Star Trek: Discovery V4.0 (Premieres Sept. 24, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sverre054

The Juggernaut Viking
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/star-trek-discovery-v3-0-first-trailer-released.3294723/

Time for a new Star Trek discussion thread! After starting years ago as the "why is there new star trek tv series" thread, after many thousands of posts, we move onto version 4.0. We finally have a new Star Trek series on the way, so lets continue the discussion on anything Trek.

star_trek_logo.jpg

b0b3a53328326219200398da8a13a98c.jpg

I gotta admit, this is the first thing that came to mind, when I saw the "Orb"

170521182043-20-trump-saudi-arabia-0521-exlarge-169.jpg

battle086.jpg

320x240.jpg

Commander Riker, on the set of Orville. He is directing several episodes.

THe new Star Trek is going to be about strong females.
I have a feeling, Jason Issacs will be coming in as a grizzled old, veteran captain, who is going to clash with Cmdr. Burnham

What kind of episode themes do you think we are going to get?

Meaning what kind of stories do you think we will get with these episodes. Lots of pew pew pew or do you think it will be like TNG with more diplomacy type episodes.

Also do you think they are going to explore time travel or multiverse at all. Some of voyagers best episodes had to do with those themes

Any word on Start Trek 4? Is JJ returning to direct? Not sure where they're going to go after the disaster that was Beyond. That piece of shit was trash. Hopefully the F&F guy isn't asked back to direct. He's useless.

And Discovery looks 10000x worse than Beyond.

Meaning what kind of stories do you think we will get with these episodes. Lots of pew pew pew or do you think it will be like TNG with more diplomacy type episodes.

Also do you think they are going to explore time travel or multiverse at all. Some of voyagers best episodes had to do with those themes
Good Star Trek is all about the stories. Morality plays in spaaaaaaace

will probably get cancelled after season 1 trying to copy the latest star trek action movies formula

Checking in to bitch and moan about the Discovery reveals up until it launches, would be thrilled to be wrong about the show seeming shit as expectations are low...

Prolly gonna watch it even if it's shit, just not via the CBS nonsense. I mean, I watched TWD until about halfway into season 4 after thinking the most part of 3 seasons were complete shitshows. <31>

They just need good writing in standard three act format.
Apparently that's too much for writers and producers these days

It is going to be more DS9 like. It will be season long story arcs. Keep in mind that TNG, DS9, VOY all had 20-25 episodes a season, so they needed a lot more spec scripts and random adventures like TOS. Discovery will likely be about one key event for at least the first season, most likely having to do with the ancient Klingon and possible civil war.

They just need good writing in standard three act format.
Apparently that's too much for writers and producers these days
They have actually put together a pretty good writing staff. They are currently filming a episode written by Joe Menosky, who is one of the most prominent star trek writers having worked on TNG, DS9, and Voy.

will probably get cancelled after season 1 trying to copy the latest star trek action movies formula
Not likely. CBS got a great deal from Netflix. They are spending 6-10 million a episode and the entire budget was covered by Netflix paying for international rights. Even if it was a total bomb, they would fund a few seasons just to save face. That's basically what happened to Enterprise, they made the disicion to cancel it basically in the middle of season 2.

Not likely. CBS got a great deal from Netflix. They are spending 6-10 million a episode and the entire budget was covered by Netflix paying for international rights. Even if it was a total bomb, they would fund a few seasons just to save face. That's basically what happened to Enterprise, they made the disicion to cancel it basically in the middle of season 2.
I enjoyed Enterprise.
Curious to see what they do here: I've always found the Star Trek universe more interesting than Star Wars, they're very different kinds of science fiction

Yep. As long as they keep this in mind and don't Abrams the shit out of it, it should be good.
Good science fiction stories generally work just as well if you put the same story in another genre. It's not usually about the concept. Like the original series being basically a western set in space.
*Spectre of the Gun*
"The bullets will pass through me... But I will be unharmed..."

Good science fiction stories generally work just as well if you put the same story in another genre. It's not usually about the concept. Like the original series being basically a western set in space.
*Spectre of the Gun*
"The bullets will pass through me... But I will be unharmed..."
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back