Spence Not Interested In Signing With Arum, De La Hoya or Hearn

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-not-interested-signing-with-arum-de-la-hoya-hearn--129289

“I haven’t gotten anything from Eddie Hearn,” Spence said. “Golden Boy was pursuing me. Top Rank was pursuing me. But they get that from my interviews. I tell them I don’t need a promoter, I’m not looking for a promoter. You know, we’re setting a new trend where you can do stuff without a promoter. And just the fact that everybody feels like you need a promoter to be this top guy, you really don’t.”

I see Showtime as my promoter”

https://www.boxingscene.com/spence-not-interested-signing-with-arum-de-la-hoya-hearn--129289

“I haven’t gotten anything from Eddie Hearn,” Spence said. “Golden Boy was pursuing me. Top Rank was pursuing me. But they get that from my interviews. I tell them I don’t need a promoter, I’m not looking for a promoter. You know, we’re setting a new trend where you can do stuff without a promoter. And just the fact that everybody feels like you need a promoter to be this top guy, you really don’t.”

I see Showtime as my promoter”
without out a promoter, he got smoked by Adrien Broner/Jessie Vargas in TV numbers. A washed up Broner that the public has been well aware of nonetheless. He's supposed to be the next big thing. He should be getting at least around a million viewers. Talks about wanting all these big fights then says he wants Vargas next and then unless he gets a unification fight, he's going to be ordered to fight Ugas(who deserves it, but doesn't move numbers for casual viewers). Wasting a year of visibility in his prime. Him and Crawford are both like Andre Ward in that they are so good but want nothing to do with selling themselves as a fighter.

Spence just made more money than Jarrell Miller and Danny Jacobs combined. He sold out in his hometown while two New York natives failed to fill up even half of the Barclays at a cheap price. 726k viewers on a network with a subscription base orders of magnitude less than HBO. Spence doesn't need a promoter.

Another clueless idiot, comes across a bit dense in his interviews to be honest.

He sounds like he has a wise head on his shoulders, why on earth would anyone need a promoter?

Fucking idiot is making chump change and nobody outside of the hardcore knows who he is, absolute bellend

He sounds like he has a wise head on his shoulders, why on earth would anyone need a promoter?

Fucking idiot is making chump change and nobody outside of the hardcore knows who he is, absolute bellend

Agree, guys a whopper.

Sounds like he’s happy with what he has going for him, why change it up??

As for comparing him to Broner as far as numbers, this was already Spence’s 3rd headliner on Showtime at a young age with decent numbers las week, I cant recall Broner headlining an HBO card back in the day, it was really until the Malignaggi fight that Broner got a lot of attention along with his out of ring behavior and im pretty sure that was his first head liner, some guys like Spence are not in it just for the fame and money.

Problem is, he's still an up and comer to an extent. The only "big" name he's fought and beat is Kell Brook. Brook is widely respected, but lets be real, he isn't busy enough and hasn't really been considered "A guy" even if he's had the chance. Sure Spence is a hell of a talent and a WW champ but he might have a hard go runnin by himself. Golden boy would be a good move. A Canelo fight would definitely be down the road then.

It makes no sense at all, when he is a "name", then i could see this as a wise decision, as it is, he is a little known guy with some good wins, seems he is happy earning what he is earning...and i cant see that changing or him getting big fights if that is his attitude

Ideal in principle but in reality if its hindering his ability to get big fights, ring Eddie.

Ideal in principle but in reality if its hindering his ability to get big fights, ring Eddie.

It isn't and I'm going to lleave it there for now

Seems like the majority of the top Al Haymon guys are happy to stay with him. I don't understand the hate

Spence vs Ugas should happen at the end of 2018'

In the first quarter of 2019 Spence vs the Porter/Garcia winner

What can the other promoters offer?

Arum is not going to make Crawford vs Spence anytime soon

Hearn probably is going to make the rematch with Brook

Dela hoya has nobody in his roster

Doesn't Haymon have power of veto over who a fighter can fight? If that's the case, I'd say there's some influence, not unlike what a promoter has. Making someone feel like they don't have a promoter, and actually having complete and utter independence aren't the same thing.

Anyway, he better just fight some names soon and not piss his prime away fighting twice a year against B's and C's (not that that would necessarily be his fault, look at GGG waiting on lineals for years).

Seems like the majority of the top Al Haymon guys are happy to stay with him. I don't understand the hate
I think I read that Spence got $3.5 million to fight Peterson and $1.2 for last weekend’s work. I guess those are some good reasons to stay promoter free.

What I don’t understand is why, when he’s being paid so well to beat guys who can’t lay a glove on him, is he not fighting more often? Given the competition, I don’t think that four times a year is unreasonable. His bank account would be fatter and profile much higher.

Good shit brotha, don't sign yourself up with one of these lying cheating devils.

I think I read that Spence got $3.5 million to fight Peterson and $1.2 for last weekend’s work. I guess those are some good reasons to stay promoter free.

What I don’t understand is why, when he’s being paid so well to beat guys who can’t lay a glove on him, is he not fighting more often? Given the competition, I don’t think that four times a year is unreasonable. His bank account would be fatter and profile much higher.
The top Al Haymon guys get paid well. I expect him to fight 3 fights this year

Back