St. Carnal's Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what else up prok, tell more about the other newer chick

so what else up prok, tell more about the other newer chick

The newer chick was just a chance occurance. I wanted to go and do something, but no one was around, so I decided to go down to tubby dog. Fucking awesome place.

Anyways, I go to tubby dog, and basically steal this chick's seat. She let me have it after I apologized profusely. So she ends up standing next to me, and I can tell she's a tubby dog noob. So I give her some pointers on how to properly attack a tubby dog. I thought to myself 'what the hell, why not talk to her more? practice my skillz" n such.

So we get to talking, I drop a humorous line about the impending zombie apocalypse. She has actually thought about it, and she hits me up for ideas and we had a humorous conversation about it.

She ends up giving me her business card and saying "email me, we'll talk more about zombies."

So I emailed her a couple hours ago.

She's a wine merchandiser and field ambassador to a vineyard in Australia. Pretty fuckin' awesome if you ask me.

Plus, most importantly, she likes tubby dog.

I have no idea what a tubby dog is, but any chick who has any knowledge of zombies is a welcome change.

I have no idea what a tubby dog is, but any chick who has any knowledge of zombies is a welcome change.

Tubby Dog is a gourmet/ridiculous hotdog place.

I normally go there to get "the" tubby dog. 1/3 lb hotdog, covered in homemade chili, mustard, bacon-bits, and cheese. Simple, but fucking delicious.

They have all kinds of crazy shit there. Like the sumo dog, with pickled ginger and freshly grated wasabi, to the sherman's ultimate gripper dog with a bacon wrapped dog, basically everything you could ever think of on a hot dog, and a fried egg.

Looked it up, I now need a sumo dog asap

Looked it up, I now need a sumo dog asap

If there's a better reason for a sejour in Canuckistania than tubby dog, I am not aware of it...

Oh wait, yes I am: basically everything that is included under the term 'quebecois food.'

so have you got response from wine girl.

so have you got response from wine girl.

I emailed her at like midnight, so I probably won't be getting a response until tomorrow.

Only nighthawks like us are up at this time, midmer.

How's your stuff doing, midmo? Got any things coming up with welcome mat?

grappling for me right now is a no go. Welcome mat is moving along towards the freestyle judo nationals and the arnolds(not sure who is going this year). I haven't had the time to go to KC so I'm screwed. Did have one of my old guys call me tonight about getting together adn getting some mat work in, but I was working the day he suggested.

Josh is still recovering from the shoulder injury and I was going to KC last saturday but the only open mat time we could find was over in Kansas another hour for me.

I did get an offer to help coach the kids wrestling club locally, but haven't done anything more with it. Folk wrestling isn't a strong point of mine.

grappling for me right now is a no go. Welcome mat is moving along towards the freestyle judo nationals and the arnolds(not sure who is going this year). I haven't had the time to go to KC so I'm screwed. Did have one of my old guys call me tonight about getting together adn getting some mat work in, but I was working the day he suggested.

Josh is still recovering from the shoulder injury and I was going to KC last saturday but the only open mat time we could find was over in Kansas another hour for me.

I did get an offer to help coach the kids wrestling club locally, but haven't done anything more with it. Folk wrestling isn't a strong point of mine.

That sucks midmo. Is welcome mat leaving the area?

well the home school is in KC, Josh had a branch here while he was in school, then he started teachign at another affilate when he moved back home. This is where I would go. That gym owner just cancelled his gi program. there is another affilate about an hour north but I know nothing of it. A freind who was a college wrestler and a Brown belt started it, but I have no idea of the skill level or douche bag level there now. He's at extreme COutures in vegas now.

Most of welcome mat affilates are in KC or further west. So my only resonable option is ATT in Columbia. But their monthly rates are world class. I can only train once maybe twice a week so I am relutant to drop that kind of change for 5 classes a month. I keep meaning to call the owner and see if I can work a deal but havne't gotten around to it as my life tends to be nuts outside of work.

I keep hoping the MMA groups wrestling coach comes home(he is out of state with work) and we get somethign going locally again. The MMA group is still training but I'm not dealing with the person who runs the show where their at. And since I've been boxing again I miss grappling less but its still runs deep in my blood.

well the home school is in KC, Josh had a branch here while he was in school, then he started teachign at another affilate when he moved back home. This is where I would go. That gym owner just cancelled his gi program. there is another affilate about an hour north but I know nothing of it. A freind who was a college wrestler and a Brown belt started it, but I have no idea of the skill level or douche bag level there now. He's at extreme COutures in vegas now.

Most of welcome mat affilates are in KC or further west. So my only resonable option is ATT in Columbia. But their monthly rates are world class. I can only train once maybe twice a week so I am relutant to drop that kind of change for 5 classes a month. I keep meaning to call the owner and see if I can work a deal but havne't gotten around to it as my life tends to be nuts outside of work.

I keep hoping the MMA groups wrestling coach comes home(he is out of state with work) and we get somethign going locally again. The MMA group is still training but I'm not dealing with the person who runs the show where their at. And since I've been boxing again I miss grappling less but its still runs deep in my blood.

Well, if the boxing is something you can really sink your teeth into, then that's great.

But it would suck for you to lose some of your teeth in grappling.

yea I know I can't balance doing them both, unless i give up lifting completely. So for the moment I'll be using my extra time for boxingn since its local and I like it. I'll be back on the mat before too long I think, just not sure where.

The idea of not doing grappling at all just doesn't appeal to me as its a crucial skill at work. I'm looking at taking some students for privates locally, but finding a location that is open and I have access to at the right times is becoming problematic.

I talked to Josh about ATT and he was all for it. Just a matter of cost v advantage v douche bag factor.

I do have some brats at home which I think due to your tubby dog reference I will be eating tonight. That or chili.

Today, I weighed myself and I'm 220lbs. that was my weight goal, and it is now the heaviest I've ever been. which is weird cause I've been doing a lot of conditioning lately and my weight has gone up like 4 lbs in three weeks. So now I'm at a crossroads. do I lean out (current bodyfat at 18% or more) and start again when i can see my absorz? or do I bulk up to 240 and cut from there?

I'm surprisingly dissatisfied with my squat gut to be honest, and for the first time have to start considering extra large t-shirts on a regular basis.

at 18+% I would consider leaning out some down below 15% then restarting a cleaner/slower bulk phase. where you try to keep below 18% but still gain lean mass.

You also need to get some sort of actual measurement of BF% so you know exactly where you are

Probably a good idea. fuck, I was hoping I could get away without cutting for a bit longer, but I think you're probably right.

I just won't want to get much closer to 20%. I've been in the 30s before and it sucked. I've battled all last year to get down and have been bouncing between 195 my low point last year to around 220 at 15% currently. I've been as low at 13% at around 205, then started going back up. My highest level was 19% at around 220 which I cut 5 lbs then went back up at only 15%. I've also made strength gains through out although the are probably just NOOB gains.

Not sure if this would work for you but I won't want to cut for very long given your strength goals and I would think a few small cuts would suit you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back