Spike O'Sullivan: I can see flaws. I would beat GGG in Mexican Style fight

Perhaps people are seeing the possible route to Canelo if they beat GGG before the rematch.

What the fuck is an irishman doing talking about a 'mexican' style fight with a kazakh.

He'd get whopped but ofc he's gotta talk his game lol he's a pro fighter. Lotta these guys seeing GGG's flaws now that he's 36 but nobody wanted him when he was in his prime lol

He'd get whopped but ofc he's gotta talk his game lol he's a pro fighter. Lotta these guys seeing GGG's flaws now that he's 36 but nobody wanted him when he was in his prime lol

Spike didn't want him last month. He was offered 300 to 400k and his team unofficially said yes to the fight then they changed their minds and declined. Which is kind of silly considering GGG only made a million so Spike's cut would be way above what even a mandatory opponent would get.

Instead he fought a nobody last week for 20k hahaha.

His promoter...

"Ultimately, short time, short money. Two negatives don't make a positive, here. So he's not going to do the fight. He'd have three weeks to get ready for Golovkin and he wants to win. It was a hard decision but he wants to win and he ultimately said,'If I'm going to go into a big fight like this I need the right time to prepare for a Golovkin."

Not sure how they think 300k is "short money" then signs to fight for 20k instead. I don't think he'd put up much more of a fight then Vanes did but three weeks notice even though he was already in camp for another fight is still a pretty shit thing to have to do. Not sure what he think's he's worth financially. Two fights ago he was supposed to be a highlight reel loss on HBO but pulled off a nice upset.

Last edited:
Spike didn't want him last month. He was offered 300 to 400k and his team unofficially said yes to the fight then they changed their minds and declined. Which is kind of silly considering GGG only made a million so Spike's cut would be way above what even a mandatory opponent would get.

Instead he fought a nobody last week for 20k hahaha.

His promoter...

"Ultimately, short time, short money. Two negatives don't make a positive, here. So he's not going to do the fight. He'd have three weeks to get ready for Golovkin and he wants to win. It was a hard decision but he wants to win and he ultimately said,'If I'm going to go into a big fight like this I need the right time to prepare for a Golovkin."

Not sure how they think 300k is "short money" then signs to fight for 20k instead. I don't think he'd put up much more of a fight then Vanes did but three weeks notice even though he was already in camp for another fight is still a pretty shit thing to have to do. Not sure what he think's he's worth financially. Two fights ago he was supposed to be a highlight reel loss on HBO but pulled off a nice upset.

damn lol yeah he didnt want any. Guess he had to weigh out career high earnings vs a potential career altering beatdown, not too familiar with him but I'd imagne he's not upper echelon at MW. Cant blame anyone for wanting a full camp specifically for GGG tho

damn lol yeah he didnt want any. Guess he had to weigh out career high earnings vs a potential career altering beatdown, not too familiar with him but I'd imagne he's not upper echelon at MW. Cant blame anyone for wanting a full camp specifically for GGG tho

I think 300K would be way way more than he's ever made before, and probably more than he'll ever make in future for a single fight

Seeing flaws in Golovkin's game only gets you so far. We can assume that pretty much all the guys who got the living shit kicked out of them by GGG had seen some flaws in his game.

Back