence/Crawford fight, so

I now declare the Official Sherdog Excuses Bingo Fest open !

Spence’s next excuse shall be:

1. Oxygen levels in hotel room were tampered with.

2. Ring walk sapped his legs.

3. Egg weights. ‘Nuff said.

4. He broke his back. Thpinal.

So the fight is off????
Between all the shitty YouTube click bait channels,big fight rumors never coming true, & morons floating fantasy big names fighting eachother, its hard to tell up from down at this point.

Now these tards are running with Bud vs T.Lopez or Boots rumors instead.

So the fight is off????
Between all the shitty YouTube click bait channels,big fight rumors never coming true, & morons floating fantasy big names fighting eachother, its hard to tell up from down at this point.

Now these tards are running with Bud vs T.Lopez or Boots rumors instead.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's off for now. They'll probably just push it back until Spence is able to be cleared medically. Bud will likely take a fight in the interim. I've heard the Teo and Boots rumors myself. Not sure what to make of them.

to be fair, its a lot more serious than lack of oxygen levels.

you cant fake a cataract surgery.
nor is catarac a “lame excuse”.

i’m more surprised as to why spence decided to fight with such a handicap.
maybe he knows he’s physically declining over the years, and it was now or never.

From Crawford.
A direct boxing blow to the eye may result in a corneal abrasion, blood in the anterior chamber (hyphema), inflammation in the anterior chamber (iritis), cataract, damage to the iris, blood in the vitreous, injury to the optic nerve.

All of those solid shots Spence took from Crawford damaged his eye.

Back