Spence Not Interested In Signing With Arum, De La Hoya or Hearn

whatever he's doing is working well. His popularity exploded these past couple years.

Errol doesnt need a promoter because Showtime IS promotinig him.

We just had an entire event just for him.

and lol at Oscar's response

"I have have response to him and to tell him that he's wrong," said De La Hoya, on Wednesday afternoon.

De La Hoya continued, "See, a promoter promotes you. A promoter has a plan, a long-term plan to eventually make you a pay-per-view star and look, there's a reason why there's one superstar in boxing - and that's (Saul) 'Canelo' Alvarez. There's a reason why there's only one fighter in boxing that sells pay-per-view - and that's 'Canelo' Alvarez.

"Therefore we have that vehicle, we have that platform to showcase with the pay-per-view audience. He might be a great fighter - and I'm talking about many fighters out there - but there's a reason why you're only making a couple of million dollars and not making 10, 15, 20 million dollars."

I loved seeing Andre Ward in action, but he didnt get the numbers or money his skill and achievements deserve. Spence will go the same route if he doesnt fight big names to draw the casual fans OR become super promoted

Doesn't Haymon have power of veto over who a fighter can fight? If that's the case, I'd say there's some influence, not unlike what a promoter has. Making someone feel like they don't have a promoter, and actually having complete and utter independence aren't the same thing.

Anyway, he better just fight some names soon and not piss his prime away fighting twice a year against B's and C's (not that that would necessarily be his fault, look at GGG waiting on lineals for years).

To a certain extent. There's a lot more to this than that though.

E will still get his fights and honestly it will probably be twice a year.

Lmao at Oscar btw. Everything is Golden and happening in house with Al. Everyone gets paid. Fuck giving someone else money. Don't need them.

Networks will still put us on

Maybe Spence's biggest issue regarding making money is rather how fucking scared are other high profile WW.

and lol at Oscar's response
fuck my life, DLH is so thick it hurts. he promotes 50 people and he goes on record to say there's a reason only canelo is a big star. well shit, oscar, i guess that reason can't be your god damn promotion, if you can't make it work with anyone else.

Maybe Spence's biggest issue regarding making money is rather how fucking scared are other high profile WW.

Same shit different day. Same fucking thing with Danny

To a certain extent. There's a lot more to this than that though.

E will still get his fights and honestly it will probably be twice a year.

Lmao at Oscar btw. Everything is Golden and happening in house with Al. Everyone gets paid. Fuck giving someone else money. Don't need them.

Networks will still put us on
What's your take on the PPV platform? Could you see top p4p guys like Spence going through career without it? Ppv Seems to be dropping off, I read that stacked UFC 225 only did 250k for example.

He needs to move up, where there are lots of fights to be made with PBC fighters.

Lets me honest, Keith wont have fought in a year in a half, had a big surgery, got married and has been living it up. Even before the layoff, people were picking Spence to beat him. Is he going to be much of a threat? Porter and Garcia already lost to Keith, and the loser of their fight is not going to be seen as a threat at all. The winner will be fighting Keith. That is only one major fight left for Spence at the weight, outside of Crawford.

Spence already said he wants to clear the PBC roster, which won't happen for a year, and only has one meaningful fight. On top of the promotional bullshit.

Same shit different day. Same fucking thing with Danny

How so? If Danny Jacobs is to become a bigger household name then why isnt he more famous without fighting 'the best'.

Canelo and GGG have been hand picking plenty of opponents of their choosing and made bank off it, howcome Danny cannot do the same thing?

What's your take on the PPV platform? Could you see top p4p guys like Spence going through career without it? Ppv Seems to be dropping off, I read that stacked UFC 225 only did 250k for example.

I dont think that is the case at all, i think the problem is the American market.

When you have fighters in the UK bringing in a lot of numbers on the gate, and also a fair amount on PPV, and the PPV only costs £15 and the cards are much much better than anything the American market has to offer, it makes no sense and people are wising up to the fact that American fans of sports have been fleeced for years for PPV, and they are simply voting with thier wallets now.

PPV in itself is not dead, its just people dont want to pay for a PPV that contains possibly one decent fight for $50+, the real problem is promoters dont want to put on decent cards anymore and then wonder why buy rates are down when they put shitty cards together.

While a lot of people dont like Hearn, when he puts on a PPV, there is nearly always 2 world title fights on the card, and plenty of other good fights and prospects, which is why he is dominating the sport in this country, he may be an asshole, but he is not fucknig stupid

Good post above, agree re: hearns cards. Bar Aj's They are on normal fox here in aus. And are always good quality. I read somewhere wwe ppvs are suffering too so thought it may be a generational thing re: PPV decline. Surely if Errol and bud keep looking sensational a 2020 unification could be on PPV platform.

Back