STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS v.10 (Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
what other Sith apprentice in the history of Star Wars would have trouble with these two cans? The outcome was preposterous.
Who knows. Lets line them all up and shoot them all in the gut with chewies crazy ass blaster and start testing.

Why are Finn and Rey cans? (other then stupid personal opinions. Only real reasons thanks) They both handled themselves pretty good in the movie.

Poe shot at him from surprise yet he caught it.
He also didn't just kill his dad. In the Poe scene Ren was in control and not really facing any adversity or risks that may have distracted him.

No matter how powerful they make him in the next film I will always see the new sith as the emo who got murked by a space trooper janitor in a light sabre duel.

No matter how powerful they make him in the next film I will always see the new sith as the emo who got murked by a space trooper janitor in a light sabre duel.

But he dominated Finn. It wasnt even close to competitive. Finns only purpose was a stop gap after Ren KOd Rey. So there was time for her to recover and him to weaken.

Last edited:
My wife came home with the BluRay Saturday and we watched it again last night. At no point did Finn pose any threat to Ren - not even remotely - Finn managed a lucky glancing blow which utlimately resulted in his quick de-spining.

Has anyone thought of the fact that Rey might be the daughter of Ezra Bridger? They literally have the exact same background and profile, including being able to do Jedi shit without being properly trained.

he fact that people are still saying Finn beat him down is baffling. Finn got beat up in a fight that lasted less than a minute. He landed one glancing blow against a guy that was already seriously injured, and was then immediately critically injured and koed. Finn is also a trained fighter and spent half the movie killing dudes.

he fact that people are still saying Finn beat him down is baffling. Finn got beat up in a fight that lasted less than a minute. He landed one glancing blow against a guy that was already seriously injured, and was then immediately critically injured and koed. Finn is also a trained fighter and spent half the movie killing dudes.

Yeah, I don't get it. I mean, theres plenty of valid criticisms. But some people are just going too far out of their way to go against the trend it seems like.

That's one interpretation. Another is he was doing it to play off the injury, the way a fighter smiles when he gets hit with a hard shot. We've never seen him in another movie, so it doesn't make sense to automatically assign all of these powers to him we've never seen him display, especially powers from other mediums like video games, books, cartoons, etc.

Getting stronger after an injury also isn't something often seen in movie sith. Vader was done after getting his hand cut off by Dooku, , Maul and Dooku were pretty much insta killed, etc. I mean maybe in some book or game sith displayed those traits, but the power levels and abilities differ drastically from one setting to another. With movie jedi/sith typically being the weakest.

Finally got around to checking this out. Not a big Star Wars fan, so don't expect a great deal of detailed analysis regarding it's universe. Judged this purely from an action adventure movie standpoint, and it was pretty good.

Pros:

- Swift pace, and not a lot of filler

- Good overall acting. A first for the franchise as far as I'm concerned.

- Solid, likable protagonists.

- Great special effects(duh), and well done action sequences.

Cons

- The villains. I liked not Darth Vader up until the point he took off his mask. It also raised some questions as to why he even wears it all the time. Darth Vader had a reason for wearing his getup. This new guy wore it because it looked cool I guess? The new "emperor" guy was just plain shit. Some CGI creation with no clear motive other than being evil. Meh.

- All too similar plot. Did they really need to do the whole "Deathstar V2" thing? Felt pretty lazy.

- The film's climax was extremely weak, and didn't feel like a proper ending to this entry.

- Carrie Fisher sucks

All in all, it was enjoyable, and immeasurable shit tonnes better than any of the prequels.

7.5/10.

Cliffs: Rey is a Palpatine

I finally saw this for the first time, and its way better than people make it out to be. The movie visually is the best of the series, and moves at a great pace I never felt like it was slow, and i enjoyed all the characters except for the whole empire redux (i did like ren though)

The three biggest flaws for me were:

The First Order aka "the empire that never left"makes the entire OT irrelevant. Everything they did was for nothing and the empire is now STRONGER for no reason.

This movie should have been mostly about snoke and kylo restoring the broken factions to create a strong force to tear down the republic. Instead theyre already destroying planets, so why the fuck are they so concerned about an exiled Luke

They could easily take over the galaxy, especially since their storm troopers seem competent.

2. Kylo is a powerful dark side force practitioner who has been doing this for years. So we have him losing battles to people who didnt even believe jedis were real just a half hour ago<34>

I could deal with mind force scene because it's a decent way to open her powers up, and show kylos insecurities. BUT losing a lightsaber battle? Fuck outta here

I dont care if he has a blaster wound, you just dont became adept at saber fighting so fast. A garbage man and a chick dont last vs a trained practitioner. It doesnt work that way

3. The last act was just a retread of blowing up the death star. Fuck that.

Finn was funny in spurts, but it was annoying how he was such a cheerleader. Plus all of a sudden he loves rey?

Got friend zoned with a fucking hug.

Leia huggging rey over chewie after han died is a disgrace

I finally saw this for the first time, and its way better than people make it out to be. The movie visually is the best of the series, and moves at a great pace I never felt like it was slow, and i enjoyed all the characters except for the whole empire redux (i did like ren though)

The three biggest flaws for me were:

The First Order aka "the empire that never left"makes the entire OT irrelevant. Everything they did was for nothing and the empire is now STRONGER for no reason.

This movie should have been mostly about snoke and kylo restoring the broken factions to create a strong force to tear down the republic. Instead theyre already destroying planets, so why the fuck are they so concerned about an exiled Luke

They could easily take over the galaxy, especially since their storm troopers seem competent.

2. Kylo is a powerful dark side force practitioner who has been doing this for years. So we have him losing battles to people who didnt even believe jedis were real just a half hour ago<34>

I could deal with mind force scene because it's a decent way to open her powers up, and show kylos insecurities. BUT losing a lightsaber battle? Fuck outta here

I dont care if he has a blaster wound, you just dont became adept at saber fighting so fast. A garbage man and a chick dont last vs a trained practitioner. It doesnt work that way

3. The last act was just a retread of blowing up the death star. Fuck that.

Finn was funny in spurts, but it was annoying how he was such a cheerleader. Plus all of a sudden he loves rey?

Got friend zoned with a fucking hug.

Leia huggging rey over chewie after han died is a disgrace

I agree it's better than people say, this 'Episode VII sucks' seemed to start after Rogue One came out, but I don't think it's accurate at all. Rogue One had a crap story with an awesome battle scene at the end.

theory on why Leia hugged Rey
Rey is either her daughter, or Luke's

Back