Stand Up Forum Died?

Because the stand up forum needs some models doing some boxing and kickboxing god dammit, don't you know how young minds work.

Lmao.

shincheckin, think you said something to this effect in another thread, but just give in to the dark side and post nothing but click baity/triggering posts with titles like "kata is for fools!" or "bruce lee's 6 dumbest moves" ;) j/k, i'm just a hobbyist but i appreciate the quality info over quantity.

Hes not gone, just using one of his multiple accounts, now he goes by georgegreece.
He has reached god-status and mastered reincarnation. Something even Payak couldn't do. the true GOAT

Hes not gone, just using one of his multiple accounts, now he goes by georgegreece.
pB43k.jpg

Shincheck speaks about quality...

Last edited:

Confirmed my theory.

Only spacetime would try to post some stuff that sounds like he used "intelligent" as the translate option on google. I like the 2 second videos as opposed to the novels though. #Bringbackoldspacetime

I haven't been posting in here because last couple times I offered constructive criticism it was taken as a personal attack.

I haven't been posting in here because last couple times I offered constructive criticism it was taken as a personal attack.

I found shortly after i started to post that this wave of users some new some old would reply to criticism not as if you were helping but as you said an attack.

I think ego is a part of it some people will post just to "show off" ala spacetime technique videos and freak out when you try to correct them.

Others (this new george guy) post over analyzed threads and become super butt hurt if someone (even someone more knowledgeable in the area) bruises his ego. All while sounding just so un-genuinely knowledgeable

Its becoming an odd place to be...

shincheckin, think you said something to this effect in another thread, but just give in to the dark side and post nothing but click baity/triggering posts with titles like "kata is for fools!" or "bruce lee's 6 dumbest moves" ;) j/k, i'm just a hobbyist but i appreciate the quality info over quantity.

your a genius!!

Hey guys, so for quite some time the stand up forum was really good, with lots of informative posts, great discussions, lots of active guys, etc. However lately it seems to have kinda died off? Whats going on?

Imo it has not died down but more trash gets posted so its harder to find the good stuff.

fighting sports always also attract odd characters thats just in the nature of the sport.
Kind of goes in both directions as it also attracts some of the most down to earth people as humility kind of gets punched into us with the right coaches. :)

I do like how different the community is. You find more friendly people f.e. in track & field but its also kinda streamlined. Thats why in general I dont even have a problem with spacetimes etc. Its all in the game. To keep the forum helpful regarding trash threads / posts is the moderators job and maybe they need some more help to do that. After all its not a paid job and I can relate to their burden. 1-2 new mods strictly stand up could be a solution.

Some misunderstandings would be nonexistent (video posting etc) if new members would first read the sticky section.

Without the stand up section I honestly can say that I would have stopped learning boxing as aspects like footwork are not included in depth in my training and threads like cuban boxing..etc. help me a lot. F.e. a video from you just doing basic footwork drills like cutting corners etc helped.

Imo it has not died down but more trash gets posted so its harder to find the good stuff.

fighting sports always also attract odd characters thats just in the nature of the sport.
Kind of goes in both directions as it also attracts some of the most down to earth people as humility kind of gets punched into us with the right coaches. :)

I do like how different the community is. You find more friendly people f.e. in track & field but its also kinda streamlined. Thats why in general I dont even have a problem with spacetimes etc. Its all in the game. To keep the forum helpful regarding trash threads / posts is the moderators job and maybe they need some more help to do that. After all its not a paid job and I can relate to their burden. 1-2 new mods strictly stand up could be a solution.

Some misunderstandings would be nonexistent (video posting etc) if new members would first read the sticky section.

Without the stand up section I honestly can say that I would have stopped learning boxing as aspects like footwork are not included in depth in my training and threads like cuban boxing..etc. help me a lot. F.e. a video from you just doing basic footwork drills like cutting corners etc helped.

i agree i learned quite a bit from talking with everyone here and have gotten the opportunity to network with many people.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about the MT & KB subforum :)

Confirmed my theory.

Only spacetime would try to post some stuff that sounds like he used "intelligent" as the translate option on google. I like the 2 second videos as opposed to the novels though. #Bringbackoldspacetime
Did spacetime died?
<Huh2><Dylan>

Standup Forum used to only have 1-3 replies a week, usually all at the same time. Sometimes it went 2 weeks. This is a decent pace for Standup Forum, imo. If it were to go too much faster, it would be at the cost of being absolutely flooded with noob threads about obscure kung fu styles and quests for mythical TMA techniques, etc

Last edited:
Back