Spence: Ocampo didn’t have any power, I want Jessie Vargas next

Who can he fight right now? Porter and Danny have a date. Thurman sure as shit wont take him as his comeback fight. Crawford wont fight him right now.

What big dogs does that leave without moving up? Bouncing around classes is stupid so until hes ready to go permanently he shouldnt be going up in weight to chase opponents.

eh, he hasn't really fought anyone. He's the least accomplished title holder in the division. He shouldn't be calling out guys like Jessie Vargas.

He's got the skills but lets not start the "he's fought everyone who'll fight him" talk. He hasn't even had serious negotiations with anyone yet.
he's definitely more accomplished than crawford

I'm not so high on Crawford as everyone else, but I can't agree. The only person he's fought is Kell Brook.

People are already acting like Spence is the man in the division. Frankly ,he's way behind.

And Brook beat Porter. The only real threats to Errol are Thurman, who makes it obvious he's not interested and Bud, who's acclimatising to WW.

I'm not so high on Crawford as everyone else, but I can't agree. The only person he's fought is Kell Brook.

People are already acting like Spence is the man in the division. Frankly ,he's way behind.
The man in the division isnt fighting anyone, so its hard for him to be replaced.

brook would beat the dogshit out of Horn. Other than that, he's faced Peterson and a few decent but not memorable names. TC literally just started fighting at WW. Less accomplished than Thurman? Sure. But than TC? Nah son, I ain't buying it.

brook would beat the dogshit out of Horn. Other than that, he's faced Peterson and a few decent but not memorable names. TC literally just started fighting at WW. Less accomplished than Thurman? Sure. But than TC? Nah son, I ain't buying it.
Maybe he would, but he didn't.

From boxrec-
Errol-
Career Factoids
  • Has a record of 2-0-0 (3 KO's) in world title fights.
  • Has a record of 3-0-0 (3 KO's) against former or current world champions:
  • Has a record of 2-0-0 (2 KO's) in fights outside his native United States.
Crawford-

Professional Record
-----------------

Its not even sort of close. Crawford has accomplished a lot more.

From boxrec-
Errol-
Career Factoids
  • Has a record of 3-0-0 (3 KO's) against former or current world champions:
  • Has a record of 2-0-0 (2 KO's) in fights outside his native United States.
Crawford-

Professional Record
-----------------

Its not even sort of close. Crawford has accomplished a lot more.
P4P, yeah Crawford has accomplished a lot more, no question. But we're just looking at their WW accomplishments. At WW only, Spence takes it by quite some distance. That'd be like saying GGG is the most accomplished SMW if he went up and beat DeGale. It wouldn't be true, the body of work simply wouldn't be there.

When I saw the fight against Ocampo i saw 2 definite low blows, one just before the KO and 2-3 disputable low blows. Then I saw a low blow highlight reel against Kell Brook. If thats how he kills his opponents power Im not impressed.

I do not see many more realistic options than Vargas or Ugas for the next fight though, unless he waits for the winner of Porter Garcia.

How is he way behind? Stopping Brook and Peterson (Peterson arguably beat Danny Garcia at WW not too long ago) isn't way behind what anyone else has done at the weight. Thurman is obviously more accomplished at WW, but he's the only one (and stopping Brook is more impressive than anything Thurman has done).

How is he way behind? Stopping Brook and Peterson (Peterson arguably beat Danny Garcia at WW not too long ago) isn't way behind what anyone else has done at the weight. Thurman is obviously more accomplished at WW, but he's the only one (and stopping Brook is more impressive than anything Thurman has done).
I don't agree with making up results to strengthen an argument. Garcia beat Peterson and even if you didn't count that one, he's fought more championship calibre fighters than Spence.

Professional Record
There's no way around it. Spence has a long way to go before he's done what Garcia and Thurman have.

I don't agree with making up results to strengthen an argument. Garcia beat Peterson and even if you didn't count that one, he's fought more championship calibre fighters than Spence.

Professional Record
There's no way around it. Spence has a long way to go before he's done what Garcia and Thurman have.

We can agree that dismissing stopping Peterson as a good win when he had a drawish fight with Garcia (who is apparently miles ahead of Spence) is a tad inconsistent, right? Do you think Garcia is more accomplished than Spence at WW? Would have you have Garcia beating Brook, let alone stopping him?

A sign of the times, I guess. It’s strange to think that not all that long ago Sugar Ray Leonard fought seven times in less than 24 mos. between late 1979 and late 1981. The list of opponents included Wilfredo Benitez, Roberto Duran (twice) and Tommy Hearns. But if Errol Spence wants to fight Jesse Vargas some time in the next six months, and then possibly someone decent after that, what are we to do?

We can agree that dismissing stopping Peterson as a good win when he had a drawish fight with Garcia (who is apparently miles ahead of Spence) is a tad inconsistent, right? Do you think Garcia is more accomplished than Spence at WW? Would have you have Garcia beating Brook, let alone stopping him?
How does it really matter how they won? Couldn't I just as easily make the argument that Garcia beat a fresher version of Peterson?

I like Spence and think he's probably going to end up as the top dog, but he's not there yet and he won't get there fighting Jessie Vargas either.

From boxrec-
Errol-
Career Factoids
It's impossible to have 3 KO's in 2 world title fights. It should read 3-0-0 (3 KO's) in world title fights. Now, I feel obligated to fix someone else's mistake.

That doesn't make Spence more accomplished.
No one would say he is.

Hes doing what he can though. Cant take fights with guys who arent available.

eh, he hasn't really fought anyone. He's the least accomplished title holder in the division. He shouldn't be calling out guys like Jessie Vargas.

He's got the skills but lets not start the "he's fought everyone who'll fight him" talk. He hasn't even had serious negotiations with anyone yet.
How dare you not say only positive things about Errol Spence...
giphy.gif

It's impossible to have 3 KO's in 2 world title fights. It should read 3-0-0 (3 KO's) in world title fights. Now, I feel obligated to fix someone else's mistake.
haha, didn't even catch that myself.

Back