Spence: Ocampo didn’t have any power, I want Jessie Vargas next

No one would say he is.

Hes doing what he can though. Cant take fights with guys who arent available.
This whole conversation began when someone said he was "definitely more accomplished than Crawford." He definitely is not.

This whole conversation began when someone said he was "definitely more accomplished than Crawford." He definitely is not.
Ya Ill take the win over Brook over the win over Horn. Widely.

Ya Ill take the win over Brook over the win over Horn. Widely.
But by all means ignore the rest of their resumes.

Crawford has clearly fought a better class of competition.Its not close.

No one would say he is.

Hes doing what he can though. Cant take fights with guys who arent available.

True but calling out guys who aren't available would still be a good idea. Push the idea that you want the best guys no matter what. Especially on TV seconds after you knocked some undefeated dude out in one round. Public pressure gets fights made. There is no better time to get fans behind you than right after a fight. All the youtube clips and IG stuff is fine but the casual fans watch fights not internet stuff.

Spence needs to let guys like Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman call out chumps while he calls the top dogs and makes people think everyone is scared of him.

But by all means ignore the rest of their resumes.

Crawford has clearly fought a better class of competition.Its not close.
Well yes Im going to discuss the division in which they are both fighting in.

Dont think any of Crawfords previous opponents would beat Spence. Dont think any of them would even beat Brook, really.
True but calling out guys who aren't available would still be a good idea. Push the idea that you want the best guys no matter what. Especially on TV seconds after you knocked some undefeated dude out in one round. Public pressure gets fights made. There is no better time to get fans behind you than right after a fight. All the youtube clips and IG stuff is fine but the casual fans watch fights not internet stuff.

Spence needs to let guys like Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman call out chumps while he calls the top dogs and makes people think everyone is scared of him.
He literally just said he would be fighting the winner of Porter/Swift.

Well yes Im going to discuss the division in which they are both fighting in.

Dont think any of Crawfords previous opponents would beat Spence. Dont think any of them would even beat Brook, really.

He literally just said he would be fighting the winner of Porter/Swift.

Outside of maybe Postol, I don't think any would even be competitive with Brook.

Brook was giving to spence for the most part. Credit to spence for breaking him down but that fights makes me think Crawford beats him.

Brook was giving to spence for the most part. Credit to spence for breaking him down but that fights makes me think Crawford beats him.
Thats not true at all. It was highly competitive but in no way was Brook giving it to him.

Whats to say that Crawford can take what Spence is going to throw at him?

Thats not true at all. It was highly competitive but in no way was Brook giving it to him.

Whats to say that Crawford can take what Spence is going to throw at him?
I disagree. I thought brook was landing his shots and doing what he wanted for the first 6ish rounds.

And thats certainly the question isn’t it

The goalposts were moved to "welter only" after I pointed out that Crawford obviously has the better resume.
Crawford does have the better resume overall.

Brook is obviously the best win but Crawfords resume overall has more meat

I disagree. I thought brook was landing his shots and doing what he wanted for the first 6ish rounds.

And thats certainly the question isn’t it
I recall Brook having a strong run for 2-3 rounds in the middle, and then it went downhill in a hurry. But the opening rounds I remember it being extremely close.

The goalposts were moved to "welter only" after I pointed out that Crawford obviously has the better resume.
I thought it was pretty clearly what we were talking about. Like, it doesn't make sense to credit a guy's WW run with the stuff he did at JWW and LW. That's why I was pretty explicit in mentioning the WW division as the confines of what I was talking about.

Outside of maybe Postol, I don't think any would even be competitive with Brook.
yeah, Indongo looked like trash against Prograis and Diaz just lost to a nobody. Postol is starting to look like the only major win on Crawford's resume that isn't tarnished by later perfromances.

yeah, Indongo looked like trash against Prograis and Diaz just lost to a nobody. Postol is starting to look like the only major win on Crawford's resume that isn't tarnished by later perfromances.
but that's hardly fair. later performances shouldn't really count, it's how the guys looked leading up to and in the fight with crawford.

i mean, i'd expect a lot of guys' careers to go downhill once spence is done punching holes in them. fighting a brick fisted tank like him takes a few years off of your prime. crawford isn't the same kind of devastating puncher, but he does pack some power and he does humiliate guys. sometimes it's difficult to bounce back from those kind of losses.

Back