Spider-Man PS4

This game made me want to go back and play Arkham Knight. While Spiderman is superior in almost every way Arkham Knight is still a PHENOMENAL looking game.

I must be the only one who thinks Arkham Asylum was the peak of the batman games, ging open world was the worst thing that couldve happened. The games just became bland as hell.

No spoilers , has anyone gone thru the first DLC yet? Is it worth playing them one at a time or waiting until all 3 are out?

No spoilers , has anyone gone thru the first DLC yet? Is it worth playing them one at a time or waiting until all 3 are out?
I've heard it's only a couple hours long, so it might be more fun to play them all in one sitting. The problem is you might not be able to avoid spoilers for that long.

I've heard it's only a couple hours long, so it might be more fun to play them all in one sitting. The problem is you might not be able to avoid spoilers for that long.
Did anyone really even care about the story in the game?

I honestly cant tell you what it was about. Hell even the main villain was so bland and boring, atleast Octavius had an arc (already aware of the story) but everything about the story was ehh.

This game made me want to go back and play Arkham Knight. While Spiderman is superior in almost every way Arkham Knight is still a PHENOMENAL looking game.
Arkham Knight was pretty much the Arkham formula perfected. It not only looked fantastic, but the gameplay was also top notch (the Batmobile was handled brilliantly) and the story was dark as fuck (the M-rating speaks for itself).

I still can't for the life of me understand how people actually think Arkham City is better. To me it isn't even close.

Arkham Knight was pretty much the Arkham formula perfected. It not only looked fantastic, but the gameplay was also top notch (the Batmobile was handled brilliantly) and the story was dark as fuck (the M-rating speaks for itself).

I still can't for the life of me understand how people actually think Arkham City is better. To me it isn't even close.
Couldn't disagree more.

Arkham Knight is superior City, except for the Bat tank sequences. Those were a disaster!!

Finally got through Spider-Man last night. It really picked up towards the end with a very good last sequence and ending. I'll go 8/10 overall.

I really didn't like the story overall. The demons and Mr. Negative were just too over the top and not interesting to me and I didn't like the character designs. Still, the presentation and graphics were second to none and the acting was top notch as well. Now, on to Red Dead...

I must be the only one who thinks Arkham Asylum was the peak of the batman games, ging open world was the worst thing that couldve happened. The games just became bland as hell.

YEah, me too. I wasn't a fan of the 2nmd and third games. Getting about Arkham was never fun to me. I never quite mastered the grappling and flying and the mini-games were shit.

Finally got through Spider-Man last night. It really picked up towards the end with a very good last sequence and ending. I'll go 8/10 overall.

I really didn't like the story overall. The demons and Mr. Negative were just too over the top and not interesting to me and I didn't like the character designs. Still, the presentation and graphics were second to none and the acting was top notch as well. Now, on to Red Dead...
Kind of my take on the game. Hopefully they work on the combat in the sequel. Never felt like I was in any danger even in the boss fights.

Picked up season pass and started on the first part of dlc. Interested what they do with the 2nd and 3rd parts.

Last edited:
Just beat the second chapter of the dlc and while it was short I have to say it was pretty damn good. Better than the first chapter. Anyone else play it here yet?

Just beat the second chapter of the dlc and while it was short I have to say it was pretty damn good. Better than the first chapter. Anyone else play it here yet?
Yeah, just finished it myself. I have a feeling I probably would have enjoyed the DLCs more if I just waited and played them all at once though.

Yeah, just finished it myself. I have a feeling I probably would have enjoyed the DLCs more if I just waited and played them all at once though.
Agreed. But I like the tone they are taking it. Hopefully the 3rd part can keep pace.

For some reason I loved and finished Arkham Knight but stopped playing City.

They released a free update with the Raimi suit

Pretty cool

I'm enjoying the game so far. My only complaint is the combat. Spidey is routinely lifting cars, catching helicopters etc, but some tough thug can block punches?

I know it's a nit pick but it bugs me.

They did get the web swinging and webshooters right though.

Just got this today and honestly I’ve just been swinging around the city lol it’s alot of fun.

I'm enjoying the game so far. My only complaint is the combat. Spidey is routinely lifting cars, catching helicopters etc, but some tough thug can block punches?

I know it's a nit pick but it bugs me.

They did get the web swinging and webshooters right though.
Yeah, that's kinda a problem in the comics too. They explain it away by saying Spider-Man pulls his punches because if he didn't he could kill them with one punch.

Yeah, that's kinda a problem in the comics too. They explain it away by saying Spider-Man pulls his punches because if he didn't he could kill them with one punch.

Yeah. I remember that from the comics. It just fits the Batman Arkham series more since Bats is not super human level strong.

That said, combat feels more fun than the Arkham games due to the variety of web attacks and how much bouncing around you can do as Spidey. Maybe that's just me though.

Back