Star Wars Darth Plagueis novel

savemgs

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody on Sherdog read the Darth Plagueis novel?
If so what are your thoughts and opinions on it what do you like what do you not like?
Do you have any favorite quotes.
This one is mine.

Think of it as a vessel that contains all the things to which I am devoted. All the things I love.»

«This may be the first time I have ever heard you utter the word.»

«Only because no other term exists that adequately expresses my unconditional attachment to the creatures and beings with whom I share this place. Love without compassion, however, for compassion has no part in this.»

But I have to say this is one of my favorite books.
Along with 1984.

Never read it, but I assume it has an ending which probably makes it better than that fat fuck's series.

Is Plagueis Palpatine, or his mentor? I cannot remember. Palpatine is one of the most important Sith in history. He needs an origin story.

Is Plagueis Palpatine, or his mentor? I cannot remember. Palpatine is one of the most important Sith in history. He needs an origin story.
palpatine is darth sidious. and yes, plagueis, was his master and possibly snoke.

I own it, but haven't read it.

So you recommend it?

I'll have to scope it.

Was wondering if anybody on Sherdog read the Darth Plagueis novel?
If so what are your thoughts and opinions on it what do you like what do you not like?
Do you have any favorite quotes.
This one is mine.

Think of it as a vessel that contains all the things to which I am devoted. All the things I love.»

«This may be the first time I have ever heard you utter the word.»

«Only because no other term exists that adequately expresses my unconditional attachment to the creatures and beings with whom I share this place. Love without compassion, however, for compassion has no part in this.»

But I have to say this is one of my favorite books.
Along with 1984.
I did read it. I remember my Star wars friends highly recommending it to me since I was really into expanded universe books back then and stopped when it got to be too many books.

I remember enjoying it, but being underwhelmed.

Read it a while back pretty much was a sidious origin. Enjoyed it quite a bit. From my take of the book. They made anakin.

Read it a few years ago. I think I've read about 15-20 different Star Wars books and Plagueis was up there for enjoyability factor. My favourites were the Bane Trilogy, maybe because they were the first ones that I read.

My memory might be off but I remember a particular part of the book when Palps is young and rage expresses his power in the force, can't remember if he killed his father during this outburst or injured him. Thought that part was well written though

Snoke aint important. Sidious deserves an origin story. They can do Snoke and Sidious together.
if snoke is, in fact, plagueis then he is very important. he will have used the force to cheat death, that's better than force lightning and force chokes.

Read it a while back pretty much was a sidious origin. Enjoyed it quite a bit. From my take of the book. They made anakin.
I know how Progressive was that Anakin has two two Fathers

if snoke is, in fact, plagueis then he is very important. he will have used the force to cheat death, that's better than force lightning and force chokes.
I honestly hope he's not snoke.
I like to have the book ended and it should stay that way. Damn you Disney

I read it.
Darth Bane>Darth Plageuis.

Still dont think he is as important as Sidious. Sidious practically destroyed the Jedi. And we dont know if Snoke did come back from dead or just heal his wounds.

Still dont think he is as important as Sidious. Sidious practically destroyed the Jedi. And we dont know if Snoke did come back from dead or just heal his wounds.
darth sidious, himself, killed plagueis. there was also the part with palpatine talking to anakin explaining how plagueis supposedly developed the power to cheat death and create life. if snoke is plagueis and he was merely injured rather than killed, sidious is much less cool and competent.

honestly, i hope snoke isn't plagueis but it would make sense to have him be somebody of relevance from the past. and, of course he isn't as important as sidious. he's essentially a character of lore with a few references. sidious/palpatine was the primary villain for 6 films.

darth sidious, himself, killed plagueis. there was also the part with palpatine talking to anakin explaining how plagueis supposedly developed the power to cheat death and create life. if snoke is plagueis and he was merely injured rather than killed, sidious is much less cool and competent.

honestly, i hope snoke isn't plagueis but it would make sense to have him be somebody of relevance from the past. and, of course he isn't as important as sidious. he's essentially a character of lore with a few references. sidious/palpatine was the primary villain for 6 films.

If Snoke is Plagueis, and Sidious knows he can cheat death, then why bother killing him? Sidious should know it wont work. Or maybe the death cheating process takes a few decades to accomplish.

If Snoke is Plagueis, and Sidious knows he can cheat death, then why bother killing him? Sidious should know it wont work. Or maybe the death cheating process takes a few decades to accomplish.
well he made mention of killing him in his sleep. maybe he thought that would prevent him from using his sith sorcery to remain alive. if snoke is plagueis, i assume all of this will be fleshed out. in the meantime, let's just pretend snoke is finkel and einhorn.

Back