Stand up only Floyd vs Conor in UFC cage

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
would Conor kick him into oblivion? Or would Floyd do better than most think?

If Floyd can move fast enough, and use amazing head movement, he could win a DEC.

No. He would set his distance it’s side, leg, feel kicks and disrupt movement and break pace to land his clean left.

Floyd would die if he took a leg kick or teep to the gut

you want Conor to look like Jacare, Werdum and Maia all wrapped into one? Floyd would get kicked first then grappled by Conor. Yes Conor, maybe his first submission win

one kick to Floyds leg and he would literally verbally tap. Maybe two tops.

only people that think Floyd has a chance are those that have never A)been leg kicked and B)grappled

Floyd would die if he took a leg kick or teep to the gut

I don't know man...his midsection is pretty solid. More solid than Conors.

Now his legs....that a whole nother story.

But remember, Floyd can't punch like he usually does, being barefoot requires a much different type of balance. Barefoot I can see Conor simply out boxing Floyd.

Conor has a pretty diverse striking game in MMA. Most likely he would use the clinch and knees/elbows, and kicks at range. Particularly low kicks, which would screw up Floyd's game. I would favor Conor, despite the boxing difference.

Why take out grappling? We've already seen Mayweather outgrapple Conor, so we don't need to take that out.

Mayweather is simply a superior, more complete, better all-around fighter than Conor, and it kills Conor and fans like us to know that.

Conor would knock him out easily, Floyd wouldn't be much of a threat at all.

Floyd would learn very fast that clinching in boxing is not the same as clinching in MMA

If Floyd can move fast enough, and use amazing head movement, he could win a DEC.
This. If they fought on the feet Floyd would beat Conor the same way as last August. But I'm assuming that even Conor's primitive BJJ/wrestling would destroy Mayweather quickly via mma fight.

I don't know man...his midsection is pretty solid. More solid than Conors.

Now his legs....that a whole nother story.

But remember, Floyd can't punch like he usually does, being barefoot requires a much different type of balance. Barefoot I can see Conor simply out boxing Floyd.

It's a completely different distance. A strong teep at that range to the solar plexus is going to be completely foreign to him.

Conor would utterly abuse floyd in anything other than straight boxing.

If he made it past the 2 min mark of rnd 1 I'd be pleasantly surprised.

I gave conor about a 5% chance to pull out some miraculous upset in the boxing match with mayweather..floyd would have a far smaller chance that that under any kind of mixed rule set.

I believe anyone trying to argue that's not the case isn't being reasonable

Conventional boxing defense really requires the large gloves for full effectiveness. The Philly Shell absolutely requires big gloves for full effectiveness.

Floyd would POSSIBLY get kicked left and right, and it would be interesting to see how he reacts.

I don't think it'd be as one sided as a lot of you guys think though. His hand speed, conditioning ETC all still are gigantic factors.

Back