Srisaket Sor Rungvisai's return

Akimbo Slice

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was wondering how the fuck I would watch this, since his meltdown and absence I am keen to see what he's working with. He has no shortage of killers at super-fly prying and gnashing at his gate like zombies.

How fucking good! ONE championship will halt their regular programming of 'safety first' style soccer kick knockouts and stream the whole fucking thing live on their official youtube channel. On a practically light boxing weekend, this is one to watch

so SSR beat the shit out of Diaz, but got KDd twice. Both were ruled slips (the first a legit slip, the second not legit IMO). Diaz isn't a bad fighter, but he isn't much of a puncher, so this does not bode well for SSR, though, to be fair, SSR didn't even seem to bother with defense in this one.

I've heard he wants one more tuneup fight, then JFE in 2019. Neither SSR nor JFE looked good in their last fights, so honestly, it's still an interesting fight, but I worry both guys are starting to slip. Even if it isn't JFE, we're going to get a big fight soon with SSR in it, cause Nietes, Ancajas, and Yafai all expressed interest in him and all of them (except Donnie) are looking hot and cold right now. Ancajas was also at the fight, so a unification with Ancajas could definitely be in the cards here.

Last edited:
I've heard he wants one more tuneup fight, then JFE in 2019..

Why the hell does he need 3 tuneup fights? He wasn't inactive for a long period. They're trying to build the Super Flyweight division and this dude's out here taking easy fights on MMA cards.

Why the hell does he need 3 tuneup fights? He wasn't inactive for a long period. They're trying to build the Super Flyweight division and this dude's out here taking easy fights on MMA cards.
that's just what I heard, IDK if it's the final word. He's also fighting pretty actively, it's not like he's fighting once a year. I wouldn't be shocked to see the fight announced within like two weeks and for it to be against a solid opponent (it'll probably be a WBC rated opponent anyhow). I think it makes sense, SSR just had a breakup with his girlfriend, who allegedly cheated on him. She was supposed to be a lot of the motivation for his fighting so he just needs to make sure he's in the right emotional place. If it ends up being Ancajas (which is entirely possible), then that's actually a pretty good fight. If this becomes a continuous habit then yeah, that's an issue, but SSR has shown remarkable balls before, so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here.

OH SHIT IT MIGHT BE ON

even if Ancajas looked bad in his last fight, he's given us enough good performances that this is still a very good fight. Ancajas is kind of the money guy in the division too, so this is definitely a possibility.

Jerwin Ancajas has a great opportunity to upset King Sor. Although he clearly won the fight, he looked sloppy against Diaz. Got knocked down twice clearly.

Jerwin Ancajas has a great opportunity to upset King Sor. Although he clearly won the fight, he looked sloppy against Diaz. Got knocked down twice clearly.

I thought one look like it could have been a slip, hte other one was clearly a KD.

Either way, great fight, it'll be a scrap.

so SSR beat the shit out of Diaz, but got KDd twice. Both were ruled slips (the first a legit slip, the second not legit IMO). Diaz isn't a bad fighter, but he isn't much of a puncher, so this does not bode well for SSR, though, to be fair, SSR didn't even seem to bother with defense in this one.

I've heard he wants one more tuneup fight, then JFE in 2019. Neither SSR nor JFE looked good in their last fights, so honestly, it's still an interesting fight, but I worry both guys are starting to slip. Even if it isn't JFE, we're going to get a big fight soon with SSR in it, cause Nietes, Ancajas, and Yafai all expressed interest in him and all of them (except Donnie) are looking hot and cold right now. Ancajas was also at the fight, so a unification with Ancajas could definitely be in the cards here.

At his age a shopworn SSR might be ripe for the picking. Another high profile victory would impress me quite a lot, actually.

At his age a shopworn SSR might be ripe for the picking. Another high profile victory would impress me quite a lot, actually.
yup, a win over ancajas or another win over JFE would make him a first ballot HOFer IMO.

It's pretty weird that he's appearing on MMA cards

ONE Championship is trying to expand their brand, so they have been putting together interesting cards with MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, (sometimes) Lethwei and now Boxing all together. They've gotten a few really high level Kickboxers on their cards, so it's no surprise they got SSR to fight on one too (especially considering he's from SE Asia). I wouldn't think of it as an MMA card, so much as a variety show for combat sports fans.

yea saw that KD,
by diaz, who throws some soft leather..
surprised, SSR looks worn down like u say..

yea saw that KD,
by diaz, who throws some soft leather..
surprised, SSR looks worn down like u say..
I didn't think he look particularly hurt either time, and supposedly the mat was slippery. I also thought he looked like he just striaght up did not respect Diaz's power and walked to him. Still, not a good look.

It's gonna be really weird watching SSR-Ancajas, and not hearing Jim Lampley talk about SSR's calf muscles. End of an era.

It's gonna be really weird watching SSR-Ancajas, and not hearing Jim Lampley talk about SSR's calf muscles. End of an era.
well, to be fair, Lampley's fixation on calf muscles is generally focused on Southeast Asian men generally, so who knows whose calf muscles Lampley would ahve been fixating on in this fight.

well, to be fair, Lampley's fixation on calf muscles is generally focused on Southeast Asian men generally, so who knows whose calf muscles Lampley would ahve been fixating on in this fight.

Just imagine if SSR fought Pacquiao. Lampley would pop on air once a round.
Lampley+Jones+Junior.png

Back