Springfield XD-9 subcompact

Muscleshart

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've just about decided on this handgun. I like it for a couple of reasons. I am left handed, and it seems to be the most lefty friendly SC. I like the gear package. I can carry it with a 10+1 for Concealed Carry or 15+1 w/grip extender at home or in my truck.

The other two weapons I considered was the G26 or the p239. I know the Sig is a different price range, but I'm looking at overall value. If it is worth the extra money I'll buy it.

I don't get to W & T often, but I appreciate the help.

Id just like to say this thread stinks.

Post some pics to air out the poop smell.

Springfield XD-9 subcompact
xd.jpg

Sig p239

461_1105147663_100_02341(small).jpg

G26
images

PS If you don't know what the weapons look like, I really don't need your opinion.

I eliminated the Glock. I am going to go buy the XD because of the two extra rounds over the Sig. I can also add a high capacity magazine, and use a grip extender.

G19 was the right answer. You have chosen unwisely.

This is for concealed carry. I like the G19, but it is larger than I feel I can comfortably carry concealed.

To each his own. I love my G23 for concealed carry.

G19 was the right answer. You have chosen unwisely.

One of my instructors, who is a very wise man, has a saying.

All pistols should be Glocks.
All Glocks should be 9mm.
All 9mm Glocks should be G19's.

He's sort of joking, but he has literally ran hundred of thousands of rounds through his Glocks without any issue. At his courses, the typical round count is very high. The pistols that run the best are Glocks and Sigs. They aren't big fans of most .45's unless it is built by a reputable guy who knows his shit, like Larry Vickers.

G19 too large for concealed carry? WTF? Well, as long as you are making the attempt to conceal carry and not be a sheep then do what you need to. Take care of your XD and it will run fine.

If I could only have one handgun it would be my G19. It is a great all purpose gun. I am looking for a subcompact.

sorry to break up the little GLOCK loving party...

Glock are very good guns don t get me wrong, it is TOP for the money

but if u want something a little better they is also the Walther P99 or PPS

or also H&K makes amazing guns, look into the P30 or P2000 or even a USP Compact

Heckler & Koch P2000 growing pains - THR
FTE's and failure of the slide to lock after last round is fired in P2000.

HK USA Forums :: View topic - P2000 V3 Loose slide release (the "ambidexterous side)
Slide rattle on a $900 gun.

HK USA Forums :: View topic - HK P 30
Poor QC on the P30

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f65/hk-45-a-827477/
JRT6 carries a USP for a living and has few nice things to say about it.

H&K may be better, but I'd rather buy 2 Glocks for the same money and have something that I know will operate flawlessly.

Heckler & Koch P2000 growing pains - THR
FTE's and failure of the slide to lock after last round is fired in P2000.

HK USA Forums :: View topic - P2000 V3 Loose slide release (the "ambidexterous side)
Slide rattle on a $900 gun.

HK USA Forums :: View topic - HK P 30
Poor QC on the P30

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f65/hk-45-a-827477/
JRT6 carries a USP for a living and has few nice things to say about it.

H&K may be better, but I'd rather buy 2 Glocks for the same money and have something that I know will operate flawlessly.

Glocks, HK's, and Sigs are real nice.

Who really cares about gear? Get your mindset, tactics, and skill down.

If I could only have one handgun it would be my G19. It is a great all purpose gun. I am looking for a subcompact.

Dude the g19 is a beutifull gun and small enough to conceal. I think your problem is that you havent found the correct holster for it. Have you tried the g19 in a good IWB? Getting a great IWB for your g19 is a better option than going for the xd9. If your loaded get the xd9 for the hellofit but id still carry that g19 anyday of the week over the xd9.

Id personally go for the crossbreed supertuck IWB.

If you need something real tiny go with the ruger lcp in 380 auto.

To all you g19 lovers, ive been thinking about trading in my ruger p95 but those g19s have small grips and my pinky kinda hangs off a bit and aint quite comfortable. Nobody else notice that? I also dont think the g19 sits that great in my mits but I love its supposed reliability and its a tiny sucker perfect for ccw. Not to mention replacement mags/parts/holsters are everywhere for it.

I'm getting a G19 for my wife tomorrow. I do find it just a bit too small for me, but it's not uncomfortable. Fits her perfectly though.

I'm getting a G19 for my wife tomorrow. I do find it just a bit too small for me, but it's not uncomfortable. Fits her perfectly though.

This is for concealed carry. I like the G19, but it is larger than I feel I can comfortably carry concealed.

I have been carrying a Glock 19c IWB with no problems what so ever for a long time. I use a Comp tac infidel @ the 3:30 position.

Also, give the Glock 30sf a try. Its a little thick but its a great feeling when you have 10 +1 of .45 ready to go. Conceals very well.

My XD is the standard in .40. I enjoy it. I've never had it jam on me, actually. No problems at all. Good gun.

muscleshart-

can i ask why you eliminated the subcompact glock? not that a springfield xd's aren't great guns(sorry for the double negative), but to me, glocks kind of set the standard for "bang for the buck" and reliability as soon as they were released. springfield followed suit, but to me they're playing follow the leader. maybe that's an inaccurate assessment, but i'm a glock diehard, and i've had stovepipes in a sig p225, hk usp 45 (full size), and 1911. and none of the guns were limpwristed.

the only stovepipe i've seen with a g19 was a buddy limpwristing the gun + a weak round.

my go-to at this point is the g19 with hogue. a buddy just got me a lasermax which i may or may not use regularly, and i'm definitely putting ameriglo operator pro night sights on there before im done. after that i'm thinking of a g30, but the lack of a rail makes me hesitate.

Back