squash for glute development, lateral movement, coordination and cardio

Snowfist

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This week I started playing squash. This sport is shockingly demanding physically. I already notice a massive difference in my soccer defending and boxing footwork.

Basically, if you play against someone better than you for 3 hours straight you damn near die from short sprints. The glute and leg strength comes from constantly lunging and generating power from funny angles.

This was a shocker for me as I did not expect squash to be such an intense and effective workout. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't use squash to develop glutes. I'd use squats to develop glutes, and use squash to benefit from that development.

My ol man has played squash for like 50 years. Got no ass.

Something like squash having a big crossover to boxing and soccer makes a lot of sense. Fast angle/direction changes, split stance power and glut med stability. In general lateral movement and directional changes are often neglected in S&C programs.

My co worker used to be ranked in squash. Played a game with him. My fuck it would be the equivalent of me fighting fedor in his prime. Fun game though.

Back