Star Wars: Resistance (Next Animated Series by Filoni)

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
star-wars-resistance-main-1024x576.jpg

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut
STAR WARS RESISTANCE, ANIME-INSPIRED SERIES, SET FOR FALL DEBUT
ALL-NEW ANIMATED SERIES WILL FOCUS ON THE ERA BEFORE STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS.

This fall, welcome to the Resistance!

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).

“The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me. There’s a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we’ve captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.”

Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. Star Wars Resistance will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters.”

In addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).

Follow @StarWars for the latest on #StarWarsResistance and check out StarWars.com for more exciting news on the series.
Ugggh.

I abhor anime.

With any luck the animation will be more along the lines of The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra.

Yeah, Snoke's appearance was too brief for such a powerful bad guy.

I have complete faith in Filoni as a storyteller . Hopefully they don’t skimp on the animation. I seriously hope they tie up the Ezra situation soon.

I have complete faith in Filoni as a storyteller . Hopefully they don’t skimp on the animation. I seriously hope they tie up the Ezra situation soon.
Yeah, I'll come for the stories. I may not like the style, the genre, but the heart and soul of any good art is story. Everything else is window dressing.

No better example than The Last Jedi: a beautiful mess.

I notice Filoni is credited as the creator, but not a Executive producer. Looks like he is not running this show. I still think he is going to take on a bigger role in the new movies, or is planning for his next epic Search for Ezra series. Remember that 2019, Diseny is launching there streaming service, and they want several Star wars series for it. This seems like content for Disney XD, but not the big new platform.

Since Disney bought Lucasfilm and the 'Star Wars' franchise, it has all gone to shit...

Clone Wars was the bomb. I wish they would just use that animation style again.

I was hoping for a series set some time after return if the Jedi. Maybe see some Luke Skywalker action. I like Filoni so I'll def give this a shot.

Since Disney bought Lucasfilm and the 'Star Wars' franchise, it has all gone to shit...
No, it hasn't. Filoni's series have been remarkably good.

Much of the satellite lore from the Comics, Books, and Video Games is also quite good.

No, it hasn't. Filoni's series have been remarkably good.

Much of the satellite lore from the Comics, Books, and Video Games is also quite good.

Exactly. People just watching the movies, are selling themselves short on the franchise as a whole.

Those last few episodes of Rebels were absolutely phenomenal. Filoni bless!

No better example than The Last Jedi: a beautiful mess.

I tried to force myself to watch that film again, couldn't do it. There wasn't a single scene I really enjoyed.

I tried to force myself to watch that film again, couldn't do it. There wasn't a single scene I really enjoyed.

The longer the film drag on the more it got ridiculous and so contrived and trust me I am the type of Star Wars fan that are loyal to the movies I haven't read the now non cannon legends or any other non film stuff but I can say I am a big fan of the franchise so I don't have some pre conceived expectations that might get me disappointed but still I really felt robbed!

Again I did not shit on the prequels even though I got annoyed with Phantom Menace but I gave it a pass Ep.2 is okay and EP3 for me is great.

So for me to be pissed with a Star Wars film is really something.

Yup not a big fan of Japanese Anime my self I watch only a few then I grew up. But some of my fucking friends still watch that shit when they are like 20 and they think I am the Nerd for watching UFC instead.

They are kinda pissed that I won't switch channels so they can watch some Ghost Fighter or some Girly Boy Anime shit.

If it’s anything like this......I am so in.

Back