STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I like how luke is learning life lessons from Rey...gets beat down by rey and luke who is totally cut off from the force uses it to cut down on him falling. Great way to use the force luke. I was so excited to see him float 2inchs from the ground, My mind was blown away by it

Well what could a wise older man possibly teach a hyper aggressive young lady? I mean, that's basically illegal according to the media anyway. He's lucky he didn't get in more trouble for trying.

Older people have nothing to teach now.. The media, like Disney, gives the youth all the knowledge they are supposed to have. Another great turd-bit of wisdom from this progressive showcase.

Last edited:
There were some things i didn't like about it but all and all i thought it was good and enjoyed it

That's generally what I've seen. The nerds who are super into Star Wars hated it, the casuals loved it.

My 10 year old loved it the first time. Started noticing the holes the second time he saw it.

For the people that were not happy with the Luke storyline, what would you have preferred? I'm thinking if he would have left with Rey and trained her on the way and confronted Kylo and then gets killed. Wouldn't it have been just the same as Obi Wan?

Well, any synopsis could never do justice to what you see. More than that, any summary could be good or bad, depending on the result.

Personally, what I was anticipating was that we'd see both Rey and Ren go through their training at the same time. So we'd be switching back and forth between Rey on the island and Ren under Snoke. We've seen bits of Jedi training and what not on the big screen, but sith training is still something that hasnt been in the movies. I realize that I guess Snoke isnt Sith because it says so in a production booklet or something. I say meh and we can make him a sith if we want.

So the focus would be more on Ren and the sith training perverting what we know of the Jedi sensibilities. So Rey would learn something and then we'd go to Ren learning the flip side of the coin. For me this would mean following the logical conclusion of Ren killing Han in FA and his conflict between light and dark is gone.

All throughout the training Luke is warning her about Kylos power and such, but she keeps saying "I already beat him" or something similar. As the movie goes on, this is a point reiterated once or twice. Luke is warning her, and she's saying she already beat him.

This would take a bit more time, so you couldnt have a "Rebels on a slow chase" storyline. Although I suppose you could eventually just lead up to that, it just happens at a later time period and we dont need the canto blight sequence.

At any rate, my prediction since FA was that Kylo would kill Snoke, but pretty much as the culmination of his sith training which requires killing your master. Except now, he says "Fuck all this rule of two" and his knights of Ren now become his sith apprentices. So instead of 2 sith, a master and student, you have like 7 or 8. Or he keeps questioning Snoke about the rule of two yada yada to mirror Reys own slight rebellion against her master in not listening about Rens power. But Rey doesnt kill her master, obviously, but thats what Ren decides to do because dark side.

So, inevitably Ren and Rey are forced into some kind of altercation. What I was hoping for, and in no way expecting, was they each get their respective "cool" sequence where they show how awesome and powerful they are, but not against each other. Maybe Rey can take out one of the knights or something. Who knows?

Then they do meet. And I thought the best thing they could have done was just have Kylo completely murk her ala MacGregor/Aldo. Just a couple of steps and complete starch her and even cut off an entire arm, thereby solidifying a few things:

A) Shoulda listened to your goddamn teacher
B) Ren really is that powerful
C) It makes his handicap in FA all the more apparent.
D) But most importantly now you have a viable threat in the 3rd movie, which is sorely lacking now since Rey is basically every bit as powerful as Ren after about 3 days of force use and shadow boxing with a rock.Generally speaking, classic story structure needs to protagonist to suffer defeat around 2/3rds of the way into the story after everything going their way. That sets up the suspense of the climax. As of now, theres zero suspense as far as any altercation with Ren and Rey which is a huge mistake for the 3rd movie of a trilogy.

Now, as far as Luke goes, theres all sorts of things they could do. you could keep the bones of the narrative of his guilt intact. Honestly, they dont even need to kill him. His death in TLJ was the most arbitrary thing in any of the movies. But if they decide to do so, you can still give him something. Maybe he saves Rey, fighting off Ren and all the Knights. Maybe he manages to beat a few, but the overwhelming number of Sith is too much and he eventually pulls a Kenobi and just lets it happen. Maybe instead of a pile of clothes it makes a flash of light that blinds them long enough for Rey and someone else to get away. I dunno, its all off the top of my head.

The point is, would that be a more "predictable" way to go? Sure, I'll buy that for a dollar. But theres a difference between unpredictable and satisfying.

Last edited:
My 10 year old loved it the first time. Started noticing the holes the second time he saw it.

I thought Luke was great. Just as immature and whiney as he was in the original trilogy, but the broken old man version.

My biggest problem with the film was more logical things. Like Finn was way ahead of Rose, going top speed at the cannon. There is zero chance of her catching up to him.

That's generally what I've seen. The nerds who are super into Star Wars hated it, the casuals loved it.

I think its a little bit of both.

There are nerds that love anything star wars

You can tattoo a dick with star wars logo on it and dumb fans will chung it the fuck down and then tell you you just dont understand

I know I'm late to the party on this, but my interest in this is pretty low. Had an observation after seeing the movie though.

Did it seem to anyone else that there was a massive time issue in this movie? For the whole movie the rebels are on the run and being shot at by the empire, but running concurrently with this was Rei's (sp?) jedi training. How long was she on that island with Luke for? Likewise, how did Finn and those other guys manage to hyperjump to another system, get down to the planet, do all that shit including being placed in prison then jump back to the battle. How long was the rebel fleet being chased for?

It seemed like a pretty dumb movie to me. Not as bad as the prequels I guess.

I know I'm late to the party on this, but my interest in this is pretty low. Had an observation after seeing the movie though.

Did it seem to anyone else that there was a massive time issue in this movie? For the whole movie the rebels are on the run and being shot at by the empire, but running concurrently with this was Rei's (sp?) jedi training. How long was she on that island with Luke for? Likewise, how did Finn and those other guys manage to hyperjump to another system, get down to the planet, do all that shit including being placed in prison then jump back to the battle. How long was the rebel fleet being chased for?

The prequels may have just as shitty writing but the action makes them above this film in every single way

She a fast learner. lol the whole movie took place in like 19 hours.

I thought this was badass. Bruce Lee nunchuck lightsabers for the fraking win

Looking at reviews for the close to last time..

RT is spot on with its review score and reviews.

Found Metacritc from IMDB and it too runs at 4.6. Dominantly negative. Read some reviews and like RT, it was hard to find some positive scores, but theyre there.

Then theres IMDB. The highest user score, with no positive review in sight.

I disagree. Last jedi makes zero sense from top to bottom and has one decent fight scene against people you know they cant lose against

Nothing is worse than sitting through 2 hours of Jake Lloyd tyring to act and Jar Jar getting farted on. Although they did try their best to top that with Rose

No. Phantom menace was worse.

Definitely. Saw it on TV on the other day, watched the race at the beginning, and couldn't make it through. The dialogue and story was cringe but even the directing sucked. Something about a lot of the green screen shots just looked off.

Another point noone is bringing up.....John Boyega AND Daisey Ridley are both British.........yet the director made Boyega drop his British accent, and allowed Daisey to keep hers.

Very interesting, and I wonder why.

I honestly might put TPM above The Last Jedi. I mean what they did to Luke alone basically puts it right there.

Jar Jar Binks vs Rose: they cancel each other out

Fuck it I’m watching TPM today. Besides from Jar Jar I don’t remember it being as bad as TLJ. I mean the Darth Maul tag team fight is one of my favorite fights ever and that alone makes it a better movie.

Back